Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice

Feb 2, 2020, 10:30 PM

His performance was average

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice

Feb 2, 2020, 10:31 PM

Agree

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their announcement of the MVP, or lack there of....

Feb 2, 2020, 10:37 PM

Confirms this.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 10:38 PM

Yep, Sammy set up two scores!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 10:57 PM

was a lazy choice, should have been Damien Williams

yep***

Feb 2, 2020, 11:15 PM

Indeed....Williams had over 100 yds rushing and 2 TDs....

Feb 3, 2020, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice ]

And he did not turn it over twice either.

Feb 2, 2020, 10:59 PM

Mahomes and Chiefs were pre-determined. The media has to sensationalize someone in every sport. Some of the calls and no-calls were absurd including offensive pass interference, no call on holding pass interference, off sides, helmet to helmet contact on Jimmy G and delay of game, etc. Just call game fair.

Feb 2, 2020, 11:02 PM

Talk radio has talked all week about him being the greatest ever so I agree it was a done deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 11:14 PM

Yep, done deal before the game started.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice ]

They do that every year, this year was no different. Mahomes was just as responsible for their comeback as DW4 was a couple weeks ago when he took all the credit for it and didn't give his teammates credit.

Are you referring to the Texans-Bills game?

Feb 3, 2020, 6:45 PM

Would love to see a link for any interview where DW4 "took all the credit for it and didn't give his teammates credit." He has never, nor would he ever, do that.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Are you referring to the Texans-Bills game?

Feb 5, 2020, 3:25 PM

Their comeback win a few weeks back that was sparked by JJ Watt. On the field, Deshaun said "I told the guys before the game...I said let's be great. Well, somebody had to be great so why not me?" Never even mentioned the rest of his team and acted like he was solely responsible for their comeback win. Somebody must have pointed it out because his tune changed on the podium.

Feb 3, 2020, 12:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice ]

Lmao dude I'm a Chargers fan so I hate the Chiefs. What you are implying is asinine.

Feb 3, 2020, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice ]

Sounds like a post from someone who lost money or who’s smokin’ the sherm.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2020, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice ]

Are you an Ohio St fan by any chance?

Feb 3, 2020, 2:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice ]

Lol .
SMH

DB23

Buying stock in aluminum will pay off big with all th he tinfoil hats being made.***

Feb 3, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice ]

Feb 3, 2020, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Mahomes as mvp is a weak choice ]

i'm still confused by the helmet to helmet. The one they showed in slow motion looked clean to me. I understand the coach was yelling about something that happened on his side of the field though which I don't think they ever showed us.

Perhaps Dave, but

Feb 2, 2020, 11:18 PM

Playing like crap for 3-quarters, yet still having the guts and confidence to stick with it and play like a world beater from then on is something really special.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perhaps Dave, but

Feb 3, 2020, 2:42 AM

Mahomes and the Chiefs were the better team , and that showed when the chips were down and they got behind .
Also , credit to Reid for calling a good game ... not perfect but he's such a veteran guy he knew what he had and how to use it and made the right calls late .

DB23

I think if Sammy get's a TD he has a chance.

Feb 3, 2020, 12:52 AM

Otherwise - just a decent game. The TE had just as much impact, maybe more.

QB is a weak choice, but there were not obvious winners here.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Feb 3, 2020, 1:02 PM

What it comes down to is that they couldn't have won the Super Bowl without him. It can easily be argued that they could have with any other player going down. 0% chance with Mahomes down. That makes him most valuable.

Feb 3, 2020, 6:24 PM

Not even average. he threw a duck, that Sammy leaped and caught. Couple interceptions . . bad choice.

Feb 5, 2020, 3:29 PM

It's amazing how many people are eluding that Sammy should have won the MVP? Get real, he's not awarded bonus points for going to Clemson. So many people here are pissy that Mahomes was selected above Deshaun and is showing why. League MVP and Pro Bowl MVP last year. Super Bowl winner and MVP this year. Lamar winning MVP this year seems to have hurt a lot of feelings too since Deshaun wasn't even in the conversation after week 7.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic