Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mafah, Grayson HS RB, CU commit for 2021,,,,,,,,,,,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Mafah, Grayson HS RB, CU commit for 2021,,,,,,,,,,,

Nov 1, 2020, 9:54 AM

watched Phil Mafah from Grayson HS in person Fri night. He's a 4 star who should be a 5 star. Speed, size and can catch out of the backfield, playing with #1 rated HS team in GA in the highest class in GA. IF he stays healthy, he will start next fall. Shipley will be the next Amari with ability to run, etc. Assuming Ross comes back, we get more consistent play from the WRs and DJU continues development, next year's offense can be something really special.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mafah, Grayson HS RB, CU commit for 2021,,,,,,,,,,,

Nov 1, 2020, 10:18 AM

Can he pass block? Dabo doesn't play rb's who can't block in pass protection. A little worried about what I've seen out of Lyn J this year and Bowman transfer. Rb group could be young but talented next year. You're right about the offense in general though, especially if Ladson/Ngata make the step

Nov 1, 2020, 10:47 AM

With ET playing the way he is Lyn J just isn't going to get enough touches to get into any sort of rhythm. I really think he'll be ready and have a breakout year next year. The good news is that even with Bowman transferring we still will have deep and talented RBs.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 10:59 AM

Maybe not a 5 star but he is a quality back. We should have a lot of concern here heading into next year. #23 is not going to carry the load. I know Dabo is not a transfer portal guy, but now would be the time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 12:02 PM

Both of our incoming backs plan to be January enrollees. That makes a huge difference in getting true freshman capable and ready to take a decent number of snaps in the Fall.

Nov 1, 2020, 11:32 AM

It's been said on here before, but he reminds me of Jerome Bettis.

He's big and he has a great first step. I can't tell if he's actually that fast or DBs and LBs don't want to catch him because then they'd have to try to tackle him.

Nov 1, 2020, 11:35 AM

He reminds me of James Wilder. If you don’t ohim, look him up.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just don't see it

Nov 1, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Mafah, Grayson HS RB, CU commit for 2021,,,,,,,,,,, ]

it takes him at least 10 yards to get up to full speed. A lot like Feaster was. I don't see the foot quickness moving thru the first line of defenders. I hope I'm wrong. There was one very good RB at Clemson that was not the quickest but loved contact, and was fantastic. Raymond Priester.

watched the game on television and Mafah looked great!

Nov 1, 2020, 11:40 AM

I am one of those who believes there is a big difference in a four and five star. But I shared your feelings about Mafah. Looks to me like a 7.5 yards per carry workhorse like Mafah along with his receiving skills deserved that fifth star

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 12:32 PM

The kid can play, but should be a 5 star is a stretch. And starting as a freshman next year... you’ve lost your mind. I see RB by committee next season. Dixon, Mellusi, Pace, Mafah, Shipley... I think The RB room gonna obviously be young, but all these cats can play a little bit. Of course I wished Bowman would have stayed, but I’m not sure he was necessarily the heir apparent. I mean, are we going to sign an Etienne twice in a four year cycle? I think we’ll be just fine. It’ll be similar to Etienne‘s freshman year... only with a far superior QB. Sorry Kelly-B.

Hope so. Aside from Amari, this year's wideouts are

Nov 1, 2020, 12:40 PM

wildly inconsistent. This many games in, they should be settling down, but, no one has stepped up to be "The Man" other than Amari so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 12:40 PM

I watched the Grayson/Parkview game on TV and was impressed. He's strong with good size and power thru contact. Solid 4*

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic