Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
unc football hype or a legit threat?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 3,919

unc football hype or a legit threat?

Oct 13, 2020, 9:34 PM

go tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: unc football hype or a legit threat?

Oct 13, 2020, 9:36 PM

wishful hype by Swoff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 10:02 PM

Hype.

Next question please.

I’ve heard they are legit. Big and playing well

Oct 13, 2020, 9:37 PM

Per source, they are a legit top 15 team in a normal season, and worthy of their higher rank with other teams still out. They were surprised by their size and ability.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They look better than the U. We may see them at the ACCCG***

Oct 13, 2020, 9:38 PM

Re: They look better than the U. We may see them at the ACCCG***

Oct 13, 2020, 9:49 PM

Their offensive attack looks real. Their defense looks like trash. The question is, what does their offense look like against a real defense?

Our-ami’s offense was amazing on Friday night and complete trash on Saturday night.

Insert anti-Tarhole rant here <

>

I can’t stand’em

Oct 13, 2020, 9:41 PM

I think they are a legit top 15 team and yes they could beat us. Not 5 out of 10 but they could beat the Tigers if we bring the D game like last year.

NC may get another leave no doubt game. ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 9:59 PM

We don't have the same D as last year. Last years IMO, was the hardest for BV work with since he's been at Clemson!!! Thinking they could beat us any game this year, is reaching!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 9:42 PM

Remember 2019?

Because They Have A Legit QB

Oct 13, 2020, 9:48 PM

They deserve the hype because they have a legit QB and a couple of WR's who will play on Sunday's. But, they are not there yet "if Clemson brings it's A game"! A-game for A-game we beat them by 4 td's or more. The talent separation and our coaches experience having faced super talented teams "and winning before" would be too much for them.

If we aren't focused and bring anything but our A game - they could beat us for sure! Our B-game vs. their A game would be a good contest that we might or might not win(I think we win because of previously stated above). But, it would be closer than it should.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: unc football hype or a legit threat? ]

I remember a Clemson defense starting the season with a depleted front 7, and a stripped secondary, and BV worked miracles to keep us in most games the beginning of 2019!!!! BV done a H&11 of a job coaching up a D that got us in the NCG, period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 9:52 PM

I'm not going to say that Mack don't have UNCheat playing good FB right now, but I am saying that the only reason they took us down to the wire last year is simply bc BV was still figuring out how to make a 3 man front work for us bc of a depleted defensive front 7 bc of graduation, and with juniors and seniors from that defense leaving for the NFL!!! I hope we do get to play them in the ACC championship game!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Oct 13, 2020, 10:01 PM

Anytime you have a QB like Howell you are a threat.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:07 PM

Good team, not CFP level yet. But Mack is recruiting well and has an excellent staff, so definitely on the upswing.

Plus, the players need not be worried with those pesky classes and tests, so they can spend more time on football.

Offense legit. Defense.... meh

Oct 13, 2020, 10:08 PM

Like nearly every other team out there it seems.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 10:33 PM

I think they will be our toughest opponent if the get to the championship game. They are legit and that is good for the ACC.

Yep.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:36 PM

You decide which I am talking about. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're better than the team that almost beat us.

Oct 13, 2020, 10:43 PM

But, we're better than the team that almost lost to them.

Re: They're better than the team that almost beat us.

Oct 14, 2020, 1:04 AM

Definitely, by a long ways on our D!!! Take in consideration that Murphy and Bresee are going to be game seasoned players that will make a huge difference from last years front 7, and our this season secondary will be good, maybe not as good as last years, but good enough to win games when facing good QB play on opposing offenses!!!

Oct 13, 2020, 11:01 PM

Based on their defense I would say maybe top 20. A ball control offense will expose them whilst not allowing a good offense on the field enough

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: unc football hype or a legit threat? If we play

Oct 13, 2020, 11:08 PM

I'd love to see us school them because they dont do academics

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: unc football hype or a legit threat? If we play

Oct 14, 2020, 6:19 AM

You crack me up. You seriously have an obsession.

Well, you don't. Prove me wrong.

Oct 14, 2020, 9:59 AM

Your 21 million dollar legal defense didn't prove it to be a false accusation, they just argued that it was available for all UNCheat students. How worthless is a degree from that place?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 14, 2020, 12:55 AM

Oct 14, 2020, 1:08 AM

Yep, and the fan base pressured his firing at Texass bc he was getting up in age, their mistake, bc coaches sometimes have crappy recruiting season, especially when they have assistance going to other schools for better jobs!!!

Mack Brown is building UNC into a really good football

Oct 14, 2020, 6:44 AM

team. They have some legit future NFL talent on the team and will beat most teams in the ACC. I would not be surprised if UNC ends up beating Notre Dame and we see them in the ACC Championship this year. However, UNC doesn't currently have the breadth and depth of talent that Clemson has and would certainly expect us to beat UNC if we play them.

Mack Brown is recruiting exceptionally well and from what I can tell he is developing that talent. I definitely think Mack has UNC on the rise and if the upward trend continues he is going to build a team that can compete with the football power houses sooner rather than later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mack Brown is building UNC into a really good football

Oct 14, 2020, 7:13 AM

I think your assessment is very accurate. UNC is on the rise but we have not “risen” in terms of being a true playoff caliber team. The attitude of most Heels fans including myself is that it’s nice to see progress, it’s amazing how fast Mack has turned it around, but we have a couple years to go to try and be the real deal.

Re: Mack Brown is building UNC into a really good football

Oct 14, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Mack Brown is building UNC into a really good football ]

Well, since you asked....

UNC will be a "threat" to challenge (not equal) Clemson in the coming years.

Mack is bringing in high 4* recruits who will see the field in the coming years. UNC lacks the depth of a program like Clemson but "help" is on the way. UNC has a HOF head coach; excellent staff (particularly its coordinators); fertile recruiting territory; and a national brand. Plus, we have a "difference maker" QB, which is a must in today's game.

Most UNC fans' goal this season is to get to the ACCCG and lose honorably to Clemson and then go to a NY6 bowl game. That may be a bit optimistic but at least possible.

Next year may be our year to challenge Clemson with TL and ETN gone and more of Mack's players (particularly on defense) integrated into the team.

Oct 14, 2020, 8:13 AM

They are legit. They are better than they were last year and we all remember that game.

Oct 14, 2020, 8:53 AM

Probably be like the late 90's heels, a couple of good years and then disappear.

Oct 14, 2020, 11:31 AM

I hope the hype and winning continues for UNC. They are owed a thorough and complete beat down by the Tigers. Don't think for a minute that 2019 is not remembered and the ACC championship would be a nice place to take out some frustration over the perception and rankings resulting from that game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 3,919
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic