Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MY Long rant about Alabama and LSU and their rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,571

MY Long rant about Alabama and LSU and their rankings

Nov 10, 2015, 10:58 PM

How to get into the playoffs --

First - You need the History to show why you are so great!!!

You need to have lost every non conference top 20 team you played in the last two years
- especially if they are ranked even lower then you are.
Be in a conference, that Dating back to the 2013 season, has gone 0-5 in its last five BCS or New Year's Six bowl games,
- even better when these losses are spread evenly among the other power 5 conferences.
Be in a conference whose top five teams from the 2014 standings went 0-5 for that years bowl season.

Second - You have to schedule against some really tough Non Conference teams.

Here are some examples of the teams you need to beat to come off as Great
- ULM, Middle Tennessee, Charleston Southern, Wisconsin, McNeese St., Syracuse, Eastern Michigan, WKU.
Make sure that you dont schedule any of them that are top 20 teams, recent history shows you wont come out on top.

Now - If you have not figured it out yet then let me just say - THIS IS THE SEC - specifically Alabama and LSU.

We all know Alabama beat LSU, but even before the game I think everyone knew that was how it was going to go - but lets look at why.

Here is the breakdown of LSU's schedule
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MCNEESE ST. Did not have to play them and honestly they would have won this game with ease.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MISS ST. 21-19 Miss St. should be ranked somewhere between 17th and 23rd but only because this years FBS has a lower mean of great teams.

THEIR WINS:
Southern Miss 34-16 NON TOP 50 TEAM
Northwestern St 62-13 FCS
Auburn 17-9 In the 30's and Auburn gave up more points to Jacksonville St
Troy 45-17 NON TOP 50 TEAM
Louisiana Tech 45-20 NON TOP 50 TEAM
Kentucky 42-16 NON TOP 50 TEAM
Missouri 31-13 NON TOP 50 TEAM

THEIR LOSSES:
LSU - 19-21 The only top 25 team they have played.
Really more acurately ranked around 14th. Point is LSU is really no better then Miss St.
Texas A&M - 17-30 sits currently between 30 and 35th
Point is Miss St. Gave up more points to Texas A&M then LSU.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUBURN 45-21

THEIR WINS:
Louisville 31-24 In the 30's but if they played today Auburn would lose - Louisvills's QB issues are much better now.
Jacksonville St 27-20 FCS TEAM AND HAD TO WIN IN OVERTIME
San Jose St 35-21 NON TOP 50 TEAM
Kentucky 30-27 NON TOP 50 TEAM
Texas A&M 26-10 In the 30's - Everyone should know this was only do to QB issues at Texas A&M

THEIR LOSSES: These scores seem right for these games
LSU 21-45 Top 20
Mississippi St 9-17 In the 20's
Arkansas 46-54 In the 30's 4/OT
Ole Miss 19-27 In the 20's

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syracuse 34-24 NON TOP 50 TEAM and I dont think we have to cover this schedule BUT 34-24 WOW
Syracuse lost their best player and Leonard Fournette ran for a career-high 244 yards. And their was a punt Return and still only 34-24

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EMU 44-22 NON TOP 50 TEAM but still gave up 22

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

South Carolina 45-24 NON TOP 50 TEAM but still gave up 24

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLORIDA 35-28 Top 10 Team that had lost the star QB and has gone to crap since

THEIR WINS:
New Mexico St 61-13 LOOK AT THESE TEAMS AND LOOK AT THESE SCORES - NOTHING ELSES NEEDS TO BE SAID
East Carolina 31-24 NON TOP 50 TEAM
Kentucky 14-9 NON TOP 50 TEAM
Tennessee 28-27 In the 30's maybe 40's BUT ITS A 1 POINT GAME
Ole Miss 38-10 Top 30 team This team beat Alabama in Alabama but they still have lost 3 - 2 deservingly so!
Missouri 21-3 NON TOP 50 TEAM
Georgia 27-3 In the 30's maybe 40's without Chubb
Vanderbilt 9-7 NON TOP 50 TEAM Really 9-7 against Vanderbilt

THEIR LOSSES:
LSU 28-35 They should have lost, but by a lot more then 7.
They put up 9 on Vandy but 28 on LSU
Point is LSU does not have the Defense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WKU 48-20 NON TOP 50 TEAM - This score is about right

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alabama 16-30 A top 15 team the way they have been playing but lost at home to a 3 loss Ole Miss.
Will say this - If they had beat Ole Miss then they would be top 4 - but they did not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not going into the specifics of the Alabama Schedule because the quality of the teams they have played are already mentioned above. My head may have just exploded

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MY Long rant about Alabama and LSU and their rankings

Nov 11, 2015, 12:51 AM

POTD

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MY Long rant about Alabama and LSU and their rankings

Nov 11, 2015, 6:02 AM

Great stuff. Thx for doing the legwork. It is absolutely ridiculous that any one loss team makes it in over an undefeated from power 5.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC preseason rankings

Nov 11, 2015, 6:42 AM

Are why SEC teams are over rated. ESPN works hard to get them ranked.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on what you posted

Nov 11, 2015, 7:47 AM

Im happy to see them in the top 4. The chances of them losing a CFP game are very high. Who else is in the CFP top 4? Oh thats right Clemson is. So if we do your math Clemson has a very high chance of winning a game against those schools.

Get over it, Clemson is #1. Number freaking 1. Let that sink in for a second.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,571
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic