Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MU police want you to call them for hateful/hurtful speech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 604

MU police want you to call them for hateful/hurtful speech

Nov 10, 2015, 7:56 PM

http://www.abc17news.com/news/mu-police-encourages-individuals-to-report-hateful-speech/36366142

What are these kids going to do in the real world when they cant call the police for hurt feelings. If I owned a business I would not be looking to hire someone that's gonna be filing complaints everyday for hurt feelings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: MU police want you to call them for hateful/hurtful speech

Nov 10, 2015, 8:05 PM

I wish all the kids would call on the blacks that call each other the N word. How did they expect to not hear the word if they consider it a term of endearment when said to each other. Dbl standard, imo

Re: MU police want you to call them for hateful/hurtful speech

Nov 10, 2015, 8:10 PM

I always think peace and harmony when the Missouri police are mentioned.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know. It's strange that a police officer would

Nov 11, 2015, 8:40 AM

defend himself when being attacked by a criminal. Weird stuff

I agree with the premise of why students are protesting...

Nov 11, 2015, 9:30 AM

But Jesus H. Christ, this execution is horrible. Physically trying to bar reporters from the scene? Call the police for hateful speech?

You don't get to pick and choose which rights apply to you and which ones don't apply to others. Clearly some changes are needed at Missouri but the protesters are acting like imbeciles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

A toddler's temper tantrum comes to mind.***

Nov 11, 2015, 9:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Your cause is lost when you act this way...

Nov 11, 2015, 9:39 AM

Even if the cause is righteous.

I've always been a big fan of Sun Tzu's philosophies, and his rule that you never attack your opponent when he has the high ground applies in a lot of aspects of life.

If your opponent looks like less of an imbecile than you, you're going to lose, even if your cause is the right one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I'm becoming of the opinion that many of these protests

Nov 11, 2015, 9:46 AM

aren't about dialogue and discussion or making any lasting change but are only about protesting. Too many people on both the left and the right are escaping reality into a constructed alternate reality.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm becoming of the opinion that many of these protests

Nov 11, 2015, 10:14 AM

The best I can get out of this is the students and staff of and the populace surrounding the University of Missouri aren't exactly, um, well let's just say it ain't MIT.

In the long run, I guess it's good. We South Carolinians could always say, "Hey, but we're not as bad as Mississippi," but Mississippi is sort of crawling out of the muck now.

I was wondering if we'd get a replacement for Faulkner's armpit.

Looks like Missouri has been really trying hard to be the new perianal region of the nation these past few years, so kudos.

Humans appear to have a need to be the victim.***

Nov 11, 2015, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Exactly. Your cause is lost when you act this way... ]

Signs of systemic racism...

Nov 13, 2015, 5:02 PM

1. Cops are out to prosecute people for using certain words that blacks find offensive.
2. The UNIVERSITY PRESIDENT steps down after only a couple days due to pressure from a small number of students. A Black interim president is named.
3. The class president is a gay black dude. THAT MEANS SOMETHING.
4. There is a much larger ratio of blacks in student government than their are in the student population.

I hate to reduce one side of the debate to simply calling them stupid... but guys... if you think systemic racism is the reason behind the protests, more than the intellectual, social and personal flaws of the protesters then you are probably stupid.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 604
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic