Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry, But Notre Dame Still Rocks Over Clemson, Alabama And
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Sorry, But Notre Dame Still Rocks Over Clemson, Alabama And

Jul 26, 2019, 3:03 PM

Maybe for the older crowd but I doubt it for the next generation

https://www.forbes.com/sites/terencemoore/2019/07/26/sorry-but-notre-dame-still-rocks-over-clemson-alabama-and-whoever-else-you-name/#6823fcc57721

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had to look up too many of the references

Jul 26, 2019, 3:07 PM

for it to be relevant. I'm 46 years old, so should be in their demographic, but couldn't care less about the school for church of child molesting priests.

Re: Sorry, But Notre Dame Still Rocks Over Clemson, Alabama And

Jul 26, 2019, 3:13 PM

TLDR

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Lugubrious Liquored-up Lecherous Little Leprechaun Losers***

Jul 26, 2019, 3:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^^^Allin for alliteration***

Jul 26, 2019, 3:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Why are you calling him alliterate?

Jul 26, 2019, 3:54 PM

#internet bully

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 26, 2019, 3:20 PM

I'm sorry but has this team been relevant in the last decade? Both fairytale runs came to an abrupt halt when they had to play a real contender, 30-3 vs Clemson and 42-14 vs Alabama 44-28 vs OSU.

Sure they might be relevant against the no longer relevant such as USC and Michigan and you can sell the hype like they do LSU vs Alabama (lopsided for over a decade now) but they're not a modern super power or even close but based off of money they're relevant because at the expense of their football players options for bowl games and post seasons they sold out for a contract of money making them seemingly "relevant" although they were only in 1 of the top 15 most watched games this year and that was a beat down by Clemson during the most popular day of the year exempting the national championship for CFB being the new years 6...

Jul 26, 2019, 3:37 PM

It's all BS. They haven't won a Natty since 1988.

Wow I can’t imagine it being that long. Makes me wonder how Georgia feelz***

Jul 26, 2019, 3:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for that para-sente-graph...***

Jul 26, 2019, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Sorry, But Notre Dame Still Rocks Over Clemson, Alabama And ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watching them warm up was cool,

Jul 26, 2019, 3:35 PM

But I kept wondering why they played their 3rd string the entire football game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 3:38 PM

I wrote a post here the other day about how teams like USC(Trojans) and Nebraska and Notre Dame used to always enjoy great recruiting year-after-year because the handful of college games on TV often included one of them. And how cable and sports channels with lots of games evened the playing field in recruiting. Yeah, well this guy who wrote this article is still living way back in the past when everyone had to watch Notre Dame if they wanted to watch a college game. How many of the top 10 recruits have committed to ND or are visiting their campus this weekend? It's nice to tell yourself how great you are.

I don't think we should have any more cultural reverence for a

Jul 26, 2019, 3:53 PM

program who's won 1 title in the last 40 years, none in the last 30, and the vast majority of its success predates color television...

It ain't the 1940s anymore so no one should give a #### about ND.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t care. Clemson is a better program now.

Jul 26, 2019, 3:59 PM

Better in every way except history and we can’t control that.

null

Jul 26, 2019, 3:59 PM

FWIW: I can still see Rocket Ismael flying down the field for a TD against Michigan. Good times.

Brian Kelly begs to differ....***

Jul 26, 2019, 4:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Brian Kelly begs to differ....***

Jul 26, 2019, 4:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 26, 2019, 5:07 PM

Remember Army's Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside?

How about Fordham's Seven Blocks of Granite?

Yeah, I don't remember them either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm waiting on Francis Marion to chime in

Jul 26, 2019, 5:21 PM

b4 I decide. :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jul 26, 2019, 5:42 PM

Maybe not but I see a lot of people on this board talk about the atmosphere of the 2015 game here and it seems to be a pretty big deal to have them as an OOC opponent occasionally over the next 10-15 years for many as well as strength of schedule potential. This writer is definitely being a blue blood snob but I don’t think it means Clemson fans have to be also.

Sure. IF you're a 50-year-old Catholic Midwestern Yankee.

Jul 26, 2019, 5:49 PM

Otherwise, everyone HATES ND and the big crowds are just to see the other team whip those arrogant Leprechauns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame is an excellent school with a......

Jul 27, 2019, 7:14 AM

..beautiful campus and a legendary football program. The Irish were so good for so long lots of people really do hate them. If Clemson can be as good, the country will be delighted to hate us as much as they hate Notre Dame.

In the meantime, I'm delighted the Irish are on our schedule from time to time, both home and away. I'd like to get a few more similarly famous schools on our schedule and play them regularly too.

I'd love to see a home and home with Texas. Austin is a great little city that would be a wonderful away game venue. I would like to see the Long Horns in Death Valley.

Southern California is a long way from Clemson, but I want to get the Trojans on our schedule home and away. Southern Cal is of course a legendary football program with 7 Nattys in my life and 6 Heisman Trophy winners.

Those are my top two national opponents whom I'd like to see come to Death Valley. Down a rung, I'd love a couple of game with Nebraska, Michigan, and Penn State. I'd much rather add games with those 5 teams than to keep playing the same old SEC teams we've always played. Realistically, it'll take at least 25 years to get games with those five teams, but I'd love it if Dabo made that a priority for Clemson football and his career.

I never understand my fellow Tigers who bash those great old programs of legend claiming they are no longer relevant and yet want to play Georgia (1 title in forever who are only a legend in their own minds) or LSU (7 straight losses to Alabama and 10 (!) losing seasons just since we won our 1981
Natty).

When we play great teams from all over the country, the Clemson brand gets bigger, better and more widespread than continuing to play deep south teams with a higher opinion of themselves than their records can justify.

Go Tigers!!

#1 but not #1 but actually #7

Jul 26, 2019, 5:53 PM

It's Notre Dame.

It's always Notre Dame, the seventh-most valuable program in college football entering last season with $112 million in revenue and $72 million in profit.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2019, 9:07 PM

Only like maybe nostalgia wise.... They haven't really been great for a long time ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Who?***

Jul 26, 2019, 9:50 PM

Jul 27, 2019, 8:39 AM

Well I guess if your goal is to have the most non grad fans vs actually having the best team, they win that unimportant race.

Unfortunately he's right

Jul 27, 2019, 8:52 AM

They're the most polarizing team in CFB by a mile. I spent way too much $ on that game (before the hurricane hit and ticket prices dropped) and planning on taking my son next year. They suck and I want to see us beat them in person.

Jul 27, 2019, 9:41 AM

If you measure it by revenue maybe I would agree..maybe. Notre Dame on the field is a has-been and haven't been relevant in a while...a long while. I still like to play them from time to time just so we can beat their pompous arrogant @sses

Jul 27, 2019, 9:48 AM

Notre Dame is the NY Knicks of college football.

Wat?

Jul 27, 2019, 2:25 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic