Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Low Ticket Sales for USuC vs UNCheat (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,203

Low Ticket Sales for USuC vs UNCheat (link)

Sep 1, 2015, 2:15 PM

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2015/08/gamecocks-tar-heels-kickoff-game-plenty-of-seats.html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2015-08-31&u=mn2D2ozcCYmlqOFf1qNDlcybJuk&t=1441048374

Gamecocks-Tar Heels kickoff game: Plenty of seats available

Local tourism executives remain gung-ho about hosting college football kickoff games, but it looks like fans are still warming up to the idea. The attendance forecast for the North Carolina versus South Carolina opener Thursday uptown calls for 50,000 people at the 74,000-seat NFL stadium.

Tom Murray, CEO of the Charlotte Regional Visitors Authority, told a group of industry executives during a meeting Monday that he and others in tourism are hoping for a “lot of last-minute sales.” He went on to say a lot of people are frustrated that only upper-level tickets remain, prompting many fans to either search the secondary market or watch on ESPN. Murray estimated attendance in the range of 50,000-plus for the game.

“We originally thought it would be a sellout,” he said. “I’m not sure that it will be.”

If those estimates hold up, about one-third of the stadium seating would be empty.

All lower-level seats were sold as of last week, according to the Charlotte Sports Foundation. Bank of America Stadium is evenly divided between upper- and lower-level seats, when club seats and suites are included. There are 22,000 seats in the lower seating bowl, 11,000 club seats and 2,700 seats in the suites and four private clubs. On the upper level, capacity is 37,000.
Atlanta, Dallas and Houston are among the cities that have recruited annual, high-profile college games over Labor Day weekend, bringing in tens of thousands of fans who stay for several days and spend money on hotel rooms, restaurant meals and shopping. Hotel operators and others in tourism like the games because they bring in visitors during what is normally a slow weekend.

Will Webb, head of the Charlotte Sports Foundation, wants to make Charlotte part of a similar rotation for major schools as Atlanta and Dallas. In 2018, West Virginia of the Big 12 will face Tennessee of the SEC at BofA Stadium. Webb and the foundation hope to announce more kickoff games soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Hoping for a lot of last minute sales to get to 50,000 ?

Sep 1, 2015, 2:22 PM

LOL. USuC is the home team,Charlotte isn't that far away from Cootville .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Low Ticket Sales for USuC vs UNCheat (link)

Sep 1, 2015, 2:29 PM

The cheapest seats available are $90, and the most expensive are about $225, I believe. For a matchup between two mediocre teams, I'm surprised they've sold as many tickets as they have. I don't know why any resident of Charlotte who is not a fan of either team would not rather sit at home and watch it on tv.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, somebody is crazy to think people will to pay

Sep 1, 2015, 2:35 PM

$90 apiece to sit up there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2015, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Low Ticket Sales for USuC vs UNCheat (link) ]

Looks like they're $70 some odd on stubhub. That's high for unranked college football and way, way too much for those teams in particular.

Sep 1, 2015, 2:33 PM

Nobody wants to go see that crap

Look for camera shots of lower level only on ESecPN

Sep 1, 2015, 2:41 PM

Must be a wine and cheese shortage in Charlotte keeping the Tar Hole fans away. As for the Coots, anybody think they're excited about this season? The sane ones, anyway. Both of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Cold Gin DAWG

Sep 1, 2015, 2:46 PM

said USuC didn't sell all of their tickets for the UGA game. Seems like some of the fanbase knows more than those in the FGF Henhouse .

Now THAT is surprising.

Sep 1, 2015, 2:48 PM

Must be an avalanche off of the bandwagon.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

UNC fans have trouble with $50.00 ticket prices--

Sep 1, 2015, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Cold Gin DAWG ]

Let's see, that's a twenty, and a ten, no wait, 2 fives, some ones, how much is a $10.00 roll of quarters worth ?, another five, shoot wait...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$240 for lower level ticket.... I'd watch it on TV***

Sep 1, 2015, 3:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Chickens know what coming!!!!!!! A major beat down.....

Sep 1, 2015, 3:33 PM

Why would they want to watch it in person? At home they can turn the TV off, and start the "wait until next year" chant........ ;)

the self-proclaimed "best fans" in CFB indeed***

Sep 1, 2015, 5:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to be fair, UNC fans wouldn't show up if they

Sep 1, 2015, 6:18 PM

Lived in the press box

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,203
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic