Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love Dabo but Disappointed!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Love Dabo but Disappointed!

May 27, 2015, 9:48 PM

We lead by example! If we teach "ALL IN" we need to live "ALL IN"! It's the 27th and He cancelled on a June 2 appointment that is not good character or "ALL IN" love Dabo and will continue to a Clemson fan but this decision no matter who it was made by was wrong and DABO should have stood faithful "ALL IN" style and stuck with his commitment! Our nation needs prayer! This is a sin it's not a decision! God already decided that and the BIBLE declares it CLEARLY! I love everyone but right is right & wrong is wrong and I choose right and stand under the protection and care of GOD and HIS word and I am "ALL IN" not backing down!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love Dabo but Disappointed!

May 27, 2015, 9:54 PM

Oh brother . This horse can't get up again . I know you care , but just add it to one of the other 37 OP's about this since last week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 27, 2015, 10:08 PM

LOL

May 28, 2015, 9:45 AM

"Discretion is the better part of valor" Leadership is more about managing outcomes and choosing your battles. This isn't about him standing up for his beliefs rather his choice not to engage in a political ambush by an idiot....yes, that would be Todd Rutherford. If we ever have rioting and looting in Columbia, I fully expect he will be "egging" it own, he loves to stir SH!T.

May 27, 2015, 9:56 PM

Shoot yourself

May 27, 2015, 10:07 PM

I am with you on that one. Really disappointed, and surprised Dabo bailed.

May 27, 2015, 10:08 PM

he did let himself get bullied. i hate it when people dance for a mob.

this reminds me of how Clemson's president danced for the mob that thought gangster rap theme party at an off campus location was racist and wanted the frat punished for it. that didn't seem racist at all. basically if you make fun of people wearing baggy jeans you are a racist now.

May 27, 2015, 10:25 PM

Tanner dances for spurrier. Wonder if theyre closet dwellers

he didn't get bullied

May 27, 2015, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Love Dabo but Disappointed! ]

Just the opposite. He wasn't waiting for a chance to weigh in on this group's issue and didn't take the bait to get pulled into it. He declined becoming their pawn.

Re: he didn't get bullied

May 27, 2015, 11:02 PM

Ned they didn't just wear baggy jeans , they put on black-face and called it " a cripmas party " . Remember , these were middle class to upper crust white frat boys .
Saying that isn't just a little racist , or at the very least a lot offensive sort of safeguards you in the exact category I sort of already had you penciled into.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Hey, at least they didn't throw any of

May 27, 2015, 11:11 PM

their brothers in a lake after the party and leave him for dead. That is a positive to take from the Cripmas Party.

May 27, 2015, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: he didn't get bullied ]

do you have link to the blackface? I had not heard that.

Cripmas alone isn't racist in my view. that was a name of a gang. the bloods and crips. you making fun of gangsta rappers like Tupacs it makes sense. Saturday Night Live could make that joke.

That's the thing about jokes

May 27, 2015, 11:44 PM

I don't understand why folks seem to not be able to grasp the concept that humor is often driven by location and context. Of course SNL could put together a joke and concept along the same lines and find the humor in the absurdity of it, and that same style joke in a different context and location would appear to be racist.

And no, I don't think the party was racist. It was stupid and intentionally aimed at offense. It made the people involved look the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 29, 2015, 11:42 AM [ in reply to he didn't get bullied ]

He absolutely was going and the media and Todd Ruthford have told lies about the PFC and Dabo bowed out ( I still support Dabo I am sure it was a hard choice) This group supports Biblical principle's and Positive family values. You may not agree with them but it is a dangerous path that this country is on when we allow these people with an Agenda to portray mainstream idea as hateful or hurtful! They are the ones hurting our world in my opinion!

Dabo is disappointed in you, too.***

May 27, 2015, 10:35 PM

I don't agree...

May 27, 2015, 10:43 PM

All of this should be a non-issue. This is nothing more than a mountain made from a mole hill...

Really surprised in his decision.***

May 27, 2015, 11:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2015, 11:59 PM

What is really funny is that yall think that if heaven exists, that most of you will get in.

What's maybe funnier is if we are right and you are wrong

May 28, 2015, 12:54 AM

What your thoughts will be when that time comes. If you are right and we are wrong then it doesn't really matter cause we will be in the same place together all that will have happened is we have tried to live with good morals (I know there are hypocrites, there are in everything)

May 28, 2015, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Love Dabo but Disappointed! ]

What is really funny is that you think you are actually fooling anyone....

You are not chicken boy.

null

May 28, 2015, 12:05 AM

I agree. I was shocked and dissapointed he didn't keep his commitment.

If it is so clear, then why are so many churches splitting

May 28, 2015, 12:32 AM

over this issue?

I know on a personal level dozens of ordained clergy that are in favor of same-sex marriage.

Dabo did the right thing by not dragging Clemson U into this controversy.

BTW - The Bible condones slavery in both the OT and NT. There is not ONE verse that condemns slavery. The Bible CLEARLY supports slavery.

Re: If it is so clear, then why are so many churches splitting

May 28, 2015, 12:36 AM

Ummm, no the Bible does not support slavery. The only mention of acceptable slavery in the Bible was bondservants, which really was not slavery at all. It was a form of paying off a debt.

Pragmatic decision. Best for Dabo and Clemson.***

May 28, 2015, 12:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a definite like from me. bring up God and Jeses...

May 28, 2015, 12:42 AM

and you will always get a like from CO81. did dabo do the right thing? I don't know. ~

jesus ~ ***.

May 28, 2015, 12:45 AM

63-17

May 28, 2015, 12:47 AM

Didn't know it was that big of a deal...

Have you never taken a path...

May 28, 2015, 4:25 AM

only to have The Lord tell you that you're going the wrong way? Have you never made a decision then heard the Voice of The Almighty when he said that wasn't what he wanted you to do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you never taken a path...

May 28, 2015, 5:37 AM

Voices in my head usually just tell me what kind of coffee to buy ...and by lunchtime I'm all better .

DB23

Yeah..

May 28, 2015, 5:39 AM [ in reply to Have you never taken a path... ]

When I clicked on your post..

Message was edited by: clemsonboy6754®

Yesterday I made a u- turn, but the voice was my GPS

May 28, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Have you never taken a path... ]

Not sure if it is the same but thought I would share.

Re: Have you never taken a path...

May 29, 2015, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Have you never taken a path... ]

yeah, that time at band camp.

May 28, 2015, 9:48 AM

I'm a Christian, but the holier than thou act is crap and makes Christians look bad.

We're all sinners plain and simple. I try to live my life the best that I can, but the Lord knows that I make many mistakes on a daily basis. And anyone that says otherwise is full of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

The Bible's message is the same yesterday, today and

May 28, 2015, 10:13 AM

tomorrow. Not sure what holier than thou act you are speaking of but you can't pick and choose what parts of the Bible you want to believe. If God calls it a sin, it is a sin regardless of what men says.

Re: The Bible's message is the same yesterday, today and

May 28, 2015, 10:20 AM

Where did I say the Bible's message isn't the same? or that a sin isn't a sin?

Oh that's right....I didn't

I'm referring to the OP that is acting like he ALWAYS makes the right choice, which is BS.

HTH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Dabo didn't realize that simply accepting an award

May 28, 2015, 10:26 AM

was going to cause such a political hailstorm. He's still conservative and still has his beliefs, but why should he put himself out there for an organization that is using him for publicity. I happen to agree with Dabo's beliefs on this matter. It doesn't mean I have to be involved with all of these organizations.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

May 29, 2015, 11:33 AM

Dabo was in a no win situation. I wish he would have stood up to these people as well but I will not just throw him under the bus. Rest assured there is a problem in our world but it is not Dabo Swinney!

AMEN!***

May 29, 2015, 12:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

How about this for reasoning?

May 29, 2015, 12:21 PM

Dabo's beliefs are his own, firmly held and fiercely defended.

Dabo's position as the head football coach at Clemson makes him a lightning rod for those who wish ill on our school and our program.

Dabo, smart enough to see the storm brewing and wise enough not to test the lightning, resolved the situation before damage to the program we all hold dear cuold take place.

It doesn't change the man, not his beliefs. In fact, I can't recall him saying what his beliefs are on the subject ... for exactly that reason. Declining to accept does not make him less of a man, or a Christian. Paul would do the same thing, becoming all things to all men that by those means some may be saved.

I applaud his decision to remove himself ... and, by extension, the program ... from this Kobayashi Maru of a situation before the first Klingon ship could uncloak.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This ^^^^^^^***

May 29, 2015, 1:57 PM

May 29, 2015, 1:38 PM

So if you believe in the Bible and it clearly states it is a sin then dont YOU sin and engage in that kind of activity. There is a whole world that doesn't believe in the Bible or believes the Bibile is a collection of parables and not a book of laws and rules and choose to live THEIR lives differently. So let THEM live THEIR lives and stop trying to live it for THEM.

May 29, 2015, 2:11 PM

that would just be too logical. it is easier for most to fornicate away, ignoring the bible when it suits them, but using it to justify their own insecurities/hatefulness.

your method is less fun i suppose.

May 29, 2015, 2:18 PM

You are a pathetic Chicken fan pretending to be a Clemson fan.

You are fooling no one.

null

May 29, 2015, 3:49 PM

You knowwhat I love about this site is that if someone disagrees with the popular thought they are labeled a Coot. Maybe real Clemson fans see things for what they are. You dnt have to drink the Orange Kool-Aid to be a Clemson Fan. Class of 1969.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic