Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Losing doesn't become Saban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,698

Losing doesn't become Saban

Dec 1, 2019, 9:45 AM

Nick Saban really needs to work on his sportsmanship when he is not winning. First he whined about putting 1 second back on the clock that Auburn used to kick a field goal. The play looked like it would have ended the half to me but they are not judging that when it goes to replay. The referee will raise his hand to signal for the clock operator to stop the clock. At that point the play is over regardless of how it looks, and that would have been what they went by on replay so it would be pretty definitive.

As part of the whining, he said that it takes 3 seconds to clock the ball. Maybe so but since it went to replay they didn't have to. All they have to do is snap the ball. The play does not have to be completed. It just has to start.

After the game, the whining continued. Auburn lined up for a really "unfair play" by sending the punter in at wide receiver. Alabama lined up with 12 men and received a penalty. He said the referees should have allowed them more time to get the returner off the field. The problem was nobody was trying to get off of the field. They were lined up for the play to start with 12 men which is a penalty by rule at that point. I guess next he will be arguing that his defense should be told the snap count so that they are not unfairly drawn off with a hard count.

I think Saban is a very good coach, but if he can't get back atop the SEC, then he might want to consider retirement. Losing gracefully is beyond him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember when he was so concerned about the speed of the

Dec 1, 2019, 9:50 AM

spread game injuring youngsters that he adopted it himself. Fraud.

Neither does winning.***

Dec 1, 2019, 9:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither does winning....

Dec 1, 2019, 9:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mis-spelled "whining"

Dec 1, 2019, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Neither does winning.*** ]

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Losing doesn't become Saban

Dec 1, 2019, 9:52 AM

I thought he was going to have a stroke.

Dec 1, 2019, 9:55 AM

I really don't think losing becomes any of us. Just think about it, how would you have felt if we would have lost to the coots yesterday....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 10:01 AM

Not only about losing. It's how we handle it. Everyone experiences losing. Just don't be hypocritical. ie. SABAN

Dec 1, 2019, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Losing doesn't become Saban ]

I agree to a point. The fun is in the winning and if you are not upset by a loss then you will likely soon become a loser on a regular basis. Still, one can vent their aggravation in private and with other members of the team, rather in a national interview. A few years back, Dabo visited Syracuse in their locker room to congratulate them. I am sure that in private he showed displeasure about a number of things, but in the public forum he showed ultimate class.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,698
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic