Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like the students are showing up for basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Looks like the students are showing up for basketball

Dec 1, 2016, 12:06 AM

Season ticket holders in the lower bowl still nowhere to be found.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like the students are showing up for basketball

Dec 1, 2016, 12:10 AM

Yep students showed up. Non-students decided to stay home.

It really was a pretty good crowd...

Dec 1, 2016, 12:16 AM

A lot more than this time the last few years. It was a Wednesday night at 9pm during football season. Also got pretty loud a few times

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

loved putting the students courtside instead of the end lines

Dec 1, 2016, 5:16 AM

For that reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Between weather, church, and the start time

Dec 1, 2016, 8:05 AM

it was a good turn out. We had churches and businesses close due to tornadoes here in Spartanburg. I still made it, but I can't fault anyone who didn't. Almost no parent in bringing 12 and under kids to a 9 pm game, especially if you don't live in the Clemson area. And the club section always looks empty because people are up enjoying the lounge area they paid for.

Re: Between weather, church, and the start time

Dec 1, 2016, 11:39 AM

Why not watch the game in your excellent seats and enjoy the lounge you paid for before the game, at halftime, and then after the game? Surely you didn't buy season tickets for a basketball team just to get into the lounge. There are much less expensive places to hang out that are just as nice but don't have basketball.

It's not really for me to tell people

Dec 4, 2016, 8:53 PM

how to enjoy the game. I don't sit in that area, but you can still see the game from in the lounge area. I'm sure as the intensity of the games pick up during ACC play, people will be more engaged. It's tough at a football school. It's not just that people follow basketball. People that gave all of Saturday up for the 56-7 drubbing, and then followed it up with Orlando hardly have a third day to give during the week. I'm not trying to make excuses as much as I'm saying don't judge this basketball season's attendance while football is still active. And Clemson is hardly alone in this, even Roy Williams is begging for a better atmosphere.

Seemed like a good crowd for the late start time.

Dec 1, 2016, 8:41 AM

It wasn't over until 11:15. Hard to criticize anyone who doesn't live in or near Clemson for not making the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic