Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like CJ Davidson is our #2 RB. Do you trust him?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Looks like CJ Davidson is our #2 RB. Do you trust him?

Aug 18, 2015, 8:46 AM

Clearly Gallman is the #1 guy, but all signs point to Davidson as being that 2nd guy to get touches. CJ is a senior and is actually the most gifted RB we have (it's just that Gallman is the most complete and never fumbles), but I still don't trust him in big spots. Last year he had a game costing fumble in the FSU game and also had a walk in TD on pitch on 4th down, but he couldn't catch it cleanly, which costed us points. I don't mind Davidson handling the ball 90% of the time, but in those key spots where we have to have it (ie. 4th down, late in games, pinned back deep inside our own territory, etc.) I personally don't want him in the game. Good players with a knack for making critical mistakes at the absolute worst time are said to be players who are "just good enough to get you beat". Until proven otherwise, I think he falls under that category.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im not selling my football tickets.

Aug 18, 2015, 8:51 AM

So..yes? I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Honestly, no i dont. Gallman and Brooks dont cough the ball up***

Aug 18, 2015, 8:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Brooks won't even see the field***

Aug 18, 2015, 1:48 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he didn't go blind, he tore his ACL***

Aug 19, 2015, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

i guess it depends on your definition of "most gifted" b/c..

Aug 18, 2015, 8:56 AM

I don't see it.

i've heard/read for 2-3 years about his blazing track speed, but haven't seen any long break away TD runs like we would see from cj......or even jacoby.

I'm sure he's fast but his "track speed" doesn't translate to the football field like CJ or jacoby's did.

I think he's #2 RB right now by default b/c of unfortunate injuries to brooks and dye

is he a "decent" RB?......yeah he's somewhat serviceable, but gallman/brooks/dye are ahead from a "gifted RB" standpoint.

hopefully he doesn't have the same issues this year

Very positive post for a Tuesday morning

Aug 18, 2015, 8:57 AM

You seem to be just brimming with confidence about the upcoming season!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the coaches trust him, I trust him.***

Aug 18, 2015, 9:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I think its gonna be Gallman

Aug 18, 2015, 9:02 AM

Fuller & Dye when the dust settles.

From all reports Fuller is flat out killing it

Dye is supposedly back to his form and should be what we expected him to be when he committed

I think Davidson is capable, if he can hold onto the rock, but ultimately think he gets lost in the mix

We are loaded at RB this year. Think a lot of people will be surprised

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

If the coaches think so yes I do

Aug 18, 2015, 9:02 AM

Does that mean he will never make a mistake, no. I think that is too much to ask, but with the numbers and talent we have at the position the coaches don't have to just stick someone there.

he might start there, but he won't finish there. More talent

Aug 18, 2015, 9:03 AM

will pass him like Gallman did last yr

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's early. The running back rotation won't be set until

Aug 18, 2015, 9:05 AM

Notre Dame at the earliest. Louisville is the first real defense we will face and we'll need to see who does what against them before the pecking order starts to gets sorted out. I expect Dye to move back up the depth chart once the real hitting starts. He's fumbled some and they are trying to motivate him with his low position on the preseason depth chart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's early. The running back rotation won't be set until

Aug 19, 2015, 6:10 AM

> Notre Dame at the earliest. Louisville is the first
> real defense we will face and we'll need to see who
> does what against them before the pecking order
> starts to gets sorted out. I expect Dye to move
> back up the depth chart once the real hitting starts.
> He's fumbled some and they are trying to motivate
> e him with his low position on the preseason depth
> chart.

Not really, sorry. He just hasn't been that good according to them in the know.

Watched Dye in the Spring Game and was pretty "meh"...whereas I was very impressed with Gallman, Davidson, and Fuller...and completely, utterly unimpressed with Brooks. Dye wasn't terrible, but he didn't have nearly the pop and explosiveness through the hole the first three displayed.

Those top three are pretty durn good, IMHO. Davidson's got 4-star physical tools, he was just a project guy who had never played much football. But he's physically very close to being as explosive as Andre Ellington and he's probably harder to tackle. Davidson, surprisingly, can truck you. Gallman is emerging as a real good player and Fuller is a faster version of Reggie Merriweather.

I can live with that. Hopefully Davidson has gotten enough experience and hard knocks he's more secure with the ball but I really like his ceiling.

If there's a wild card in the bunch, it's probably Choice...though if Choice isn't healthy, redshirting him is still potentially in the cards.

I think that it's by default bc of injuries and

Aug 18, 2015, 9:06 AM

experience. I expect to see Dye or Fuller get more carries as the season progresses. This is also assuming Choice RS's this year.. People seem to forget, but before Choice tore his ACL he was really starting to come into his own as a true freshman and was getting a lot of carries. From a talent standpoint, I think Choice, Dye and Fuller are more talented, and more well rounded RB's than Davidson.

Dabo said the later part of spring practice

Aug 18, 2015, 9:10 AM

he's looked very good. He was injured earlier in spring. He's certainly fast.

I don't see him every day as the coaches do. As others have said it's their call. I don't make the decisions. So it doesn't matter whether I trust him or not.

Since I have no control I choose not to worry about it. I'm also a half full instead of a half empty. I'm not throwing him under the bus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why wouldn't you trust him?***

Aug 18, 2015, 9:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't think 1 crucial fumble is a large enough sample size

Aug 18, 2015, 9:19 AM

to label him a choker.

That's my point. It's ridiculous to suggest that

Aug 18, 2015, 9:27 AM

Davidson can't be trusted or imply that he's fumble prone when that simply is not the case.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Looks like CJ Davidson is our #2 RB. Do you trust him?

Aug 18, 2015, 9:33 AM

Fans trusting CJ has nothing to do with the situation. THE coaches trust him and that is enough for me! Can you do what he has done, who among us has not experienced failure? Did those around you trust you afterwards?

One untimely fumble does not a fumble-prone RB make***

Aug 18, 2015, 9:36 AM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 18, 2015, 9:40 AM

I have to say I really liked CJ Davidson from the first time I saw him run the ball a couple of years ago. However, like many of us, I found it very distressing when he turned the ball over, especially against Florida State. Having said that, I am all for second chances and as long as he hangs on to the ball I think he can do some great things his senior year. Go Tigers

Every RB, at some point, will fumble the ball. Considering

Aug 18, 2015, 10:44 AM

how defenders go after the ball so much now, I'm surprised there aren't more fumbles. I would expect the coaches see a lot more in practice that determines who they can trust, than just going by who fumbled once or twice during games. And I would think holding onto the ball is a very coachable skill. Much more so than speed or quickness.

Aug 18, 2015, 1:26 PM

Didn't he score the long go ahead TD in Boston last year. Can't blame him to much when Eddie Goldman had his 5 star paw going all out for the strip.

Aug 18, 2015, 1:59 PM

I trust the coaches... their job performance is on the line if he fumbles again in a big game... so if they are confident in him, then I will watch and see.

I'm not worried

Aug 18, 2015, 2:11 PM

Davidson was pulled last year for ball security so with even more RB depth I have no doubts that coaches will pull him again. If he hasn't fixed that, it's his own dang fault. If he has he's one of fastest if not the fastest we have. Coaches say he's even faster this spring and summer.

Aug 19, 2015, 12:18 PM

I fully believe that CJ has learned a big lesson from his last year's FSU game-costing blunders, has worked to eliminate them, and will be a significant game-winning force this year!!!! He deserves to have the chance to redeem himself!!!!

Dye and Davidson will probably share #2 with all RB 's

Aug 19, 2015, 1:31 PM

getting carries in several games!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic