Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
“Looking for answers on slow starts”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

“Looking for answers on slow starts”

Oct 15, 2018, 7:09 PM

Probably would help if we tried throwing forward and not the sidelines for the first few drives.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “Looking for answers on slow starts”

Oct 15, 2018, 7:10 PM

It's almost too obvious. You are correct of course. It's almost like the days of the Chad---pass happy and too quick to abandon the run when it was working.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Oct 15, 2018, 7:14 PM

It’s of course me on the outside looking in but even fans of other teammates have commented if I was “tired of always seeing screens with such a talented QB” and my answer is yes. I do think we have receivers talented enough to move with screens but our receivers are too talented not to let them go out for a 1 on 1 constantly also.

Oct 15, 2018, 7:16 PM

Our best receiver only has 350 (more or less) receiving yards so far.....so your intuition is correct.

We aren't using our weapons as much as we should.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Pass Protection Has To Be Right!

Oct 15, 2018, 7:25 PM

Because it takes longer for the play to develop does anyone think they are protecting the OL a bit? The WR screens and quick passing game is what you do when you don't trust your OL to hold up under pressure. It kind of slows down the pass rush!
I dislike the #of WR/bubble screens. But, the play itself, works if you block it well! And it gets the safety out of the box!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2018, 7:31 PM

The WR screen works good if the box is loaded. Watch our first offensive play vs A&M. We had 5 lineman on 5 in the box for A&M. The other linebacker was lined up with renfrow before he came in motion. We shouldve just snapped it as it was. When we have 5 on 5 in the box we should win. You even have a lineman to release up on the linebacker which can be a mismatch if it's a john simpson who is quick.... Instead we bring renfrow in motion and throw a screen that wouldn't have done much if amari didn't have to fall to catch it.

Oct 15, 2018, 9:46 PM

The best bet to get off to a strong start is give it to ETN 3 times in a row! He'll definitely nice the chains and he'll probably bust a big one just on adrenaline alone. I don't think NC State can stop him e times in a row , even if they know it's coming!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic