Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking back at the decade, boy what a ride it's been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 527

Looking back at the decade, boy what a ride it's been

Dec 31, 2019, 2:38 PM

When Dabo said this would be the greatest decade in Clemson football history after our loss to USF in the Car Care Bowl, we all thought he was crazy. Don't kid yourselves. He was right though. It's been a heck of a ride. Here's a look back at the standout moments to me over this past 10 years:

Top 5 Greatest Moments
1. Winning it all in 2016. Truly a game for the ages. There was just nothing sweeter than coming back to beat an ELITE Bama defensive squad with :01 left on the clock; avenging the previous years' loss.
2. Winning it all in 2018 and embarrassing Alabama on the big stage.
3. Game-winning drive to beat LSU. This is pretty widely accepted as our "breakthrough moment" where we elevated ourselves to a top-tier program.
4. Winning the ACC against VT in 2011. Claiming our first conference title in 20 years. The first time in my life I had seen Clemson win a championship.
5. Beating ND in the rain. We all remember it. Not a lot of points but plenty of hits and a massive goal-line stand to seal the win. BYOG game.
What are some of your top moments?

Top 5 Forgettable Moments
1. Giving up 70 to WV. It led to Steele getting axed and replaced by Venables but still, just ugly.
2. Any of the losses to UofSC
3. Getting blown out at home against FSU in 2013. What in the world happened here? We were ranked #3. Gameday in town. Night game in the Valley. Noles came in and spanked us.
4. 2017 Syracuse game. UGLY UGLY UGLY. Whole team looked like they didn't care. Too many coaches and players looking forward to the bye week that followed.
5. The 2010 season. Showed a ton of heart but found a way to lose that Auburn game in OT. After that, it was all down hill ending in a thud at 6-7.
What are some of your forgettable moments?

But here we are, heading into our 4th title game in 5 years. It's truly an amazing time to be a Tiger. Enjoy every second of this. CU in the Big Easy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 527
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic