Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Overheard this on the production floor this morning,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Overheard this on the production floor this morning,

Nov 6, 2020, 11:29 AM

"It's amazing that American Idol can count 30 million votes in one tv commercial, why is it taking us this long to come it with a final tally. Are these the same people counting Covid cases."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Overheard this on the production floor this morning,

Nov 6, 2020, 11:35 AM

If the same people counting COVID cases were counting votes then instead of a few thousand extra voters in a few states, we would be exceeding the populations of states by hundreds of thousands of votes.

Part of the "new normal" is treating a plus sign like a multiplication sign when counting COVID cases.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 11:42 AM

Books have been written about the corruption in game shows, Don’t compare tv shows with game shows,!,

Nov 6, 2020, 11:43 AM

And politics,,!

Nov 6, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Overheard this on the production floor this morning, ]

Game shows and carnival games make all other deceit seem insignificant!

Nov 6, 2020, 11:43 AM

LOL

The only real consequence for American Idol is the 2027 edition of trivial pursuit and which name is listed as "who won AI in 2020 and .... blah blah, blah. So who cares?

I would love to see the paper ballot of a reality tv show.

So your buddy is comfortable with only voting online or using an IVR?

Nov 6, 2020, 11:45 AM

I’m sure there would be no one shouting about corruption/gaming.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never said he was my buddy.***

Nov 6, 2020, 11:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good. He sounds unsavory.***

Nov 6, 2020, 11:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good. He sounds unsavory.***

Nov 6, 2020, 11:59 AM

It’s funny. Laugh. That’s why he posted it. Geez...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 12:12 PM

I thought it was pretty good too.

Nov 6, 2020, 12:36 PM

Tough crowd I guess...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 12:42 PM

Must be today. Antsy for tomorrow's game, I guess.

Why can't they count ballots?

Nov 6, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Good. He sounds unsavory.*** ]

Alaska, yeah, takes awhile for the vote by dog sled ballots to come in but other states like Florida didn't have a problem.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 12:42 PM

Absolutely!!! This is the First time in my 68 years of life that I can remember, that we didn't know who our president was by the next morning.

I'm not a Trump or a Biden man, and to be honest, I voted for one of the independents bc I just couldn't consciously vote for either Biden or Trump. But, it's now 3 days since the election, and they are still counting votes, and if I was Trump, or a Trump supporter, I couldn't trust the goings on that's happening in our country today with electing a president to lead our country, and I do believe there is something not clean going on in this Presidential Election!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 1:02 PM

Nothing wrong with taking their time to count legal votes and do it right. In Pennsylvania the Republicans refused the Democrat requests prior to the election to allow counting of mail in ballots ahead of election date. IMO I think they hoped it would sew doubt in the minds of republicans since they new they could not count all the mail in ballots that quickly. So on election day they had to focus on the polling places and did not get to start counting mail in until that count was done. There is nothing dubious going on here. All the ballots they are counting were received by 7pm on election day. Disenfranchising voters by not counting their legal ballot is not the way to win an election.

Nov 6, 2020, 1:38 PM

It was not the Republican candidates stopping early counting it was against the PA law to count early and extend the reception date for ballots as legislated. They were just saying the local officials had to abide by the law. Same with going to court over poll watchers. 100 ft away is not allowing observation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 2:46 PM

It sure would be nice that if all states had to go by same rules for voting for the president of the United States. I mean we are voting for the president that leads all 52 states of our country, and he is the commander and chief over our entire military!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would but constitution says each state chooses its own way

Nov 6, 2020, 7:57 PM

Integrity would be good too but politicians by their nature don't possess it.

Nov 6, 2020, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Overheard this on the production floor this morning, ]

You just forgot all about 2000?

Lol..and

Nov 6, 2020, 2:41 PM

People can vote up to 10 times on AI. Guess nothing ever changes

Nov 6, 2020, 7:07 PM

Thought this was funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic