Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lol! Ray Tanner just said he has MORE FAITH...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 4,891

Lol! Ray Tanner just said he has MORE FAITH...

Sep 25, 2019, 2:48 PM

In Muschump and his staff than he did on Day 1.

Bless his heart!

FOREVER TO MUSCHUMP!!!

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't fix stupid. ***

Sep 25, 2019, 2:49 PM

Re: You can't fix stupid. ***

Sep 25, 2019, 10:04 PM

You can fix a pitiful mistake like Will Muschamp ... fire him !!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The kiss of death from the AD??

Sep 25, 2019, 2:52 PM

??

T R U E ! ! ! ??***

Sep 25, 2019, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: The kiss of death from the AD??

Sep 25, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to The kiss of death from the AD?? ]

Ray...

https://images.app.goo.gl/cinU7YT149Gqq3Kk6

I like it!***

Sep 25, 2019, 3:40 PM [ in reply to The kiss of death from the AD?? ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Well, what would one expect him to say?

Sep 25, 2019, 3:03 PM

"This ship is sinking. Run for the lifeboats!"?

Of course he's going to double down on Muschamp. It's all he can do. To do anything else would be to concede that he made a terrible hire. Additionally it would augment the torrent of negativity that now threatens to wash away any hopes & dreams they might have had for their future (much like the way Tennessee fans reacted after the Florida game & as the losses piled up in '17).
Problem is, i have no doubt that Tanner actually believes what he's saying - i mean, he apparently thinks he has a real catch in WiLLL Muschamp!
But more than anything, i think it's just that he dreads another coaching search more than the dreads the recriminations of losing football.

Well, Ray Tanner should carefully consider that

Sep 25, 2019, 3:05 PM

star to which he's hooked his wagon, because I can tell you that Gamecock fans here in the Midlands are on the warpath, ready to run a whole lot of folks out of town on the rails.

I've been here nearly 50 years and have never seen a crowd so ready to riot like these folks...rightfully so IMO.

What Tanner et al should also be wary of is that General selected as their next President, for Generals are apt to slash and burn when missions aren't being accomplished. Hence, unless Muschamp can pull off a miracle and salvage this season (highly unlikely again IMO) that entire football staff along with the AD are in peril.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, Ray Tanner should carefully consider that

Sep 25, 2019, 3:12 PM

Tanner will retire before has to do another coaching search. I believe he will collect that enormous
paycheck from the contract he and his lawyer drew up for another year or two. He will retire and ride off into the sunset with both saddle bags full of gamecock money like so many before him has done. That is why they are like $170 million in the hole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Caslen is still riding on a thin base of support.

Sep 25, 2019, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Well, Ray Tanner should carefully consider that ]

Just because he's a general doesn't mean that everyone at the university is just going to defer to him & say "yes sir" & never question what he says or does. This ain't the military, it's academia; the title of "general" means nothing in this context. A university simply isn't run like the military. If Caslen were to initiate wholesale firings in the name if "cleaning house", the backlash would be immediate. I know much of the USC faculty are still angry about the way his selection as president played out. It's not like he could just fire anyone who protests or tries to interfere with what he wants to do. And that's to say nothing about megadonor Darla Moore & other influential persons who voiced objection as well.
Let's just say that Caslen is not operating from a position of political strength at the moment.

Re: Lol! Ray Tanner just said he has MORE FAITH...

Sep 25, 2019, 3:16 PM

That's odd because that is almost word for word what Terry Don told Dabo after the 2010 regular season came to an end. I swear I think they are trying to recreate exactly what Clemson has done. Just go back about 6 years and watch how they copy Clemson almost immediately after Clemson does something. Now for him to say that just reaffirms everything I have thought, they are actively trying to be Clemson. Go back to the Terry Don/Dabo discussion after the 2010 South Carolina game, it's almost scary how Tanner verbatim copied Terry Don.

He also mentioned shortly thereafter that...

Sep 25, 2019, 3:26 PM

“Coach Muschamp has the same amount of wins as Coach Spurrier did at the same time here and is only 4 or 5 wins behind that coach up the road during the same time in his career.”

Hmmmm. Interesting.

~JKB

That is a dangerous comparison to start making...

Sep 25, 2019, 4:00 PM

...especially since he knows what that "coach up the road" did immediately after that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference with the 'coach up the road' comparison is

Sep 25, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to He also mentioned shortly thereafter that... ]

These aren't the 'Will's' first four years of coaching. But...why let details get in the way!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 3:19 PM

I have all the faith in the world in Tanner and Muschamp.

Signed

Clemson
Kentucky
Texas A@M
The Citadel

Sep 25, 2019, 3:27 PM

For everything they say about Clemson they sure do copy us alot. TDP pretty much said the exact same thing to Dabo after the UofSC loss in 2010.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 25, 2019, 3:35 PM

The coots copy everything that successful programs do. Look at their logo.. Copied from Southern Cal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2019, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Lol! Ray Tanner just said he has MORE FAITH... ]

TDP expressed his continued support for Dabo one-on-one, in private. Far from the dreaded public "vote of confidence" that Muscoot just got from Tanner.

Sep 25, 2019, 3:39 PM

Hope he proves it by giving Muskcoot a lifetime contract......Go Tigers!!!!

Sep 25, 2019, 3:55 PM

I think Ray will retire after next season before he's fired and the new AD will chop Chump.

Sep 25, 2019, 4:00 PM

I will always remember what Forest Gump said: "stupid is as stupid does."

I say it's time for an extension..***

Sep 25, 2019, 4:03 PM

GO TIGERS!!

Translated, what Ray is saying is

Sep 25, 2019, 4:05 PM

We don't got no more money...so...roll with it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Translated, what Ray is saying is

Sep 25, 2019, 9:38 PM

exactly

Sep 25, 2019, 4:09 PM

LOL, that's the same thing TDP told Dabo after the 2010 season.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Sep 25, 2019, 5:50 PM

The difference is that TDP had faith in Dabo... but he wasn't stupid enough to give him a contract extension with a $22 million buyout...

Maffs says he is lying. 0+0 is still 0.

Sep 25, 2019, 5:04 PM

Unless he had negative faith when he hired him, that is possible.

More faith ... that Muschump will fail?

Sep 25, 2019, 6:15 PM

Tanner just didn't finish his sentence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 25, 2019, 6:32 PM

Normally I get sick and tired of U of S.C. posts but this made me laugh!

Sep 26, 2019, 5:22 AM

I was sick of them 6 years ago, they are a blast to talk about now and it seems they give us something new to laugh at every week.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2019, 10:01 PM

He is correct. Muschamp will bring USuC to greatness. Please give him a lifetime contract asap.

Sep 25, 2019, 10:58 PM

Amen, for once I agree with our feathered friend!

Sep 25, 2019, 10:58 PM

Amen, for once I agree with our feathered friend!

Replies: 33
| visibility 4,891
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic