Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe Biden will not be sworn in as the 46th President.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,515

Joe Biden will not be sworn in as the 46th President.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:37 PM

That honor will fall to Mike Pence in all likelihood, making Biden the 47th.

Following Trump's failed election coup attempts and the landslide electoral college vote up ahead, expect the pardon machine to crank up in earnest, including his family and himself. As he isn't man enough himself to sit through Biden's inauguration, and needing to ensure against the constitutionality of pardoning one's self, expect Trump to turn the reins over to Pence in the waning days, get his pardon re-confirmed by Pence (since Trump already issued one, it takes pressure off Pence in issuing his), and get a head start on moving to Florida.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's brilliant.***

Dec 2, 2020, 12:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: That's brilliant.***

Dec 2, 2020, 7:10 PM

From a media and Trumpers messaging standpoint, he can stage a prime time TV spectacle complete with a campaign rally exit speech, a handshake to the Republican President he's leaving behind (See? I didn't hand off the White House to a Dem), and him boarding Marine One for the last time; much patriotic waving, salutes, music, and adoration from the assembled crowd on the lawn to boot. If he waits until Inauguration Day it won't get near the limelight nor the size this could produce. And we know how obsessed he is about the size of things. And think of all the great B Roll footage this could produce for his next TV gig.

It's all too good to pass up, and it fits Trump's MO to a tee.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Biden will not be sworn in as the 46th President.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:47 PM

https://images.app.goo.gl/iEVtRd8YcNErKXGd6

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 12:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 1:05 PM

Maybe.

His biggest problems, though, would seem to be coming from SDNY and a Federal pardon won't help him. If he's money laundering off his properties and businesses like some suspect that could be Federal but you'd more likely, again, see SDNY prosecute that in regards to any properties involved in the state - you know, like Trump Tower, which is full of Russian oligarchs and Saudi oil sheiks and international arms dealers...and the state of Florida also could get a piece of their own because that's where his golf courses are.

And of course, a pardon won't pay off his almost $1-billion in personally guaranteed debts or the almost $100 million tax bill that looks like it's about to come due.

If he does try that dodge, though, it'd certainly be a glaring red flag there's way more he got up to than we know right now, because as far as we know, anyhow, is there really anything Federal that could land him in the pokey like state-level bank and tax fraud and potential money laundering assuredly could?

SDNY is federal, so I think a pardon would affect them***

Dec 2, 2020, 1:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: SDNY is federal, so I think a pardon would affect them***

Dec 2, 2020, 6:15 PM

My understanding is that Cy Vance's stuff was all state-level and that's where the real danger is.

Lock him up***

Dec 2, 2020, 2:46 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 4:23 PM

You might be right but if he did that it wouldn't pass muster with SCOTUS. A pardon is invalid if done for corrupt purposes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 5:17 PM

Has a presidential pardon ever been overturned? By any court? Some have certainly caused some public rancor, but I can't find an example of one being disallowed or reversed - ever. Admittedly I didn't look all that hard, but nothing jumps out anywhere.

Dec 2, 2020, 6:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,515
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic