Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Location . . . Location . . . Location
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,723

Location . . . Location . . . Location

Aug 28, 2020, 12:12 AM

This afternoon on the way home from Hemingway I caught most of Mark Packer's afternoon show on XM . . .

In one segment he gave the annual payments for of each of the Power 5 Conference's Headquarters . . . I'll list them from memory . . . They may not be exact, but they're close and you'll get the drift . . . The numbers came from each school's 2018 Tax Return . . . Here goes:

5) BIG 12 = $173,000 (Irving, TX)

4) ACC = $177,000 (Greensboro, NC)

3) SEC = $312,000 (Birmingham, AL)

2) B1G = $920,000 (Rosemont, IL)

1) PAC 12 = $8.09 MILLION (San Francisco, CA)

I'd have to be looking for a new LOCATION . . . LOCATION . . . LOCATION!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Location . . . Location . . . Location

Aug 28, 2020, 12:26 AM

What were you doing in Hemingway? I was born and grew up there a long time ago. I usually get back several times a year for class and family reunions, but COVID 19 screwed this year. Still have a lot of close friends in the area.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NH - I’ve retired from the Ag Supply Industry

Aug 28, 2020, 2:48 AM

but work as a Sales Assistant for 3 SC/NC Seed Reps for BASF. It keeps me busy and helps pay the bills.

Anyway, BASF had 208 bags of Demo CZ Soybeans in Lumberton, NC that could not be dumped at a local grain facility because they were treated with a fungicide.

The only way to dispose of treated seed is to plant them in wild game plots or burn them.

The Lumberton location could not do either. Blair Bently manages the old Hemingway Fertilizer Location. It’s now a Carolina Eastern Branch. Anyway, Blair said he would burn them as a favor to his Seed Advisor. I volunteered to rent a Penske Truck and get them to him.

That was the extent of my visit to your old stomping grounds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should've eaten at Scott's***

Aug 28, 2020, 6:37 AM

You are correct . . . I should have!!!

Aug 28, 2020, 2:03 PM

I'll need to be in the area a few more times this fall visiting with Shane Stuckey and Mr Herbert Brown III . . . maybe then!!!

Pac12 might want to consider Needles, CA instead of SF***

Aug 28, 2020, 12:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you noticed how every time you order a fishing lure on

Aug 28, 2020, 7:14 AM

line it has a " CA cancer warning"..................

I have indeed noticed that

Aug 28, 2020, 8:20 AM

The way i see it is you'll only get cancer if you go to California..either that or there just trying to say that California is a cancerous place...either way its a shame because that state holds so much natural beauty and the weather is almost always pleasant.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,723
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic