Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers swept by Duke, stretching losing streaks to seven games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers swept by Duke, stretching losing streaks to seven games

Apr 21, 2019, 5:05 PM

Tigers swept by Duke, stretching losing streaks to seven games

CLEMSON, S.C. - Matt Mervis' leadoff homer in the ninth inning lifted Duke to a 9-8 win over No. 16 Clemson at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Sunday afternoon. The B Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers swept by Duke, stretching losing streaks to seven games

Apr 21, 2019, 5:19 PM

Oh how our once great program has fell .
Duke was one game from the CWS last year and lost a lot of players but yet they are playing good ball this year at the right time.
Strange time it is that Dukes baseball program is in better shape than Clemson.

Apr 21, 2019, 5:38 PM

Try for eight in A row !
Go Tigers !

Apr 21, 2019, 6:01 PM

Will the streak hit 9 by Wednesday? I think it will. It gives the boys plenty more chances to strike out, which they are very good at.

Apr 21, 2019, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers swept by Duke, stretching losing streaks to seven games ]

Always proud to be a Tiger no matter the outcome. But 6 losses in a row show our program is broken, especially after our start. Looks like the seasons shot goven our pitching and play. Disappointing.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 5:21 PM

GEEZ!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 5:24 PM

Sure glad we have football. That's about all we have when it comes to winning teams (Unless, of course, you count moral victories!!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a child growing up, admiring Tiger athletes . . .

Apr 21, 2019, 6:51 PM

I was always amazed at the fight within them. They could be down, with time running out and they fought to the end, always.

Today heading into the bottom of the 6th(?), down 8-2 . . . on the bleak end of a 6 game losing streak . . . about to be swept for the second weekend in a row . . . Our Tigers gritted their teeth and fought back . . . tying the game, giving themselves a chance to steal a game from the jaws of defeat

True a squandered golden opportunity and a fantastic play by their left fielder sealed our fate . . . but my admiration of the fight within our guys was strengthened . . . they chose to fight . . . they chose not to lay down . . . I am proud to be a Tiger with them!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As a child growing up, admiring Tiger athletes . . .

Apr 21, 2019, 7:11 PM

Nice - a very positive view - Skeeta !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: As a child growing up, admiring Tiger athletes . . .

Apr 21, 2019, 9:45 PM [ in reply to As a child growing up, admiring Tiger athletes . . . ]

Skeeta always seems to come through With the perfect post when needed the most! Fantastic post - right there with you my brother.

Just wanted to pass along a possible overlooked fact. Monte’s first recruit class was like 34th. His best recruiting class has been 11th. With the injuries we have including Clark which is unfortunate, most of the players we’re having to play are from that 34th class and most of the players on the DL are from the 11th. Talent matters as Dabo has proven and imo the talent that’s having to play are playing above their talent level.

As a side note before we jump on the baseball coaches, read the article on tci concerning baseball coaches- it humbled me. https://theclemsoninsider.com/2019/04/21/clemson-coach-not-happy-with-ncaas-decision/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerNet baseball fans be like

Apr 21, 2019, 9:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: TigerNet baseball fans be like

Apr 22, 2019, 9:53 AM

Sick, not funny at all!!! You're more Gamecock than Tiger if this is your attitude!

Monte gave lip service to changes last week.

Apr 21, 2019, 10:34 PM

All I saw was moving Byrd go left field and Jordan Greene to the bench.

Put some teeth behind that breathe, Monte!!! Sit someASS. OVERHAUL.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Apr 22, 2019, 12:31 AM

It is what it is. We are not that good right now. Things will get better. There are a lot of teams that would like our problem. Time heals all. Good times are just around the corner and even if that corner is large (football)

Live by the long ball, die by the long ball

Apr 22, 2019, 2:33 AM

This new trend of playing “big ball” since Lee arrived has struck my nerves the wrong way. We did great last year until we met savvy team with great small ball in the post season. They used situational pitching, And small ball to wear us out. Much the same along this losing streak. This big ball trend is just that. A trend that is a flash in the pan. Championships are won behind great pitching coupled with timely hitting. Home runs are sexy. But, when that we’ll dries up, and that’s all you have, it’s an ugly product.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgive me if this is a ridiculous question...

Apr 22, 2019, 8:56 AM

because I’m not a big baseball fan, other than wanting to see Clemson do well. But didn’t Jack Leggett play “small ball,” and isn’t that a big reason why a lot of people wanted him fired?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic