Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious Question, How do we stop Braxton Miller?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Serious Question, How do we stop Braxton Miller?

Dec 18, 2013, 4:02 PM

watching highlight reels this kid is pretty good and fast. We struggled against shaw just wondering what technique we will try with miller.
PS no im not a coot

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With a free tattoos sign?***

Dec 18, 2013, 4:03 PM

Dabo could punch him.***

Dec 18, 2013, 4:06 PM

Re: Dabo could punch him.***

Dec 18, 2013, 4:08 PM

30-30?

Re: Serious Question, How do we stop Braxton Miller?

Dec 18, 2013, 4:07 PM

I'm sure we are working on everything we know to do. And that is what worries me. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same way we stopped Shaw...

Dec 18, 2013, 4:08 PM

Oh wait

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did msu do to be so effective***

Dec 18, 2013, 4:12 PM

Stack the box and make him pass until he proves he can beat us that way. I've only watched a few of their games, but it seems like his running ability has more potential to hurt us than his passing ability. For whatever reason, it feels like we always struggled against QBs who can run at all. He averages about 6 YPC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miller

There are times its going hurt you. And I know you'll give up plays from time to time. But I think the best way to deal with him, Miller. Is a real aggressive defense. Attack at the line and try to shut down plays as quickly as possible. Don't give them time to make choices.

same way you stop any athlete...strippers and

Dec 18, 2013, 4:15 PM

Weed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

My cousin is no athlete but that has a way of stopping

Dec 18, 2013, 5:48 PM

him as well....and by, "my cousin" I mean me. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thing that scares me is there oline is a lot better than I usucks

Dec 18, 2013, 4:17 PM

And miller is a lot faster and better than shaw.

apparently so is Tennessee's***

Dec 18, 2013, 4:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Linebackers will need to do a better job of spying the QB

Dec 18, 2013, 4:20 PM

and not getting caught up in blocks at the line.

We can start with Vic Beasley

Dec 18, 2013, 4:22 PM

Not getting suckered up the field and letting the QB run right at his vacant area. You stop Miller the same way teams try and stop Manziel, hold the line of scrimmage and don't rush past him. If you do rush past him, keep working back to the line because you might get another shot at him. Beasley killed us in the second half of the USC game.

Dec 18, 2013, 4:28 PM

"we" you guys are playing Wisconsin .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Here's what to do

Dec 18, 2013, 4:29 PM

What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of his leg, right at the bottom. He'll never play again, because his weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right. He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.

If We Win the Turnover Margin, Braxton Miller Won't Matter

Dec 18, 2013, 4:35 PM

I think we can outscore TOS if we protect the rock

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Same way we stoned GT....and BC...***

Dec 18, 2013, 4:41 PM

Miller is more like Boyd than Shaw

Dec 18, 2013, 5:11 PM

Shaw scrambles to keep plays alive. He's a passer than can run. Most of Miller's runs are called runs.

"Hit him, hit him again.... harder, harder." Old chant, but

Dec 18, 2013, 5:15 PM

REAL.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2013, 5:39 PM

Their RB is very good too. We need to load the box and contain the line. Vic B needs to stop running past the play and keep Miller in the tackle box. Make them throw the ball, sure we may get burned a few times in the secondary but that's better than letting them have 6 plus minute drives running the ball. I agree w the previous post, if we can take care of the ball; we should be able to out score OSU. Hold them under 35 and don't turn the ball over and we should win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Miller has a bit of a fumbling problem

Dec 18, 2013, 5:48 PM

I say put a hand or hat on the ball when you tackle him and make him think about ball security more than the home run.

Re: Miller has a bit of a fumbling problem

Dec 18, 2013, 6:00 PM

Load the line of scrimmage so that their QB and RB don't beat you running the ball; therefore, limiting Clemson's offensive time of possession.

If you lose, make them beat you throwing the ball (which isn't their strength) and therefore taking more risks of giving up turnovers. (interceptions or 3 and outs by calling running plays that don't go any where)

Re: Miller has a bit of a fumbling problem

Dec 18, 2013, 6:02 PM

If they score through the air, it also gives Clemson more time on the clock to respond. Therefore, over the course of the game the time of possession should favor Clemson and give them more scoring opportunities.

The only disappointing thing I have heard from Venables

Dec 18, 2013, 6:12 PM

is when he said he tried everything to stop Shaw. That stopped me in my tracks because I know full well anybody can be stopped. Embarrassing , to say the least.

To stop a running QB...

Dec 18, 2013, 6:19 PM

You do what we should have done against Shaw. You play nickle and bring in an extra safety to spy him. Our LB's were in position but not fast enough to keep him from getting to the edge. When BV said we tried everything, I never saw us try that.

Based on Track Record We Don't ... but

Dec 18, 2013, 6:19 PM

We try to force him to pass and try to outscore them!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Solos made a good point...

Dec 18, 2013, 6:33 PM

He's gonna run it. When he does, hit him HARD. Tee off on his ###. Let him know that every time he takes off he's gonna get a good lick.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We won't 'stop' him, but we need to

Dec 18, 2013, 6:51 PM

limit his running yards. How? First, coach V has to be on...anticipate well. Blitz when the tendencies call for it but otherwise control the line on D. Too much running upfield will play into his hands and give him running lanes. Force them to pass. Here again, we won't stop him but just need to limit the yards and hopefully not give up too many big plays.

It will take a complete game with few mistakes to beat them. Turn the ball over and we lose.

We won't, we have to out score them***

Dec 18, 2013, 7:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serious Question. why do coots come on TigerNet?***

Dec 18, 2013, 7:15 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic