Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Somebody mentioned piggy banks earlier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 783

Somebody mentioned piggy banks earlier

Jan 25, 2021, 12:59 PM

And I got to thinking that I haven't seen a Piggy Bank since I was a kid.

I got one for my birthday when I was like 3. I was small enough that I could sit on it (there are pictures of me somewhere) like I was riding a horse. It was totes cute.

Anyway, before Mom and Dad got a divorce, they got in a big fight on night. I guess Mama thought she was going to teach my Dad a lesson and busted open my Piggy Bank with a hammer right in front of me and my little brother. My little brother cried, but I was confused why she was stealing my money. Anyway, she used the contents for drinking money that night and threatened to tell the cops that Dad hit her if he tried to take the money away.

What are your piggy bank memories?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no wonder you do drugs

Jan 25, 2021, 1:02 PM

Did you ever get your money back?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over time, I stole enough Coors Lights and virginia slim

Jan 25, 2021, 1:06 PM

menthols that mom's investment paid off.

And I learned to squirrel away lunch money in middle school in the top of my closet and act poor at school so the teachers would give me free lunch tickets off the books.

This scam ran well into the 8th grade before I was found out. My mom was rightly embarrassed. Serves her right for getting likkered up on my life savings.

My first roommate at Clemson turned me into the RA

Jan 25, 2021, 1:02 PM

for having beer in the fridge, so I destroyed everything I thought might be sentimental to him. I think there was a piggy bank in the wooden chest his grandfather built him that I chopped up with a machete.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucckk***

Jan 25, 2021, 1:05 PM

You are an Old Testament man, I see.***

Jan 25, 2021, 1:06 PM [ in reply to My first roommate at Clemson turned me into the RA ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We used to call that 'Goin hard in da paint'***

Jan 25, 2021, 1:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, I had this sweet Mickey Mouse one ant I always

Jan 25, 2021, 1:04 PM

put my quarters and change into. Sometimes dollar bills if I could fold them tiny enough to get through the slot (lutz). It was rubber though so you could take the money out more than once. There was a little plug on the bottom. I remember the first time I took money out it was to buy a ninja turtle action figure at the store. Man I loved that toy and I'll never forget getting to pay for it with my own money and then taking it back home and getting beat mercilessly by my dad with a set of jumper cables for wasting my money on dolls.

Sorry man, that sucks.***

Jan 25, 2021, 1:04 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dad made mom crazy and vice versa

Jan 25, 2021, 1:07 PM

I had an otherwise normal child hood after the divorce.

Re: Dad made mom crazy and vice versa

Jan 25, 2021, 2:12 PM

At least your mom was upfront about it. Probably not your best memory, but we can all get a little crazy at times. The fella from the other thread said he was stealing from his daughter and paying her with the money. I think I'd rather have moment of 'mama went a little crazy one night' stuck in my head than come to the realization that my dad was paying me with money he stole from me. I hope that guy was joking.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve got a 1939 World’s Fair glass brick bank

Jan 25, 2021, 1:12 PM

That was my grandfathers, then my dad’s, and now mine. There are probably a lot of silver dimes and quarters in the bottom. I know there are a bunch of wheat pennies in there. It’s about 2/3s full. Supposedly it will split open when it is full.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Just like OPs mom***

Jan 25, 2021, 1:13 PM

I got a large vitamin bottle

Jan 25, 2021, 1:14 PM [ in reply to I’ve got a 1939 World’s Fair glass brick bank ]

slap full of silver dollars, 50 cent pieces, etc.

Probably not worth much, but PawPaw had it for 50 years so maybe could be worth something one day.

Yeah man, I actually still have mine

Jan 25, 2021, 1:15 PM

my Grandmother gave us all one and they stayed at their house. it was a small tiger. So my grandpa and grandma threw change into them all the time. We always went and counted our money when visiting.

I had a really small Clemson football helmet one too. It was wood and the sides were like plexiglass. So you unscrewed the plexiglass to get the money out. Well, once you do that 5-10 times, the screws no longer work and the wood is worn out. So it became just full of money and I finally broke it one day.

Funny and true:

My piggy bank was a tiger - cool, like me (I think)
My cousins piggy bank was an elephant - the dude is super overweight and looks like an elephant. Please forgive me.
My sisters was a pig - she is the spitting image of a mud rolling hog. Please forgive me.
My other sisters was a dog - she is super smart and one of my best friends

Its like we all took on the persona of our piggy banks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks to grandparents, my kids' piggy banks are loaded.

Jan 25, 2021, 1:15 PM

I raid them frequently and tell them I put their money in a savings account.

I have definitely snuck a $10

Jan 25, 2021, 1:18 PM

and bought a 6pack of Mickey's.

I couldn't find my wallet one day, so I knew my little man had some cash, so I borrowed it. Probably should reimburse him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

School picture day? Money comes out of the piggy bank

Jan 25, 2021, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Thanks to grandparents, my kids' piggy banks are loaded. ]

cause grandparents are the only ones who want those damn pictures anyways.

Like good country folk, My dad and I kept our spare change

Jan 25, 2021, 1:17 PM

in a giant pickle jar. Well, some jokers broke in the close to Thanksgiving 1997. They see the giant pickle jar full of change and go for it. It breaks on them. They then go get a pillow case off my dad's bed and try to put all the coins in there. That must have been about the time I drove up on them so it got dropped.

These effers spent so much time with that #### change jar they left no fewer than 4 firearms untouched.

Had I know these guys were thieves and not somebody working on the house I could have parked my car in such a manner that there was no way their van was going to get out.

My cousin and one of his cousins from the other side just happened to be sighing in their rifles and saw the van scream out of the road. Had they known, they could have at least shot at the fools.

P.S. My mom may have lied to me for 20 years, but she never took any money from me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh***

Jan 25, 2021, 1:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

a blue crayola crayon piggy bank

Jan 25, 2021, 1:20 PM

I took care of that ###### for 30 years. Had all kinds of half dollars JFK, wheat pennies ect.

Gave it to my son as a pass down thing. 2 days later it's destroyed.

But before I forget, Pigs of mom?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Had a winnie pooh bank

Jan 25, 2021, 2:09 PM

My older bro drew a ##### on the bowl of honey in its lap. That was the day my folks took me in to open a real bank account.

My kids have two banks each. One for bills, and a separate winding coin dropper one where coins fall into the belly. My youngest is already trying to spend the money. My oldest has no care about the money and often forgets to put his holiday money away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 783
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic