Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tim Bourret called in on Qualk and Kelly’s show.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Tim Bourret called in on Qualk and Kelly’s show.

Jun 25, 2020, 3:57 PM

He said even though Swofford was AD at UNC, he wasn’t responsible for the extra year of probation. He said that’s just a Clemson myth. I find that hard to believe that he was AD and had nothing to do with it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tim Bourret called in on Qualk and Kelly’s show.

Jun 25, 2020, 4:01 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10615

Jun 25, 2020, 4:13 PM

it was faculty reps, not ADs that made the decision

Danny Ford, in a podcast with Larry Williams (who wrote the book The Danny Ford Years: Romping and Stomping) called the idea that Swofford was to blame 'an urban legend'

Jun 25, 2020, 4:27 PM

Thanks for the article link and info. It had been “passed down” through the years to me too.
Swofford’s still a ####### tho.

Jun 25, 2020, 6:03 PM

did it censor t a r h o l e?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 6:08 PM

No, but he is a tar hole #######.

lies

Jun 25, 2020, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Tim Bourret called in on Qualk and Kelly’s show. ]

all swafford's fault. 100%

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 25, 2020, 4:16 PM

TNETs ain’t gonna like this news...

you calling Tim Bourret a liar?***

Jun 25, 2020, 4:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I clearly remember vivid discussions at the time

Jun 25, 2020, 4:37 PM

with close friends who were in the hierarchy of the Columbia IPTAY Club, and no one believed a bunch of faculty reps decided on their own to impose that additional year's penalty.

Repeatedly, word after word was leaked that the AD's at UNC and Duke (Swofford and Tom Butters) suggested the extra penalty, and the faculty reps ran with it. Secondly, we believed the reps colluded with their respective AD's on their votes. Clemson's only support came from Wake and Maryland.

What I strongly favored was Clemson publicly accepting the extra penalty, then stating its intention on withdrawing from the ACC upon service of the penalty, going independent, while seeking conference affiliation elsewhere...like the SEC.

Admittedly, much of the views were skewered in our disgust with the ACC, and some information may have been off-base. But, to this day I have a difficult time believing that penalty was solely faculty rep driven. And no amount of shuffling, side-stepping or covering will convince me otherwise. (That being said with all due respect for Tim, David et al.)

Message was edited by: hartins®

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Tim said it

Jun 25, 2020, 4:59 PM

I believe it. I live in Swofford home town and know most of the family, there is only one lady who is married into the family and she had no use for Clemson.... or Me!

The one person in that entire event who I have NO use for is ex tarheel Jim Lampley.

Re: If Tim said it

Jun 25, 2020, 6:21 PM

Lampley's track record. He did not distinguish himself

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tim must be protecting his ACC pension.***

Jun 25, 2020, 9:34 PM [ in reply to If Tim said it ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

My money is always on Tim.***

Jun 25, 2020, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Tim the Domer very much But I go with what Hartins stated.

Jun 25, 2020, 5:38 PM

We were not supported by UNC or Duke (Blue Bloods so to speak) and they ran the conference (Tobacco Roaders) and I’ve heard the same story of back-stabbing Clemson for all the beat-downs on the football field & being an outsider (in lowly SC).

Hi TiM!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My $$$ is on "hartins" . . .

Jun 25, 2020, 5:39 PM [ in reply to My money is always on Tim.*** ]

That's the way my Dad explained it to me . . . and I believe my Daddy!!!

Jun 25, 2020, 6:21 PM

Tim is a Clemson legend, but understand he's part of the ACC swamp. I'm sure Swofford thinks alot of Bourrett and vice versa. However, I would doubt seriously that Swofford didn't either support or give a behind the back thumbs up to the extra year.

Correct. It's been debunked on here before.***

Jun 25, 2020, 7:07 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

David Hood wrote an article here about this a few years ago

Jun 25, 2020, 8:14 PM

He spoke to people who were in the room when the decision was made, and his article pretty much absolved Swofford. I guess I have to trust David on this.

Re: David Hood wrote an article here about this a few years ago

Jun 25, 2020, 10:10 PM

I hope you’re right with your instincts, but as a young person during the time, I was of the understandings that Hartins described.

Re: David Hood wrote an article here about this a few years ago

Jun 26, 2020, 7:29 AM

All of us felt that way. David did extensive research and interviewed a lot of people when he wrote that article. Perhaps the article can be found in the archives here.

link

Jun 26, 2020, 8:48 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10615

Thanks

Jun 26, 2020, 10:08 AM

I didn’t realize it was that many years ago since the article was written.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic