Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lifetime achievement award
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Lifetime achievement award

Oct 14, 2019, 8:51 AM

I've noticed many commentators (Finebum and others) belittling Clemson's current win streak and even our position in the polls with the argument that it's not a lifetime achievement award. While I agree the current win streak should have no influence on this year's poll, I can't help but think what the narrative would be if say Alabama or O31O had a similar streak.

Moreover, what was the narrative when FSU had their long win streak going. I bet they didn't get near the disrespect as Clemson does. I don't think they truly have a respect for how hard it is to win a single game no matter who the competition is.

I'm just sick of the double standard when all they do is constantly celebrate Alabama's lifetime achievement award over the last decade. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lifetime achievement award

Oct 14, 2019, 9:44 AM

They already have propped Bama up on that pedestal. They should have never gotten in witha loss and not even conference champ. I know they won, but they shouldn't have been there.

And, apparently, 44-16 says they shouldn't have been there last year, especially since it was at the hands of a lowly ACC team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lifetime achievement award

Oct 14, 2019, 10:52 AM

FSU did get a fair amount of disrespect. They were defending National Champs, only undefeated 13-0 team in the country, and were ranked 3rd going into the playoff behind 12-1 Bama and Oregon. They hadn't "proven" themselves against a weak schedule and were dropped in the polls because of it. I see a very similar thing happening this year to us, as happened to FSU in 2014.

Granted, they didn't look very dominant vs that weak schedule, and the committee was proven right when they lost 59-20 to Oregon in the semis. FSU had some pretty close games all year.

37-31 vs OK St ("neutral" site in Arlington)
23-17 (OT) vs #22 Clemson
31-27 vs #5 ND (ND ended up 8-5 and unranked I believe)
30-26 @ Miaimi
20-17 vs BC
24-19 vs UF
37-35 vs #12 GT in ACCCG

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have had ONE close game. And, we are far more

Oct 14, 2019, 4:11 PM

talented than that 2014 FSU team ever thought about being.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have had ONE close game. And, we are far more

Oct 15, 2019, 9:52 AM

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think we are better than that 2014 FSU team was, but we have plenty of time to prove that. I was just responding to the statement by the OP saying that FSU wasn't disrespected like we are. They were undefeated that year and coming off a national championship and were still ranked behind teams with a loss.

At this point, I'm fine with our ranking. As far as most deserving right now, I think it should be 1. LSU, 2. Wisconsin, then everyone else. Looking at the "eye test", 3 would probably be Ohio St even though they haven't really played anyone. Then probably Clemson/Bama/OU/Penn St. I only give us the nod over Bama and OU because our D looks better, and we all know defense wins championships. That said, their offenses have been better so at this point, it's a toss up.

The good news is, there can't possibly be more than 4 undefeated P5 teams this year, so as long as we win out, we're in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad FSU is where they are at

Oct 15, 2019, 10:30 AM

but they still have monster talent on that team that a lot of ACC teams wish they had

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make sure to point out to Paul that Clemson is....

Oct 15, 2019, 12:54 PM

4-0 against the SEC during this current streak! Beat @TAMU, Beat Chikknz, Beat BAMA and Beat TAMU again. By the time the regular season is over, we will have beat the Chikknz AGAIN and face another SEC patsy in the CFP.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic