Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Liberal Cheer Boy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1,547

Liberal Cheer Boy

Jan 19, 2021, 4:17 PM

is misogynistic in this tweet or he just has a hatred for women in the working class.

Liberals have a hard time covering their true feelings and their guiding principles.

https://twitter.com/stephenking/status/1351581412743393280?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are these liberal "guiding principles"?

Jan 19, 2021, 4:20 PM

Is there a list?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are these liberal "guiding principles"?

Jan 19, 2021, 4:22 PM

Twitter

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So... no?***

Jan 19, 2021, 4:23 PM

Re: So... no?***

Jan 19, 2021, 4:26 PM

I think their guiding principle is: “be a hypocrite, no matter the cost “

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But wouldn't attempting to be "woke" to point out the

Jan 19, 2021, 4:27 PM

hypocrisy, also be hypocritical?

Jan 19, 2021, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: So... no?*** ]

I do agree here.

Someone below accused another poster today of misogyny, funny that I have never not one time seen him come to the defense of a conservative woman.

I'm liberal but also honest enough to call out the hypocrisy on my side of the aisle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's definitely there. I just find it humorous when I see

Jan 19, 2021, 4:33 PM

it called out by folks that are decidedly not feminists.

I couldn't really care less about Stephen King making a bad/offensive joke. He'll probably sell less books.

Re: It's definitely there. I just find it humorous when I see

Jan 19, 2021, 4:34 PM

He probably doesn't really need to sell another book. ??

I think I've read most and have watched all the movies.

Jan 19, 2021, 4:34 PM [ in reply to It's definitely there. I just find it humorous when I see ]

Jan 19, 2021, 4:34 PM [ in reply to It's definitely there. I just find it humorous when I see ]

Jan 19, 2021, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: So... no?*** ]

I am sorry, but I do not quite see the misogyny here. It seems to me that Stephen is pointing out this particular woman's lack of intellectual prowess - indicating that the only other job she is qualified for is a cocktail waitress.

Jan 19, 2021, 5:31 PM

I am sorry, but I do not quite see the misogyny here. It seems to me that Stephen is pointing out this particular woman's lack of intellectual prowess - indicating that the only other job she is qualified for is a cocktail waitress.

Gee, I knew Harvard Law School played second fiddle to Yale Law, but I think as a grad of Harvard Law, the press secretary probably has the intellectual prowess to land on her feet. I doubt she'll need to sling drinks anywhere. I do see the misogyny very clearly.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2021, 5:43 PM

Seriously, who would hire her besides maybe MyPillow guy?

It's a real problem brewing for Trump staffers, actually, this administration was so toxic and she was one of the most public - and hypocritically public - faces of the entire Trump administration, because she was a ferocious Trump critic before suddenly changing her tune and hiring on with the new administration. It wasn't like she was a True Believer; those at least had some beliefs...she's an opportunist.

So FOX,... right?***

Jan 19, 2021, 10:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2021, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: So... no?*** ]

ron,

I did not observe the intellectual prowess during her term as press secretary.

Even if you disagree about that, I think Stephen's dig was based on that and not on her being a woman.

Disagree.... What is the definining characteristic of a

Jan 20, 2021, 7:06 AM

coctail waitress....

Being stupid or being female?

Since he said WAITRESS, I would say that it is due to her being female.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Disagree.... What is the definining characteristic of a

Jan 20, 2021, 8:55 AM

ryan,

I did not read it that way (and still don't), but I take your point.

Jan 20, 2021, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: So... no?*** ]

Good effort. If Biden needs a male press secretary down the road, apply Tobias. Come on. It was a misogynistic slur. Period. You can dislike McEnany. That's fine, but you are being disingenuous in explaining away what King meant and you are bright enough to know it.

Had a conservative author made a similar comment about a female press secretary in a Dem administration, the media would be going nuts and if you're honest, you know that's true.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are these liberal "guiding principles"?

Jan 19, 2021, 4:26 PM [ in reply to What are these liberal "guiding principles"? ]

These are just words he strings together, I doubt he has any idea WTF he is saying.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cancel culture/ hate.***

Jan 19, 2021, 4:28 PM [ in reply to What are these liberal "guiding principles"? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best I could find:

Jan 20, 2021, 7:09 AM [ in reply to What are these liberal "guiding principles"? ]

INDIVIDUALISM
LIBERTY
UNIVERSALISM AND MORAL EQUALITY
PLURALISM
LIBERAL PURPOSES

source: https://www.liberalcurrents.com/liberalism-article-paul-crider/

Uggggbhhhh. Grammar pet peeve.

Jan 20, 2021, 7:14 AM

Instant disqualification for using cliché as an adverb in the verse sentence. It would not sound “ cliché”, it would sound clichéd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Cancel culture!" "Doxxing!" "Cuckery!"

Jan 20, 2021, 8:49 AM [ in reply to What are these liberal "guiding principles"? ]

"All these catch phrases Tucker feeds me that don't really mean anything!"

"Cancel culture" isn't a thing. There. It's said. Ostracizing idiots for their stupid behavior has been a centuries-old practice. Hold people accountable and don't whine about made-up "cancel culture".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

That's a little intentionally obtuse.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:00 AM

Widespread public use of the Internet is barely 20 years old. It's the medium by which your life as you know it, including job prospects, dating prospects, and a whole lot more can be ended in an instant, and there are absolutely people now who wish to weaponize that based on ideological and non-criminal disagreements. You know darn well that's not centuries-old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a little intentionally obtuse.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:11 AM

People have been shamed throughout history for far more ridiculous things, and while it wasn't as widespread as the Internet, people also stayed put in their communities back in the day and could be publicly shamed there.

"Cancel culture" is another Tucker talking point to get mad when an idiot, presumably on Tucker's end of the spectrum, does something stupid and gets shamed for it.

Hell, you want real cancel culture? Salem, MA, 1692.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Yes, in 1965 if you were known about town in Greenville, SC

Jan 20, 2021, 9:16 AM

as a doucheebag, or a whooore, or a crook, you could just pack up, move to Columbia, and hit reset. That option's gone....you can't even move to a different country now. Of course in 1965, you also weren't attempted to be publicly and permanently shamed for the candidate you supported. I mean, even Dixiecrats were able to go back to the Democrat Party and continue their careers.

Additionally......

Jan 20, 2021, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: That's a little intentionally obtuse. ]

Tucker might say that....he might not.....I don't know, don't watch his show. I have heard the term in widespread use outside of the realm of Tucker, and that's a diversion to discredit it because a teabag like Tucker might utter it.

I know. I just zero in on him.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:21 AM

Because we have several drones here who just parrot what he says. Apparently he's got them all ruffled over the term "doxxing" now.

I don't know how you do things in Tennessee, but

Jan 20, 2021, 9:13 AM [ in reply to That's a little intentionally obtuse. ]

'round these parts, Ol Great Grandpappy Adidas sent word around the county that our neighbor voted for Robert La Follette in the 1924 Presidental election. The neighbor lost his dairy, his kids were tarred and feathered, and his wife ran off with an immigrant. It was awesome.

Re: Liberal Cheer Boy

Jan 19, 2021, 4:24 PM

Now, if you said that to her, one of the woke tnet people would surely accuse you of misogyny or something.

Am I wrong?

Re: Liberal Cheer Boy

Jan 19, 2021, 4:25 PM

Let me rephrase, if you were to say that to a liberal woman, you'd be accused of misogyny or something.

I stand corrected lol

Aussies***

Jan 20, 2021, 7:25 AM

You're impugning the good name of Stephen King?

Jan 19, 2021, 4:25 PM

HOW DARE YOU

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's offensive to cocktail waitresses.

Jan 19, 2021, 4:27 PM

Are we to believe that you're an avid Stephen King tweet follower or did this get fed to you from the right wing outrage factory?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's offensive to cocktail waitresses.

Jan 19, 2021, 4:53 PM

Outrage factory?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I follow him as he is a nutcase***

Jan 19, 2021, 4:57 PM [ in reply to That's offensive to cocktail waitresses. ]

shouldn't that be terms of cancelation by all publishing

Jan 19, 2021, 4:47 PM

companies?

oh, that's right, he's a lib, so no consequences

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a lazy take. Totally underselling the Trump Tart.

Jan 19, 2021, 11:08 PM

She will be a FOX News mainstay by spring.

She has the gig down pat, the role down to a science. She's very valuable TV time, and Rupert will pony up to crush the upstarts bidding for her services.

She's Prime Time, baby. Prime Time. Coming soon to a large bright rectangle near you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh huh...***

Jan 19, 2021, 11:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a plan... coctail waitress...

Jan 20, 2021, 6:52 AM

then run for congress.

Follow in the tracks of the inspiring congressperson Ocassio-Cortez.

Re: Sounds like a plan... coctail waitress...

Jan 20, 2021, 7:21 AM

Think about AOC. She is in Congress!! America has gone brain dead.

Wait... what?

Jan 20, 2021, 8:13 AM

You went to the Twitter of the guy who wrote Cujo and It and you were expecting him to be diplomatic with his words?

Maybe he just has hatred for liars. Which she is.

He probably does have a hatred for liars, as well as

Jan 20, 2021, 8:56 AM

low income females. Either way, no impact on my life.

Doubtful

Jan 20, 2021, 8:57 AM

Stephen King and his wife barely got by before he published Carrie. I don't think he has any disdain for low income anybody. His novels reflect that as well. I think he's just calling Kayleigh a bimbo.

True or false....he thinks highly of cocktail waitresses

Jan 20, 2021, 9:01 AM

based on that post?

Interesting take.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:05 AM

To Stephen King, no cocktail waitresses are the epitome of intelligence, virtue, and beauty. His tweet is one of respect and admiration.

I like it.

Re: True or false....he thinks highly of cocktail waitresses

Jan 20, 2021, 9:13 AM [ in reply to True or false....he thinks highly of cocktail waitresses ]

Probably false. But that logic does not conclude he thinks poorly of low-income women.

I doubt Kayleigh will become a cocktail waitress. She'll probably lie her way into something else high-profile soon.

I think she's married to a pro baseball player, IIRC.

Jan 20, 2021, 9:18 AM

Doubt she'll be slinging drinks in Ybor City any time soon.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1,547
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic