Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
uniforms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

uniforms

Jan 28, 2015, 8:02 AM

With today's generation I think we should look at other options in out uniform looks. I know ole timers will dislike that and I get it but look at UCF they are adding a beach section to the stadium. Not saying let's do that but they are very smart in doing so they are trying to build something for the fans to come see. While we have a great collage,stadium and traditions I think special uniforms from time to time would be nice. It draws young people in and sure it wouldn't hurt getting more recruits to clemson that we currently don't get on campus to visit. That being said if we just win we will be on in the media plenty but to get extra looks or coverage can't hurt...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: uniforms

Jan 28, 2015, 8:17 AM

You must be talking about the powder puff team cause I dont think our top 3 class GAS about new uniforms

Jan 28, 2015, 10:11 AM

Everyone keeps saying that they love the orange and white, but in reality that's not our two schools colors. Our school colors are orange and purple. So if anything we need to add more purple to the unis. Just my .02 cents.

"IN ORANGE WE TRUST"

Wrong.

Jan 28, 2015, 12:54 PM

Fort Hill White is also a primary color.

http://www.clemson.edu/administration/public-affairs/toolbox/standards/documents/Brand-Color-Palette-Info.pdf

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/80419-d

Jan 28, 2015, 8:34 AM

and a quick tutorial on how to post gifs would be great.

Re: http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/80419-d

Jan 28, 2015, 8:34 AM

Re: http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/80419-d

Right click on the image, click "select image URL"

Jan 28, 2015, 1:01 PM [ in reply to http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/80419-d ]

Prepare your post, Paste to "Image URL" under the message, click "preview" to make sure it came over correctly, then post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jan 28, 2015, 8:38 AM

obvious gamecock troll/scok is obvious.

What is your usual name on here?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 28, 2015, 9:46 AM

This is my only login. Don't get how I'm a coot or whatever..... I have never pulled for the gamecocks or will I ever pull for them. It was a simple statement of a special uniform from time to time would be cool and wouldn't hurt anything.... guess I'm a coot now....

Ban Him***

Jan 28, 2015, 8:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Jan 28, 2015, 8:52 AM

Unfortunately, Dabo is used to the traditional look, and probably more so because of the ties to Alabama. I can't remember Alabama ever having a different look, and IMO it's very boring...coupled with their style of play makes it almost unbearable for me to watch. However, I love the paw. I love our orange and white. I love our rich TRADITION, but you can also make exceptions for certain games. I say our biggest recruiting weekend we wear an alternate uniform with some flash, glitz and glamour. There is no denying recruits love tradition, but I think most tend to like fashion better. It would help us reel in even bigger fish, and not only energize the fan base, but also the recruits looking for a place to call home for the next few years. That's just how this generation is wired. They love the Oregons, Baylors and TCUs, and I can't blame them...they really catch your eye. They love the flashy gloves, cleats and helmets, and no matter who you are, you'd be ignorant to believe we haven't gained recruits because of our tradition, as well as lost recruits because of our lack of trendy fashion. Just my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see... VT started wearing turkey legs and have become

Jan 28, 2015, 9:40 AM

irrelevant, UNC started wearing chrome helments with tar holes and have become even more irrelevant, Maryland's unis stunk so bad they had to leave the ACC. Can you give some good examples? Last time I looked the last few MNC's have been won by teams with pretty traditional unis.

Re: Let's see... VT started wearing turkey legs and have become

Jan 28, 2015, 10:00 AM

Come on dood, you can't honestly believe that a teams uniforms led to their irrelevance. Maryland, as well as North Carolina were irrelevant long before they changed their uniforms, and VT has been on the decline before we beat them in 2011 and the ACCCG. Ohio State does not wear their traditional uniforms, and have made several alterations over the years. Baylor and TCU changed theirs permanently and there was no decline and that team out west that started the trend just played in the national championship game, so where's your validity? I'm not saying that we rewrite our traditional uniforms AT ALL, but an alternate uniform on a big recruiting weekend couldn't hurt us one bit.

Jan 28, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: uniforms ]

hogwash, total hogwash.

LEAVE THE UNIS ALONE!

True. We need to let Bama, USC Trojans, Stanford, Texas and OU in on the secret***

Jan 28, 2015, 9:45 AM

UCF needs gimmicks...

Jan 28, 2015, 10:01 AM

Clemson does not

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: UCF needs gimmicks...

Jan 28, 2015, 10:17 AM

There is NOTHING wrong with our brand. Everyone knows the Paw. Orange pants and orange jerseys used to be brought out for special games. That still works for THIS old timer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, when we were wearing the different orange

Jan 28, 2015, 10:25 AM

and purple jersey/pant combos under Bowden everybody was all over him about going away from tradition. Dabo came in and went back to doing the things we were doing when we were winning, and he was applauded for it. Now it's become a bad thing again, and we want to go back to want we were doing under Bowden?
I personally like the traditional way of doing the uniforms. It lends to better branding and making Clemson a household brand that is very recognizable.

Re: Funny, when we were wearing the different orange

Jan 28, 2015, 10:30 AM

I have never been a fan of the purple jerseys or purple pants. Just havent. Give me the orange jerseys and white pants all day long, love the look.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2015, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Funny, when we were wearing the different orange ]

I like the tradition as much as the next Tiger, but we need to incorporate purple more, since it is one of our main school colors.

"IN ORANGE WE TRUST"

Jan 28, 2015, 12:48 PM

I agree...there is some purple in the unis, but just not enough. Tradition is something that should not be tampered with, and that includes orange and purple(our school colors), and the paw. Keep those traditions, but our unis could use an upgrade, or better yet a change of pace, at least once or twice per season. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I WOULD NOT agree to permanently or drastically change the unis, but I can guarantee 85% of these young players and recruits would love to see a change of pace here and there. I for one HATE the all purple unis, but the players beg for it, solely because it's different, and I would love to see that change up to something more 50/50 orange and purple, with a little bit of glitz and glamour. Just my opinion though...everyone has one.

nooooope

Jan 28, 2015, 10:33 AM

people aren't coming out to games to look at uniforms...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think the beach thing is a good idea? I don't want sand

Jan 28, 2015, 12:54 PM

blowing on my weiner.

Unless its, like, a beach made of that sugary powder stuff.

Funny, I thought winning was what got butts in seats...not a

Jan 28, 2015, 1:09 PM

fake beach.

Guess I'm just old school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jan 28, 2015, 1:32 PM

I have been a die hard Clemson fan for nearly 40 years. My wife is an alumn and my dad was a big time donor in the 80's. So I like they traditional uniforms. At the same time, I think the 1-2 time alternates are pretty cool. (No, I'm not talking about the fugly throwback alternates we wore vs UGA in the 90's) No changes in design, or colors, and certainly not removing the paw or making any permanent changes. Just something to be used as an alternate in a big game, big season opener (like the Ga Dome a few years ago). There are ways to modernize our current design while honoring tradition, such as the helmet being a metallic orange with a silver Tiger paw. Or orange camo for military appreciation day. Sure Alabama doesn't do it...they also have 15 championships and 5 stars as backups. But FSU has done it, UGA has done it. Some do it with success, some do it with failure. But like it or not, kids like the cool uniforms and it pumps them up for games too.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic