Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let’s say May 1st
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Let’s say May 1st

Apr 4, 2020, 12:56 AM

Let’s open the doors. If you still have it stay at home. If you don’t wanna get it, stay at home (at risk people like me) At some point our society has to become immune to this. And waiting another year for a vaccine is crazy.

I’m high risk for death If I catch this but we cannot let our fears defer the fall of the US economy. We will all be dead then. So let’s take the lesser of the two evils.

We must press on.

God be with us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let’s say May 1st

Apr 4, 2020, 1:47 AM

I say May 1st, everybody buy yourself 50 acres and some oxen, plant a big garden, and raise up some big fat hogs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 8:14 AM

Done! With the exceptions that its cows and 185 acres......

Apr 4, 2020, 4:36 AM

I think it will be after Memorial Day until we open up again.

Apr 4, 2020, 5:13 AM

I respectfully disagree. The goal should be that everyone is tested. Many have had COVID-19 but were asymptomatic. Those with antibodies could be very helpful in resolving this situation. The sooner full testing is implemented, the better.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 5, 2020, 2:43 AM

I agree but that's like saying let's go to Mars to avoid it. IT'S not going to happen. Let me put it this way, test every American, that could not happen period. TESTING EVERYONE living in America is just unrealistic. Respectfully. Peace....

Apr 5, 2020, 2:23 PM

To add some numbers to your post -- We've tested almost twice as many as the country with the 2nd most tests, 1.72 million vs 918k for Germany, and have done about the same in the last week as they've done total. At the pace for the last week, it would take 7 years to test everybody.
South Korea has been often praised for their extensive testing and they've still tested less than 1% of their population.

Apr 6, 2020, 8:19 AM

South Korea was praised for rapidly taking action while the numbers were low and acting quickly to quarantine. Meanwhile in the USA...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/20/south-korea-rapid-intrusive-measures-covid-19

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 5, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Let’s say May 1st ]

I know that it's unrealistic to believe that we can test everyone, but the goal should be to test as many as possible. The US can do much better than the current .54% of the population. (1,750,055 tests out of 327.2 million people)

--Henry David Thoreau

you can test one day and get the virus the next

Apr 5, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Let’s say May 1st ]

it makes no sense to test without a reason

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you can test one day and get the virus the next

Apr 5, 2020, 11:38 PM

Agreed.

Testing against their

Apr 6, 2020, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Let’s say May 1st ]

Own will? Na uh bud. They more than welcome to try though??

Apr 4, 2020, 6:27 AM

They're somewhat upbeat about June being our month in as far as having a population that can move back into productivity . That's what I've read anyway.
Guessing about it seems to be the latest craze.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 4, 2020, 6:29 AM

They will definitely want to avoid all of us packing the beaches etc etc for Memorial Day.

Apr 5, 2020, 8:12 AM

Once again, I don't think opening up the country is an all or nothing proposition. By 1 May, there will probably be parts of the country that will open back up to some semblance of normal with certain rules and exceptions still in place to protect the vulnerable.

I seriously doubt NY will be in that boat, but places like Nebraska may very well be able to put the majority of their folks back to work while taking measures to keep the high risk folks safe. I think washing hands, social distancing and mask wearing will remain in place throughout the land but it should not prohibit some areas less affected by the virus from starting to return to a modified version of "normal".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most everyone’s peak deaths are between now and May 1.

Apr 5, 2020, 4:02 PM

NY is supposed to be later this week though mayor of NYC reports less today than yesterday, the first decrease. It is rising now on Long Island. Here in Arkansas it is April 26. I think May 1 is too soon but we should be in the downhill side of the first wave by then.

Odd thing not sure why it’s this way but Missouri’s peak is projected end of May. Seems like an outlier to me.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic