Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's make this landlord famous
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Let's make this landlord famous

Dec 12, 2014, 6:51 PM

Not sure if Germans, but this happened to a military veteran and his wife (student at Clemson) and new born...

http://wtvr.com/2014/12/12/landlord-says-visiting-soldier-cant-stay-with-wife/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's make this landlord famous

Dec 12, 2014, 6:55 PM

Now That is a 1000% A$$Hat and that is being Politely.

That place wouldn't get anymore of my money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

What a POS...anyone knows phone or email of this stupid guy?***

Dec 12, 2014, 7:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a POS...anyone knows phone or email of this stupid guy?***

Dec 12, 2014, 7:47 PM

I second this. Would love to blow his phone up!

Re: What a POS...anyone knows phone or email of this stupid guy?***

Dec 12, 2014, 7:53 PM

http://cuatthegrovesclemson.com/

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Dec 12, 2014, 7:51 PM

Chuck's mailbox is already full. I'm not sure why, but as a citadel alum #### like this really pisses me off.

I don't mean to come off childish, but this gets my blood boiling.

You deserve to be upset

Dec 12, 2014, 8:19 PM

Now that I know he is a Citadel man, with military background, it is more upsetting that he would pull this stunt. Pitiful.

Re: You deserve to be upset

Dec 12, 2014, 9:56 PM

After spending 10 plus years in the military I would love to see this POS in person. Spent my time during the Vietnam era. Wouldn't take much for me to go off on his butt. If he doesn't care for the military then he should leave the US and go where he can be a dictator.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2014, 10:21 PM

First let me say thank you for your service in the armed forces. My father served
20 years I also have two uncles that served 20 years each. So I am proud to say
that I come from a military family. It was instilled in me at a very young age about
our country our flag and all the men and women that gave their life defending it.
It is sad the way some of our troops were treated when they returned home, but
with that being said. The people here that are so quick to pass judgment need to know all the facts.

Dec 12, 2014, 10:44 PM

Call it a contract signed, dated, notarized, whatever. If chuck over there is running the show than whatever to that, but it would take a jerk beyond my comprehension to lay down at night and go to bed knowing he told a guy who serves this country and gives us freedom, who hasn't seen his wife in 6 months and who also has a newborn child. I get rules are rules, but if that's the kind of guy chuck really is, I hope I never have to deal with him.

Dec 13, 2014, 7:18 AM

Ok I will give this one last shot, all I ask is keep an open mind while reading this. First if they did what the contract stated and registered him there would be no problem. If he registered the day this all happened ,like he was advised by the maintenance personal this would not be a problem. The true fact of the matter is they had ever chance to register and choose not to. It's that simple!!! Now I am not sure or not that the man in the military felt because he was in the military that the rules didn't apply to him or not. It seems like being in the military he should know how to follow the rules. Let's say he did register and they wanted to make him pay, I would have to disagree with that. I feel that he should be able to see and spend time with his wife and child. And at the end of the day all that needed to be done to pervert all of this is to have registered. You notice when you watch the video that the man never says it was in the contract that he had to register, or that he was told the day this happened that he needed to register. He for whatever reason didn't feel the need.

Dec 13, 2014, 8:07 AM

That landlord is a ######

There are men born into each generation whose only

purpose in life appears to be to reinforce the notion that the average intelligence of mankind resides somewhere below that of our alleged distant cousin...the ape.

Send that fellow a crate of bananas!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are men born into each generation whose only

Dec 12, 2014, 8:15 PM

First let me say that if I just heard about this story on the news or what has been puton together I would be pissed at the landlord. But I know for a fact that everyone is heading only half of the story. The man that was evicted failed to tell the new crew that a maintenance manager informed him that he needed to register at the office that he was staying there. I know for a fact that he was told that morning that anyone staying over seven days had to register at the office, that is in the contract. All cared to say was that he was in the military. Now I would like to thank everyone that serves in our armed forces, and with that being said he should be able to follow the rules. Like I said he was given the chance to follow the rules and choose not to. Now everyone wants to blame it on the landlord. The complex is also preparing a statement, I hope everyone will take the time to read it and will understand what trulyhappened .

I don't buy it

Dec 12, 2014, 8:22 PM

If he was told that all he needed to do was get a guest pass, he probably would have done it. As TCI would say, your story doesn't pass the smell test.

Re: I don't buy it

Dec 12, 2014, 8:27 PM

People will find out when the complete story is out that all the man had to do was register at the office and this would never have been an issue. He nor his wife choose to register at the office that he was staying at the complex.

let us assume you are correct

Dec 12, 2014, 8:33 PM

this seems like the most fickle thing to get upset about. What does the landlord lose/gain by him being there over 7 days? Does he want more money? Is there a law that they were breaking. I just don't get it.

Re: let us assume you are correct

Dec 12, 2014, 8:41 PM

I am correct, the reason you have to register is the complex pays the water bill the power bill the direct tv and the dsl bill. The rent is based on one person staying there. All that needed to be done was register before he showed up or right after and this would never had been an issue. If people still think the landlord is in the wrong pull up the 13 page contract that everyone signs before they move in

You obviously have a dog in this fight

Dec 12, 2014, 9:16 PM

Quoting the contract by page number I can only assume you are either the landlord or Rainman living at the same complex.

Seriously, the power, TV, and DSL bills are the same no matter the number of occupants. And water is dirt cheap. ### kind of slumlord operation is this?

Serious question. Do you charge more per unit if there are more people living there? Maybe you should, wait this is a great marketing idea, charge less per unit and let the students pay for their utilities. That way you're not stuck with a visitor taking a 15 minute shower on your dime.

Re: You obviously have a dog in this fight

Dec 12, 2014, 9:31 PM

No no dog in this fight. I had a crazy idea that before everyone passed judgement on this landlord they may want to know what truly happened. Is it in the contract that he and his wife signed, Yes. But for some reason that don't seem to matter. He was also given the chance to register the day all this happened, but he choose not to register. So he and his wife read and signed the contract. But when they don't follow the contract it's the landlords fault.???

Re: You obviously have a dog in this fight

Dec 12, 2014, 9:39 PM [ in reply to You obviously have a dog in this fight ]

Hey nut!!! Are you trying to say regardless of how many people are living in an apartment the only utility bill that will change is the water bill. Well that could be true if they don't cook , and they only take cold showers.

For you to take up and protect this person it has to be a

Dec 12, 2014, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: There are men born into each generation whose only ]

relative and if so it kinda proves what a few have
said about the intelligence or I should say lack of
intelligence that this person posses. I am not sure
what kind of backwards ### boarding house you guys run
up there but we are living in 21st century. I know Dabo
said Clemson is a modern day Mayberry but he meant it
figuratively not literally.

Re: For you to take up and protect this person it has to be a

Dec 12, 2014, 8:34 PM

No I just know the truth about what happened!!! I agree it sounds terrible, and if I didn't know the truth I would feel the same way everyone here feels. I know for a fact
that he was told early that day that he needed to register at the office, he choose not to,

I'm afraid you're fighting a losing battle

Dec 12, 2014, 8:41 PM

Even if it wasn't a soldier I would say it's a money grabbing bs move by the landlord. The fact that it's a person serving our country makes it doubly so.

There is a time when common sense and decency should

Dec 12, 2014, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: There are men born into each generation whose only ]

prevail. Considering the soldier's circumstances, the manager could easily have accommodated him by obtaining a signature at the tenant's apartment.

And I say that with tongue-in-cheek, for a soldier visiting his wife and newborn is a far cry from a crowd of buddies hanging around for an ongoing party.

Dang it Harry keep posting...you are at 9998!!!***

Dec 12, 2014, 8:38 PM

LOL....I suppose hitting 10,000 will bring a new moniker,

Dec 12, 2014, 8:44 PM

albeit still no steak knives.

Quickly now before one of "those people" gets to crown you..***

Dec 12, 2014, 8:46 PM

Thank you, kind Sir! Your kindness and generosity

Dec 12, 2014, 9:00 PM

is only exceeded by the fortitude which you display when assailed by your progeny requesting more money! lol

You have a way with words

Dec 12, 2014, 9:08 PM [ in reply to There is a time when common sense and decency should ]

Well said sir.

I'm sure the letter of the lease protects the landlord and

Dec 12, 2014, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: There are men born into each generation whose only ]

covers him from potential liability here, and legally justifies him to do as he pleases. However, it doesn't cover him from being an outright #####bag in this case regardless of what page 11, section b, part ii says (or whatever).

Bottom line is, the public has every right to know what kind of people are behind certain businesses. There's a human aspect to business, and those in positions of power who choose to ignore that and hide behind lawyers and fine print, for whatever reason, are deserving of suffering the consequences when exposed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure the letter of the lease protects the landlord and

Dec 12, 2014, 10:04 PM

A contract is designed to protect both parties, yes without a doubt it protects whom ever wrote it more. With that being said the contract was read and signed. When the contract was broke he wanted to make it sound like it was the landlords fault.

Do you report yourself to the police when you don't come

Dec 12, 2014, 10:25 PM

to a complete stop at a stop sign, or when you exceed the speed limit in any way on the road? Eh? After all, it's black and white right there in the law. You agreed to follow them when you accepted a driver's license issued by the state. Being the stickler for the black and white, wanna pony up the fines for the hundreds of tickets you likely owe us citizens?

There's decency, and there's dou##ency. Chuck, the landlord in this instance, is an idiot for pulling this type of stunt, with a soldier and a newborn, two weeks from Christmas. Sorry, but he and the apartment complex deserve the heat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2014, 8:58 PM

Way to go chuck, your a real super guy. I got ya hartins, David Steele will send you your steak knives now.

Dec 13, 2014, 5:21 PM

This story is now in the nypost

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic