Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The committee is either...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,056

The committee is either...

Nov 9, 2019, 1:24 PM

really embarrassed that they put PSU ahead of us...

Or the more likely scenario, they're thinking "how did we miss Minnesota? They're definitely a playoff team because they're going to have a win over a top four team and they pass the "eye test".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The committee is either...

Nov 9, 2019, 1:27 PM

I was thinking more like “corrupt to the core”.......Go Tigers!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 1:30 PM

They are just reflecting the strength of the Big 10 conference as a whole. They had more ranked teams in the CFP poll, and I would think deservedly so as it's been almost 3 years since anyone scored a point on ANY Big 10 school in the College Football Playoffs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2019, 1:31 PM

They will simply replace PSU with Minnesota at #4. Their vision is clear. UGA will replace the loser of Bama/LSU.

Let's Face it .....

Nov 9, 2019, 1:31 PM

They just couldn't stand to see CLEMSON in the top 4 - AGAIN!!!! Well, they better get over it!!! The ROY bus is washed, waxed & gassed up!!!!

Re: Let's Face it .....

Nov 9, 2019, 1:49 PM

Not at all. They knew that if we win out and we are in. They knew of the pending matchups. They basically set us at 5 and were letting us know that we are in if we win out.

Nov 9, 2019, 2:35 PM

Carlsbad® said:

Not at all. They knew that if we win out and we are in. They knew of the pending matchups. They basically set us at 5 and were letting us know that we are in if we win out.

I don’t believe that for a second!

Nov 9, 2019, 2:37 PM

Just about everyone else did. They knew the teams had to play each other. It's pretty straightforward and good for ratings. Our path was obvious.

Nov 9, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Let's Face it ..... ]

The ROY bus is Diesel powered bruh...????????

It illustrates just how wrong the committee can be, and the

Nov 9, 2019, 1:33 PM

absurdity of anybody thinking that any group of experts can reliably determine which teams are better than other teams.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 9, 2019, 1:34 PM

They are thinking, “wow, Minnesota is way better than we thought!” Not, “maybe Penn State isn’t all that!”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they change their critera for each team

Nov 9, 2019, 1:37 PM

they talk about..they obviously put these four in for marquee match ups hte next few weeks. lsu vs bama today..and were banking on penn state handling minn for another top four match up.

Nov 9, 2019, 1:48 PM

They arent embarrassed at all. They knew it would all sort out. It was just a starting point knowing the pending matchups that needed to be played.

Nov 9, 2019, 2:22 PM

Man you are something else.....with all your BS......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Nov 9, 2019, 2:23 PM

Pipe down. You just posted BS, clown.

The committee's job shouldn't be

Nov 9, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: The committee is either... ]

ranking teams in the interest of creating high-profile TV matchups, no matter if they know teams will "sort out".

Clemson

Re: The committee's job shouldn't be

Nov 9, 2019, 2:46 PM

It's a business as much as we wish it wasnt. Moreover, it doesnt make any difference at this stage. We will be 3 or 4 when the next poll comes out. It works out perfect for us and them. We can claim we are disrespected to motivate the team. They build some hype for college football around the country. Its crying over spilled milk.

It's intentionally doing their job incorrectly

Nov 9, 2019, 2:52 PM

in order to make sure people cry over that milk.

I don't care that Clemson is at 5. I think other teams are placed on moving or changing criteria.

Clemson is in a no-win situation. Beating teams by 30+ points, other than one game in week 5, has clearly not been enough. Wake is our only potential profile game. For some reason, beating teams in a large fashion doesn't speak to our dominance, as it does to other teams, it's reported as schedule weakness.

Clemson

Re: The committee's job shouldn't be

Nov 9, 2019, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The committee's job shouldn't be ]

+1. You nailed it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 9, 2019, 2:33 PM

drunk or dumb.

They are thinking neither

Nov 9, 2019, 2:50 PM

All they are thinking is " I guess we will move Minnesota up a few and we will move PSU down a few. Now where are my chicken wings?"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,056
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic