Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another one bites the dust
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 414

Another one bites the dust

Feb 11, 2021, 10:01 PM

Twatter can’t handle the truth...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-suspended-project-veritas-locked-james-okeefe-account

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let us hold hands and go forth

Feb 17, 2018, 11:52 PM

I'm sorry your brother O'Keefe has lost. Now it is time for you to go and reform. Let's do this together. For the good of the country.

https://youtu.be/K78o5mbe-vg?t=97

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Brave New World is closer than we think.

Feb 11, 2021, 10:42 PM

I know very little about Veritas, only that the action against them doesn't seem to be due to errors in their posts, but to the end of the social spectrum they represent.

Less than a decade ago, "1984" and "Brave New World" were seen as perceptive reminders that the totalitarianism experienced in one place can be experienced anywhere. They were considered among the best of American literature. As events move in that direction, merely referring to them now results in condescension from those unwilling to admit they support the predicted things.

The defense from the apologists is that the Bill of Rights is still in place. Agreed. What the prophets of the past did not see is that totalitarianism would next come from the bottom up as much as the top down. We know that private companies are tracking where people go and giving movement history to the police. We know that many companies are putting pressure on employees to adopt attitudes and beliefs that can objectively be shown to be matters of opinion. The line between govt and private enterprise is fading as they work together to impose one accepted manner of thought, and an entirely different way of defining truth and the individual.

If it ended here, today, the effect has to date been moderate, which is part of the defense of the apologist: "hey, you still can say what you want." Sort of. However, that is exactly what should scare anyone, that in less than a decade we have taken such steps that are merely the beginning. I don't think this can be fought directly because we are past the tipping point: instead, we should continue to discuss this so we will recognize the required compromises when they come, and can have the courage to refuse them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good riddence

Feb 11, 2021, 10:47 PM

James Okeefe should be hosting a paranormal investigation show anyway. If he is going to trick gullible people into believing in bullshit with hidden cameras and clever editing, he might as well make real money doing it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good riddence

Feb 11, 2021, 11:02 PM

Lots of clever editing going on this week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 414
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic