Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me tell you my Dad's experience with Tiger Illustrated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,130

Let me tell you my Dad's experience with Tiger Illustrated

Nov 22, 2016, 8:09 PM

He has been caught in an automatic charge to his credit card that he couldn't get out of without nearly changing cards completely. My dad, subscribed to Tiger Illustrated a couple of years ago and has tried several times to cancel his subscription. It's an automatic charge of $9.95 per month, basically $120 per year. He can not get in touch with them. They have a phone number that is listed along with the charge on the credit card statement. When you call, it says that the number is no longer in service. So my dad called his credit card and said to block it. The card operator tried to call them and go through the website instructions, with no luck in either attempt.

Finally, the credit card operator said I will make sure this is no longer charged on your account. The next month there was still another charge. He called the card company back and laid it out very clearly. He said he really didn't want to change cards, but if they allow another charge to go through, he will cancel the credit card and get another with another company. He's 77 years old, has excellent credit, and would think nothing of cancelling the card and starting a new one. His house is paid for, he doesn't need a car loan, and could care less if changing cards dings his credit a little. So now the credit card may lose a customer.

So suddenly he gets an email from Rivals.com notifying him that it was time to let them know if he wanted to renew his subscription. They gave him the choice of yes or no and he said no and then typed in the message area that he emphatically did not want to renew. Then he got a message saying that his message was rejected by the server, forever. Bottom line, they can get in touch with him any time they want, but he can't get in touch with them. If you follow the instructions to cancel on the Tiger Illustrated site, you will be in an endless circle that does not allow you to get anywhere.

Finally, they send him another email urging him to give them his new credit card info to continue his premium service. So, I think the credit card company finally cut them off. Of course, he will not reply to that ever. I'll bet if he replied with a new card number, it would go through instantly.

Just trying to save other tiger fans from going through this. It is only $9.95 per month, but it becomes a matter of principle. It is surprising to have this type of problem with a reputable and well-known organization.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let me tell you my Dad's experience with Tiger Illustrated

Nov 22, 2016, 8:24 PM

Sorry but your dad sounds like he just didnt put in much effort. The number is easily found on the website and is a quick call. I've stopped and restarted my subscription there many times. Best place to follow Clemson recruiting.

Nov 22, 2016, 8:29 PM

Ha-ha, that's funny.

He put is a ton of effort and he and his credit card company

Nov 22, 2016, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me tell you my Dad's experience with Tiger Illustrated ]

tried to contact them. I'm glad you had a better experience. He and his credit card company called the number on the billing statement and went through the cycle on the website.

they are unpredictable and sleazy when it comes

Nov 22, 2016, 9:20 PM

to subscriptions and I use temperory shopsafe numbers to sign up and cancel.

Their message board is decent but they worship their moderators like a cult and their moderators are pretty condescending.

They are so insecure that if you post any link from TigerNet, they'd delete it immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is the Tiger really illustrated?***

Nov 22, 2016, 9:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a VERY similar experience with TIger Illustrated

Nov 22, 2016, 9:39 PM

Several years ago.

I enjoyed reading some of their recruiting info and a lot of their posters were cool. But Ard is a jerk. I hardly ever posted on that site. Mostly just read the posts. One day I asked a very serious, but harmless question. Ard was very condescending. I asked him why the attitude, I wasn't trying to offend. He banned me. I sent him an email and asked why the ban, because I really didn't understand. He wrote back that he was tired of my junk. Now I obviously think he had me confused with someone else, because like I said, I almost NEVER posted anything.

I tried to cancel my membership. I jumped through some of the same hoops as your dad. I thought it was just me, but I've learned since then it's happened to others.

Quitting TI was no trouble for me.

Nov 22, 2016, 10:03 PM

I have joined and quit a couple of times without a problem. Sorry for your Dad's troubles.

Ard got off to a rough start in the way back but his site has some nice features these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2016, 10:15 PM

I agree with your comments. It took me forever to speak to someone several months to tell them to cancel my subscription after the present annual one expires. I'm waiting to see if they really did cancel it; won't know until February.

I really don't care for TI since they changed their format. I prefer TigerNet and have subscribed to it for the past three years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,130
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic