Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let me just say I AM IN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Let me just say I AM IN

Feb 5, 2021, 8:40 AM

on Dominion and Smartmatic suing Fox, OAN, and Newsmax for spreading lies about the election.

I also think we need to go further. Any time ANY news corporation knowingly spreads false information about ANYTHING they should be sued.

That goes for CNN and MSNBC as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Were you rooting for Nicholas Sandmann?***

Feb 5, 2021, 8:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am now. He should hella money out of CNN

Feb 5, 2021, 8:44 AM

r/PoliticalHumor - Haha I have never seen a more hilarious opening statement

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good freaking point

Feb 5, 2021, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Were you rooting for Nicholas Sandmann?*** ]

And what about Adam Chithead acting like he was reading the transcript of Trump's call to the Ukraine dude. Call it what it was - a complete and outright lie carried by all the MSM and replayed 100s of times.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How are you the most

Feb 5, 2021, 8:48 AM

backwoods redneck school teacher of all time, but simultaneously absolutely love government control, mandates, lawsuits and basically everything AOC tells you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

State Law!

Feb 5, 2021, 8:51 AM

Post image

You are what you eat***

Feb 5, 2021, 8:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you might be retarded

Feb 5, 2021, 9:02 AM [ in reply to State Law! ]

and I say that with genuine concern.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of AOC

Feb 5, 2021, 9:06 AM

Post image

I find this baffling for quite a few folks on here

Feb 5, 2021, 10:23 AM [ in reply to How are you the most ]

Love to push big city policies while living in Chester, Blythewood, Aiken, Fountain Inn, Florence, etc. etc. lol

Move your ### to Atlanta, Detroit, Philly, Chicago and live there for a few years and come back to us. Watch helicopter coverage of the neighborhood target going up in flames 3/4 of a mile from your house and then watch the media cover for those antics for 6 months.

Talk about brainwashed...

Ah, a list... There's one on there that you obviously don't

Feb 5, 2021, 12:46 PM

have a clue about. I KNOW. One of the, if not the most, Republican strongholds in the state... Can't think of a better example, but by ballot options it has to be... I understand your point, but for at least one, it's totally wrong.

By the way, I find most of your posts 'spot on'...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my bad - point taken

Feb 5, 2021, 1:27 PM

I was pulling towns in SC out my ###. I guess my point is more of a rant so take it with a grain of salt.

The target statement was my own personal experience so I was being a little #####. The incident was one of the main reasons we got the hell out of the city in the fashion that we did, though.

I was thinking about this broader sentiment last night and this was more of a reactionary response. I am still interested in what the geographical distribution and demographics are like on here relative to the posts that we see...simply out of curiosity from an analytics perspective.

Trying to understand ya know - I don't know if folks here are just trolling/stirring the pot, really thinking this way, or just holistically pissed off with how things have gone the past few years. Could be a combination of all 3...idk

The vast majority of conversation here seems to be regurgitation of what folks see on the socials and/or cable news...neither of which I partake in.

Fortunately/unfortunately

Feb 5, 2021, 8:52 AM

That would take away pretty much all news

The fortunate part would be getting back to nightly news just giving the straight up facts

I’m also curious about these companies/folks getting away with this kinda like the National Enquirer

The issue is also, how would you define "knowingly"

Feb 5, 2021, 8:54 AM

of course journalists get stuff wrong at times. That's why retractions have been a staple in the journalistic community since the beginning.

But knowingly pushing a story that you know is false should open these companies for litigation. Just don't know how you would define and prove "knowingly"

That would be difficult to prove (I think)

Feb 5, 2021, 9:04 AM

I’m not a lawyer

Remember when they couldn’t prove the intent for Hillary and that was the end of that? (This is not Australians and not claiming Hillary to be innocent or guilty. It’s just to bring up a recent example)

I’m wondering if these will get by on a similar thing

There's a lot of clarification needed in this thread.

Feb 5, 2021, 9:05 AM [ in reply to The issue is also, how would you define "knowingly" ]

For one, "retractions" are rare. That's when a news site says, "We completely published a story that was 100 percent false... nothing in it was real, and we're going to eliminate every trace of it." Like, say, when that medical journal published that lying doctor's vaccines-cause-autism piece. They retracted that.

You're thinking more of just simple corrections. In most libel or slander suits, it's a detail in the story that gets the news outlet in trouble. In those cases, usually running a correction in the same location of the paper as the story appeared, or in the same time slot as the broadcast, can fend off a lawsuit (but not always).

The proof part you mentioned is tricky. The plaintiff must prove falsity. In the Dominion case, that's probably going to be easy. But honestly, when a news outlet knows they lied, they usually settle out of court to avoid the big payments.

Much of your libel/slander suits come form falsely making it look like someone committed a crime. The most famous of these is Richard Jewell/Atlanta bombing. Sometimes, though, the law enforcement agency will take on the lawsuit instead of the media because the media were careful to quote them as naming the accuser.

Another great example of a libel/slander suit was the MAGA kid at the Lincoln Memorial. I believe he nailed CNN and WaPo pretty hard (and deservedly so) for how they portrayed that event. Once new video evidence emerged, proving falsity was pretty easy for that kid.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: There's a lot of clarification needed in this thread.

Feb 5, 2021, 9:34 AM

I would also point out that once an inaccuracy has been presented to the public, any retraction or correction does little to change people's minds as to the original fallacy. People tend to cling to the misinformation even in the face of new and contradictory evidence.

This is where the internet needs regulation

Feb 5, 2021, 8:54 AM

Fox News can be sued. Facebook, Google, Twitter, Apple, Reddit, et. al. can't.

See, if Fox spews garbage, or NY Times, or anyone else in print or TV media, they can be sued by companies and people they harm. That is a VERY IMPORTANT check on journalism, both right and left.

Now Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Reddit, 4chan, 8kun, Tigernet, et. al. are free from lawsuits resulting from garbage disseminated on their websites. And more people get "news" and misinformation from the internet than from cable news or newspapers. As such, those dinosaur media entities (Fox, NYT, etc.) are all clamoring to publish the garbage that's popular online. But they can't, so at best they can just report it as being online, and not necessarily true. And that's stretching their liability as it is.

Just so sad. One Trump plan I agreed with. Would agree with it if it were a Biden plan. If Google, Apple, Amazon, or any bogus "news" website posts garbage known to be false, they can be sued by whoever is harmed. This can impact the left and the right. Lord knows lawyers would love this. PLUS, it would cut down on the advantage and the popularity of misinformation that is making it's way to companies that can be sued.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, but they shouldn't be sued.

Feb 5, 2021, 9:00 AM

Those Internet platforms you mentioned.

Fox, CNN, NY Times, et al, can all control their content. When they commit libel/slander, the onus falls on them. Facebook can't control what every single person on their site publishes until they get to it and delete it.

If these platforms were open to be sued instead of the individual, we would see monumental censorship on the web. Crump and BMeist could be sued for what some idiot posts on here.

This is not something you want. Trust me.

Message was edited by: Catahoula®

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Crump and Bmeist already censor us. Post tidds.

Feb 5, 2021, 9:09 AM

Threaten someone's family, and/or dox them......

NYT, Fox News, et. al. ALSO censor a ton of stuff. They have to. Lies, slander, and stuff they can be sued for. Fox should have censored the Dominion garbage. They didn't and they will pay for it.

And the left can be sued too, remember Nicolas Sandmann and Nathan Phillips in DC? Yeah, they can be sued too for running with internet garbage. Yet the same garbage spewed freely on Twitter, and all across the internet, despite the false narrative about it.

The source of the garbage needs to be cut off, as it is (has already) ruined print and cable news.

If some nut wants to start a blog and call themselves a "journalist", then fine. Treat them like a journalist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crump and Bmeist already censor us. Post tidds.

Feb 5, 2021, 9:17 AM

Sure, they can do that as established by the rules of the forum. But if you make them liable to libel and slander suits because some random idiot commits it and they can't delete the post in time, you'll have Tigernet shut down forever and their lives ruined.

That's not right.

And a news source isn't "censoring" when it makes changes to content. That's not the definition.

Good news sources (the NY Times and WaPo do this) actually don't delete their screw up but instead run a correction with it. They're saying, "We ###### up. We're not hiding it. Here's the correct info."

If some nut wants to start a blog and call themselves a "journalist", then fine. Treat them like a journalist.

Agreed, for their content. And some bloggers have learned the hard way about this.

Re: Let me just say I AM IN

Feb 5, 2021, 8:57 AM

Do you ever play these things out in your head before sh1tpoasting?
Who determines what the lie is?
Would you like to see any opinions be liable here?
Would politicians be liable for the same?

You better also support election fraud or there will be no more news.... ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's, um, how it works.

Feb 5, 2021, 8:58 AM

That is, if that false information damages someone's reputation. It's been that way for a long time.

It's more nuanced than that, but Dominion and Smartmatic are filing slander suits. CNN has and MSNBC have had their share.

There would be no major news networks left

Feb 5, 2021, 9:00 AM

We would have to rely on you for the news, and with your bandwidth, that could take a few days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Let me just say I AM IN

Feb 5, 2021, 12:51 PM

Cnn was going on about this last night. They showed the broadcast Where Lin Wood went on her Tirade, and as much as I hate to defend Fox, you could practically hear the producers screaming through the headsets to shut her down. They knew at that exact moment that she was a liability. I do not watch Foz, I do not know the entirety of what they allowed on their opinion shows, but it seemed like they were trying to steer clear of the dominion thing and it was their gusts like Wood and Guiliani venturing off-script.

I don't care really, just what I saw last night.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, there's a difference here.

Feb 5, 2021, 1:34 PM

Showing a clip of someone like Lin Wood spouting off this stuff doesn't hold CNN liable. It holds Lin Wood liable.

In the Fox suits, three anchors are specifically mentioned for pushing false information: Lou Dobbs, Jeanine Pirro, and Maria Bartiromo. And it targets them for hosting Giuliani and Powell as guests on the shows to push the lies.

Lin Wood is a dude

Feb 5, 2021, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me just say I AM IN ]

He may have undone all that with the latest antics.***

Feb 5, 2021, 2:18 PM

Re: He may have undone all that with the latest antics.***

Feb 5, 2021, 2:25 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic