Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest ESPN bracketology and bubble watch (links)....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,246

Latest ESPN bracketology and bubble watch (links)....

Mar 7, 2019, 9:57 AM

This guy thinks we will need to win both Cuse and a tourney game for sure.....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25923557/boundaries-bubble

Lunardi has us in the first four currently....playing Seton Hall and then Maryland is the 5 seed.....Kansas is the 4 seed....I don't like being in the first four....but that would be a favorable draw if there was one.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

For those that keep wanting to say that we just need to win one....I'm just not sure that's the case. Reading through that Bubble Watch article....it's a mess out there and there are some teams hanging on a thread....but we need to get clear of the rubble, if you know what I mean. It seems like there are a ton of teams trying to grab at our ankles and throw us off the ladder. Need to win two and kick them back down on our way up.

Also....would love to get out of the First Four and put N.C. State into it. That might actually be what's at stake next week. We would sure put a scare into somebody as a 10 or 11 seed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My concern has been...

Mar 7, 2019, 10:03 AM

the loss at NC State and Miami would come back to bite us.

I sure hope I'm wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think, in one sense....

Mar 7, 2019, 10:12 AM

that at this point it's not bad to be in a "must win" situation the next two games.
We are really playing a 2 game season now.
I think the thing that would prevent it now would be losing one of these two games....never mind what happened earlier.
Our resume is going to be a test case for the committee. Really don't have bad losses. Don't have really good wins, with the exception of one over Va. Tech. Can pick up two decent wins to make a final impression.
Other teams on the bubble have better wins, but worse losses.
This has been a frustrating season on many levels....but there's a chance to salvage it this week and get in. Then, who knows?

I guess my point is...

Mar 7, 2019, 10:19 AM

it would be nice to occasionally take control of our own destiny and be in rather than always being in a "must win" situation or needing someone else to lose in order to have a chance to get in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess my point is...

Mar 7, 2019, 10:29 AM

amen to that. win the next two. period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a normal year

Mar 7, 2019, 10:36 AM [ in reply to I think, in one sense.... ]

we've got no shot. This isn't a resume that would get you in. 1 Q1 win. 1-9 vs Q1 teams. However the field is shallow this year so that gives us a chance.

I think we need to win both for a lock, but the NCSU game may actually be more important. Before their loss last night they were 31 in the NET rankings, thus beating them on a neutral floor would be a Q1 win. Cuse is outside the top 35 at home so that would only be a Q2 win.

As for the bad losses, you're correct, only Miami was outside the NET top 55 and that was still a Q2 loss. We don't have any Q3 losses.

Despite all our misfortune and inability to close out games this year we are fortunate that the bubble is shallow to even give us a chance.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Mar 7, 2019, 10:39 AM

The mission is clear

Mar 7, 2019, 10:59 AM

Yes. MUST beat Syracuse and ... one game in ACCT ? Try THREE, have to make it to Friday. Better yet, get to the finals ...how bad do these guys want it ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of funny to see y'all torture yourselves every year...

Mar 7, 2019, 11:39 AM

...about this.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kind of funny to see y'all torture yourselves every year...

Mar 7, 2019, 11:56 AM

Well, if we had won just 2 of the 4 close games that we lost we would not be in this position. NC state was the worst IMO because of the missed free throws. Thank goodness it did not happen again last night because ND also missed a late free throw.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,246
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic