Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last LSU meeting - Mingo takes out Sammy Watkins...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Last LSU meeting - Mingo takes out Sammy Watkins...

Jan 13, 2020, 9:18 AM

...on what I think was the 2nd or 3rd play of the game. It was a disaster, and it took the Clemson Tigers 100 plays and a last second FG by the Cat Man to pull it off.

Look for some similar dirty play from the LSU Tigers to head hunt on key Clemson players, e.g. ET9, TL16, TH5, & JR8.

I seem to recall that the hit Sammy took from Mingo was an ankle injury where Mingo seemed to fall on Sammy's ankle. I'm not saying it was an illegal hit, but certainly pretty viscious on the ankle.

The Chad should not have put Clemson's most valuable player in the 1-off play that I don't recall Sammy ever running prior to that play. I do see why it was an attractive option to have Sammy running that jet sweep, but putting him right into Mingo was a mistake.

I hope Elliot is a bit more careful on putting guys in vulnerable positions on plays too early in the contest.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Last LSU meeting - Mingo takes out Sammy Watkins...

Jan 13, 2020, 9:33 AM

Couple of things on this.

First I don't think there was any intent at all from Mingo on the play.

Sammy's injury was to an already bad ankle which is why it was so easy to get him out of the game on that hit.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't even a jet sweep. Sammy was lined up as a RB and was given a hand-off.

It was a completely ridiculous play to run to Sammy considering we had an NFL RB on the team and LSU's whole defense was keying on Sammy.

Without the injury to Sammy, Nuk would not likely have the legend status that he currently has at Clemson because that play allowed Nuk to take over the game from the WR position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2020, 10:03 AM

they had planned to use him as rb a good bit that game. I heard this just the other day

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2020, 10:05 AM

Well if that is the case, it was a dumber gameplan than I originally thought.

I thought they were just trying to sneak him a carry or two early in the game to mix up LSU.

Oh well, I'm glad it worked out in the end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic