Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lack of player leadership = lack of success on the field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,361

Lack of player leadership = lack of success on the field

May 4, 2012, 9:00 PM

This is basically what the Espn round table said was our biggest problem in the our inability to go from good to great.

Really disappointed in Sammy. I know he is young and everybody makes mistakes. We just really need our superstars to lead.

Ps....don't grant permission to be voluntarily searched if you have WEED on you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lack of player leadership = lack of success on the field

May 4, 2012, 9:01 PM

I think you are blowing this up way to much...this team has good leadership on it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2012, 10:18 PM

I'd say lack of leadership is definitely an issue. Just last week Dabo mentioned the need for leadership to emerge from the underclassmen; namely Sammy Watkins. This was before the Roundtable even discussedd it. So what do you do on the heels of your head coach basically calling out your lack of leadership? You go ride around campus with your friends and a stash of smack in your car. Brilliant.

May 4, 2012, 9:02 PM

cop can search you if he smells it, none the less, dont take your stash with you on car rides, just enough to quickly smoke.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2012, 11:23 AM

Or eat if necessary.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

May 4, 2012, 11:27 PM

I may be wrong as I've never been searched, much less arrested, but refusing to be voluntarily searched is basically admitting guilt. The police can pretty much dismantle your car at that point and INvoluntarily search you. They have quite a bit of discretionary power during traffic stops.

they can search you or car if they have probable cause, i.e.

May 5, 2012, 11:41 AM

"smelled" marijuana, but I would never volunteer to a search. They aren't going to cut you a break anyway, so why give them what they want.

I would be as polite as possible, but I would not agree to anything. Just me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would one watch TV for philosophical directions?

May 5, 2012, 11:55 AM

How about behavioral advice or marriage counseling?

ESPN is news and entertainment. If any of those chumps knew half as much as they think about football they would be coaching and making millions a year.

More than half our roster last year was freshmen and redshirts. Clearly we needed experience to overcome adversity and mature players to avoid the pitfall of thinking we couldn't be beaten.

If we had a problem other than those it would be that so many of our guys sluffed off thinking one of our 'STARS,' would take up the slack. Remember the lectures from Dabo on personal responsibility.

Don't look for leadership this fall, look for individual accountability if we want to win.

PS. Don't carry more weed than you can eat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would one watch TV for philosophical directions?

May 5, 2012, 1:34 PM

Pesonal accountability is a quality of leadership. I for one thought the ESPN bit was pretty spot on.

Our lack of player leadership was especially apparent

May 5, 2012, 1:56 PM

during 2010, especially on offense. Last year was a big improvement, and I put a lot of that on Tajh's off the field work last spring and summer, and fortunately he doesn't seem to be letting up. Unfortunately when Tajh started to get in some trouble later in the season, there wasn't anyone else really around him to help pick him back up.

I don't understand why fans are coming down on ESPN about this, it's essentially what Dabo and other coaches were saying last spring, and why they've orchestrated programs within the team to help try to build this characteristic in our players.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,361
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic