Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Labor Day is coming up and this is the beginning for my
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Labor Day is coming up and this is the beginning for my

Sep 1, 2020, 3:25 PM

favorite time of year. Deer season is just getting started and dove season kicks off Saturday. I normally feel the excitement leading up to this weekend, gathering with friends before heading to the dove field, high school football game, taking Myfavjr. to Darlington, boiling peanuts, fishing, grilling etc. I think you get the picture.

This year, I'm not really excited. Something is missing, you guessed it, CLEMSON and college football. It just doesn't feel the same. I'm going to have fun of course but it'll not be same.

Stay safe everyone and I hope you enjoy your Labor Day weekend!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only boiled peanuts this way are in a can.

Sep 1, 2020, 3:29 PM

Be thankful!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only boiled peanuts this way are in a can.

Sep 1, 2020, 3:40 PM

That is absolutely sad. Need to ask your local grocery or roadside stand to order you some fresh green peanuts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s so bad my mom Has carried some on frozen to us when she flies out to see us.

Sep 1, 2020, 4:40 PM

Last year she sent us some green ones in a box from eastern NC and by the time they got here a bunch of them had mold on it. It was just sad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My heart aches for you . . .

Sep 1, 2020, 6:16 PM

too sad to believe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s so bad my mom Has carried some on frozen to us when she flies out to see us.

Sep 2, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to It’s so bad my mom Has carried some on frozen to us when she flies out to see us. ]

That is what happens when fresh stuff out the field is sent through the mail if it hasn't been vacuumed packed!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here’s sad

Sep 1, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to The only boiled peanuts this way are in a can. ]

I can’t have ANY boiled peanuts...not even the canned ones. I am on a strict, physician ordered low sodium diet. Can’t bring myself to boil peanuts without salt!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Labor Day is coming up and this is the beginning for my

Sep 1, 2020, 3:29 PM

Stay hydrated and get your 15 early on Saturday!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 3:40 PM

sure will. I hope to bag the limit.

I haven't hunted for many years, but I do remember a

Sep 1, 2020, 5:05 PM

couple things.

Doves would not play fair and fly in a straight line like ducks.

And, deers would NEVER get anywhere near me, unless I was driving a vehicle trying to avoid them.

Similar luck with fishing, only more expensive, is why I finally quit that stuff and took up golf again.

I never failed to be able to find a golf course when I went looking for one. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those deer are gonna catch he!! this year!

Sep 1, 2020, 5:49 PM

Along with the hogs, doves and ducks! The turkeys caught he!! in the spring because people were tired of staying around the house!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whitetails aren't too excited either

Sep 1, 2020, 6:49 PM

since we're going to be spending more time in the woods.

Really?

Sep 1, 2020, 9:20 PM

With 180K dead and 6M + cases (and growing) you complain? With all you have and the only real "hit" is waiting a week on football? Seems to me you should be on your knees grateful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really?

Sep 1, 2020, 9:26 PM

He's right.

Last year when no one died, that was the time to not be grateful.

Shame on you and I'm declaring one extra week of mask wearing as your punishment

I'm grateful every day and I don't mind wearing my mask.

Sep 2, 2020, 8:11 AM

And you have a nice day.

I believe you misunderstood my post. I'm not complaining,

Sep 2, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Really? ]

I'm saying I will miss football this weekend. Trust me, I know what is going on with the virus and in this country. I have prayed to God our Father for help and healing during this time and thanked Him for the blessings I have. With that, have a nice day.

Re: I believe you misunderstood my post. I'm not complaining,

Sep 2, 2020, 9:07 AM

Just a pot stirrer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe you misunderstood my post. I'm not complaining,

Sep 2, 2020, 9:19 AM

I don't see where I was complaining and never said I was ungrateful. But to each his own.

Sep 1, 2020, 9:35 PM

You misspelled Dear..

HTH

Sep 2, 2020, 5:45 PM

Boyz Boyz, now now stop kicking dust on each other ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 9:37 PM

Dang #### now I want a pumpkin spiced and go to apple festival. Warwick, NY has a really good Apple fest. Good times, love the fall.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic