Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reagan Upshaw & LaVonta Bentley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Reagan Upshaw & LaVonta Bentley

Nov 16, 2020, 4:45 PM

Any chance that we see either of these guys transition over to MLB at some point?! I can’t believe that Jake & Kane are our only option this many weeks after Skalski’s injury.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reagan Upshaw & LaVonta Bentley

Nov 16, 2020, 6:17 PM

Regan's a 'True' DE..

Greg came as a LB..
But, like Jordan Williams, he outgrew the position..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reagan Upshaw & LaVonta Bentley

Nov 17, 2020, 5:29 PM

Something about 5’10” 238lbs just doesn’t scream “true” DE to me at all. Sounds more like a Keith Adams 2.0 to me. And we need all the help we can get in the middle. Jake had Ian Book looking like Lamar Jackson was running the QB draw all game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well.. Regan hasn't looked all that bad..

Nov 17, 2020, 9:17 PM

Considering he's 5"11..

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LaVonta Bentley

Nov 17, 2020, 9:27 PM

Upshaw likely doesn't have the change of direction enough to play LB or something! Otherwise, yes at 5'11 238 he is Kendall Joseph all over again.

L. Bentley is a kid I have through the ceiling hopes for. I think he must be still grasping the playbook enough for the coaches to trust him or something. But, pure talent/speed/instincts as a LB he has them all.

You wonder if he is a gamer! Maybe he doesn't practice well - but come game time he "just makes plays"! Many a times guys like that have to "learn how to practice"! They can play and could play all along - but didn't show it enough for the coach to trust them. With Jake - you trust him because he has played a bunch of snaps and knows the playbook.
Sometimes though - OJT is the best way to go! Not fitting that gap - get it on film! Not keeping leverage - get it on film. Not playing with good eye discipline - get it on film. I trust our coaches and know they will do the right thing.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic