Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LUNGE PSA: If you ever have to have shoulder surgery...DON'T
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 689

LUNGE PSA: If you ever have to have shoulder surgery...DON'T

Jan 11, 2021, 10:19 AM

OMG

I have had knee and back surgery and this shoulder surgery by far was the worst. And the PT is AWFUL.

Do yourself a favor and just cut your arm off if it comes down to it.

You're welcome.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't you young?

Jan 11, 2021, 10:19 AM

you're sounding older than bengaline

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

42, but feel like I'm 82

Jan 11, 2021, 10:20 AM

played sports all my life and now it's catching up to me I guess.

Rotator cuff? Or shoulder replacement?

Jan 11, 2021, 10:23 AM

Mom has rotator cuff surgery and it SUCKED just like you said. It never really got better so they ended up doing shoulder replacement. That rehab was as bad or worse.

Grandmother, mother, and brother all had rotator cuff surgery. I am just waiting on mine to get bad enough to go under the knife.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're going to have to start using your feet

Jan 11, 2021, 10:25 AM

to rub guys out at truck stops

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

start?***

Jan 11, 2021, 10:28 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine was AC joint repair and a labrum tear repair

Jan 11, 2021, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Rotator cuff? Or shoulder replacement? ]

so not quite as bad as a torn rotator cuff. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Good luck man!***

Jan 11, 2021, 10:54 AM

I have a small tear in my labrum for the right shoulder

Jan 11, 2021, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Mine was AC joint repair and a labrum tear repair ]

Hurts when I throw a baseball for too long. Can't do static over-head weight exercises (Turkish Getups and other cross-fit bullshit like that).

Doc says "It's not too bad and not worth the pain and trouble of the surgery. Just work on some strengthening exercises. Unless you're going to go hard core into sports again, it's not worth it."

Glad to know he and I made the right decision :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

I've had an impingement for 20 years.

Jan 11, 2021, 10:26 AM

You aren't making me want to fix it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had three of them, and 100% agree about the PT. It is

Jan 11, 2021, 10:27 AM

a solid gold BEYOTCH. It literally had me crying at several points after my third surgery, which was a repeat of my second surgery, due to scar tissue essentially locking up the shoulder joint. When they tell you they have to go in and scramble up scar tissue, and then do the rehab again to try and regain range of motion, that is exactly really as bad as it sounds.

I'm with you, brother, hang in there. Like I said, the PT is Heyall, but if you don't do it, the results of the surgery will not be what you wanted. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks. Went to doc back in July as mine had gotten worse

Jan 11, 2021, 10:35 AM

steroid shot and exercises seem to have helped. I think I can throw a ball underhanded now - but really do not want to try anything overhanded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd stay away from neck surgery too....year and a half later

Jan 11, 2021, 10:37 AM

Still have sore traps after breaking C1, C2 and C3....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Push hard through the PT, don't want to get a frozen

Jan 11, 2021, 10:49 AM

shoulder! My dad had that the second time he broke his scapula, super highly do not recommend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Absolutely right. I got frozen shoulder even while DOING

Jan 11, 2021, 11:16 AM

the rehab from rotator cuff surgery. The PT is terrible, but frozen shoulder, and having to have surgery AGAIN to break up the scar tissue that causes it, is MUCH worse. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watch people at PT all the time who've had.........

Jan 11, 2021, 11:33 AM

shoulder surgery. You can see the tears in there eyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Son’s a DPT. He recommends exhausting PRE-surgery PT options

Jan 11, 2021, 11:36 AM

and avoiding surgery if possible.

There are many highly qualified and skilled orthopedic surgeons who do excellent work. But once cut, patient has to HEAL and then regain range of motion and strength. Plus there is always a degree of risk with any hospital stay, out patient surgery (obviously less) and success rate of procedure. Albeit some surgeries simply cannot he avoided.

Apologize for soap box, recognize most of above is common knowledge.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 689
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic