Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU...and OU's "DB"s....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

LSU...and OU's "DB"s....

Dec 30, 2019, 12:59 PM

Watching the LSU/OU game, the only OU DB that would actually turn and play the BALL was #11 Motley. Every one of our DBs WILL play the ball. OU dropped one SURE pick-6 and I feel one other that would have at least put them on the LSU side of the 50 yd line when the game was at 28-14. Honestly, the game should/could have been only a 14 point lead for LSU at the half. (I also thought OU should have tried an onside kick after their second TD....it would not have hurt ANYTHING...and especially try again after halftime...)

It seemed like OU did not practice defense during the break. The Bama/OU game last year, Bama started off up 28-0....but, OU had a better QB and WRs last year to start a comeback. This year's OU season started off great, but Jalen Hurts is not the passer Kyler Murray was at OU and defenses found that out as the season went along. Lastly, Trey Sermon being out and Hurts the only running threat=LSU with the ball more.

As long as our banged up team heals over the next two weeks, we got this! I am confident and have faith! We know our team and our coaches.

Also, maybe the fact the game is basically a home game for LSU will be a distraction for them.

GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU...and OU's "DB"s....

Dec 30, 2019, 1:03 PM

Yeah OU's D was just TERRIBLE. And it didn't help that OU's offense just kept giving them the ball. They loaded up and forced Jalen to beat them with his arm, and aside from Lamb, they had nothing. That DB #25 should have never even been on the field I think he got abused 3 times for TDs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2019, 1:07 PM

Exactly. Let's see LSPU load up and try and force Trevor to throw to Tee, Justyn, Amari and Travis. Fine by me.

Dec 30, 2019, 1:12 PM

ddclemson said:

Exactly. Let's see LSPU load up and try and force Trevor to throw to Tee, Justyn, Amari and Travis. Fine by me.

I don’t know that we’re going to force Trevor to throw a lot but we’re going to force him to Run(that may not be a good thing… The dude got some wheels). I promise you the defensive backfield at Ohio State is pedestrian compared to what they will face in New Orleans.

Our defense is a lot like your team. Very underestimated. We started out very slow due to some injuries and suspensions. If you’ll notice towards the end of the year we started finding our groove. We’ve only allowed 45 points in the last three games. Add to that our best outside linebacker has been gone the last three games… He returns in New Orleans. I think we will have some success pressuring Trevor Lawrence however your offense of line is very very good. If we have sacks, I believe they will be covered sacks.

I don't understand how LSU fans think their DBs are so

Dec 30, 2019, 1:20 PM

much better than OSUs. OSU has the top corner in the country and i believe the #1 pass defense this season. They were loaded in the secondary plus have/had a better pass rush than LSU. Your DBs are good but i don't think they are better and they certainly aren't A LOT better.

Re: I don't understand how LSU fans think their DBs are so

Dec 30, 2019, 6:24 PM

much better than OSUs. OSU has the top corner in the country and i believe the #1 pass defense this season. They were loaded in the secondary plus have/had a better pass rush than LSU. Your DBs are good but i don't think they are better and they certainly aren't A LOT better.

Stingley is a true freshman and a consensus first team all american. Bednarik semifinalist

Fulton 2nd team all sec and 1st round nfl talent

Delpit First team all sec, Jim Thorpe finalist and 1st round draft pick.

I'd say better than OSU and that is saying a lot with the talent they have.

Dec 30, 2019, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU...and OU's "DB"s.... ]

Yeah, but lets be honest here Georgia nor Texas A&M are world beaters on offense. 61st and 72th in the country respectability. I think LSU is a great team, but Clemson has played statistically better offenses this year. I think LSU will have a hard time planning for Lawrence's running abilities, ETN, and the receivers. It's gonna be a pick your poison type of game. You will 100% disagree with me, but I think as a whole Ohio State was a better team than LSU.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU...and OU's "DB"s.... ]

Our defense is not underestimated. It is genuinely terrific. And everyone knows it. Just ask 'Bammer, Notre Dame and OSU.

Dec 30, 2019, 6:00 PM

Watching the LSU/OU game, the only OU DB that would actually turn and play the BALL was #11 Motley. Every one of our DBs WILL play the ball. OU dropped one SURE pick-6 and I feel one other that would have at least put them on the LSU side of the 50 yd line when the game was at 28-14. Honestly, the game should/could have been only a 14 point lead for LSU at the half. (I also thought OU should have tried an onside kick after their second TD....it would not have hurt ANYTHING...and especially try again after halftime...)

It seemed like OU did not practice defense during the break. The Bama/OU game last year, Bama started off up 28-0....but, OU had a better QB and WRs last year to start a comeback. This year's OU season started off great, but Jalen Hurts is not the passer Kyler Murray was at OU and defenses found that out as the season went along. Lastly, Trey Sermon being out and Hurts the only running threat=LSU with the ball more.

As long as our banged up team heals over the next two weeks, we got this! I am confident and have faith! We know our team and our coaches.

Also, maybe the fact the game is basically a home game for LSU will be a distraction for them.

GO TIGERS!!!

If you look at the teams and scores of Oklahoma's last few games. They had been scraping by. As you said, "teams started treating him like an accurate passer and he couldn't deliver late in the season"! Having to hit tighter windows and defenses playing different coverage's really slowed them down. That and playing a manageable schedule early. Including Texas!
Throw in basically being down 4 players and they were never going to be in the game with LSU.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic