Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU reminds me of the 1990’s teams of the Florida Marlins. LSU was basically put
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

LSU reminds me of the 1990’s teams of the Florida Marlins. LSU was basically put

Sep 30, 2020, 5:40 AM

together for a NC but not for long term consistency. Just the opposite of how Dabo built Clemson’s program for sustainable long term success. LSU like the 1990’s Florida Marlins would build a team for success that one season then they would drop back down to an average team. Dabo struggled for a few years while building an Elite team designed for long term success. Ed O could learn from Dabo’s system.

Ed O put together a team for built for quick success, like last year’s team. But I don’t believe he can build LSU in to a top tier team built to be successful long term. I believe he will be out at LSU within 3 to 4 years. He found a quick 1 year fix much like the Marlins. The coots have been looking for that same quick fix for several years, but they just can’t find it.

Being selfish I hope Dabo can keep his staff intact for several more years.

What are your thoughts??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last year was a perfect storm for LSWho...

Sep 30, 2020, 8:03 AM

and even during their unprecedented run, pretty much everyone but Corndog fans and a few of members of E$ecPN's brain trust, like Booger McFarland, universally acknowledged they were likely a one hit wonder.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think he can have sustained success

Sep 30, 2020, 8:33 AM

but probably not at an elite level consistently.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU reminds me of the 1990’s teams of the Florida Marlins. LSU was basically put

Sep 30, 2020, 8:46 AM

I've compared them to Auburn 2010 then post Cam.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

And it was mostly paid for with Alum NFL player under the

Sep 30, 2020, 9:08 AM

table funding. What would you expect from a scumbag like Ed "Smack the Ladies" Orgeron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU’s foundations are

Sep 30, 2020, 9:41 AM

built on sand and mud. Nothing built like that stands for long.

Re: LSU reminds me of the 1990’s teams of the Florida Marlins. LSU was basically put

Sep 30, 2020, 9:32 AM

I think LSU can be just like last year every single time they combine an elite offensive coordinator with an elite QB.

Unfortunately for LSU fans, that combination hasn't come around but for one year in the history of their program.

The reason those 2 spots took them over the edge is because LSU has always had supreme athletes scattered everywhere around the field on both sides of the ball.

They will continue to have amazing athletes, with slightly fewer after a mass exodus like last draft, but it won't matter in the big games unless they have the QB and OC to finish the job.

Sep 30, 2020, 6:25 PM

TigersO said:

I think LSU can be just like last year every single time they combine an elite offensive coordinator with an elite QB.

Unfortunately for LSU fans, that combination hasn't come around but for one year in the history of their program.

The reason those 2 spots took them over the edge is because LSU has always had supreme athletes scattered everywhere around the field on both sides of the ball.

They will continue to have amazing athletes, with slightly fewer after a mass exodus like last draft, but it won't matter in the big games unless they have the QB and OC to finish the job.

Exactly right! Joe Burrow was a pro QB last year who was playing in college. Joe Brady was a NFL caliber offensive mind at the college level "with superior" talent to most opponents. If the talent was equal - because of the number of years old Burrow was around combined with Joe Brady's offensive mindset/plays - plus the players combination - it just made them tough to beat( for one season ).

In my opinion - take away any of that and they fail last season. Take away Joe Brady or Burrow and they do not lift the trophy.
Both are gone now! Lightning in a bottle, I tell ya! It was just simply - "the perfect storm for the corndog bunch"! Good for them for last year! Not the long term thing that will make them successful though.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He basically did the same thing that Kentucky basketball

Sep 30, 2020, 9:35 AM

perfected for awhile. Get yerself a crop of superbly talented "One and Done" players and coaches, win a Natty, and then watch the talent hit the bricks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU football had seven losing seasons in the 1990's. Can

Sep 30, 2020, 9:39 AM

anyone name a national power with 7 losing seasons in one of the last three decades?

LSU was nothing until Saban came along in the early 2000's. The 2020 version of LSU is going to be lucky to win 7 games.

Re: LSU football had seven losing seasons in the 1990's. Can

Sep 30, 2020, 1:12 PM

LSU was held up by a racist NAACP leader who got N.O. coaches to boycott LSU in the 90s. LSU got out of that jam when the racist got convicted of child molestation, then NOLA kids returned.

Since 2000 LSU bas been back, including 3 Nattys which is more than CU in that time.

Winning at LSU, in the SEC-W, ain't easy. LSU played 7 Top Ten teams in '19, and won 10 games in '18 while beating 4 Top Ten teams. To have a good season LSU usually has to beat ~ 4 Top Ten teams. How often has Clemson beat 4 Top Ten teams?

In the last 17 years SEC has won 11 NCs. LSU won 3 and played the other 8.

This year LSU will become much better as season goes on but again the schedule is brutal. Losing 5 games is not unlikely.

OTOH LSU has won at least 8 games for the past 20 seasons, not bad considering the extreme schedule. Won'r happen this year tho.

Sep 30, 2020, 1:23 PM

When you start talking about how difficult your schedule is, we expect you to end your post talking about women's basketball recruiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You definitely had a great team last year. I will say I was

Sep 30, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU football had seven losing seasons in the 1990's. Can ]

never a fan of the BCS. Two of your four titles were during the BCS period, too much subjectivity with the team selections. The formula was awful.

Your 1958 title was a shared National Title with Iowa. You beat Clemson 7-0 for that shared title. All four of LSU's National Titles were played in Louisiana.

Clemson has three National Titles, won the 1981 National title against Nebraska in Miami, 2016 beat Alabama in Tampa, and 2018 beat Alabama 44-16 in Santa Clara California.

LSU 2019=Auburn 2010 Orgeron=Chizik LSU 2020<Auburn 2011***

Sep 30, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU football had seven losing seasons in the 1990's. Can ]

BTW there is no such thing as a 2 loss national champion. Apparently nobody really wanted it in 2007 so they had to give it to somebody. Claim it if you want but national champions don’t lose to Arkansas and (cough,cough) Kentucky.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU football had seven losing seasons in the 1990's. Can ]

Lol, SEC schedule!!! Ha ha! Mizzou says hi corndog!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to LSU football had seven losing seasons in the 1990's. Can ]

Tennesee tried and failed.

7 losing seasons from 2005-2017. If it wasn't for Kiffin 7-5 solo year.... they would have done it.

Sep 30, 2020, 4:51 PM

You could say the same about the way Oklahoma finds QB success, but they have been able to do it year after year.

LSU is in a talent rich area and they get the players they want.

Their performance just hasn't match their talent level.

Sep 30, 2020, 7:37 PM

Only difference between then and the Marlins is the Marlins never came up with enough cash to keep their players

LSU still has more NCs than Clemson

Oct 1, 2020, 2:25 PM

"Two of your four titles were during the BCS period, too much subjectivity with the team selections. The formula was awful.

Your 1958 title was a shared National Title with Iowa. You beat Clemson 7-0 for that shared title. All four of LSU's National Titles were played in Louisiana."

LSU beat whoever was there by whichever formula and won. Your biased judgement don't matter.

'58 title was "shared" with 7-1-1 Iowa, a testament to how much the South was belittled by the national media. Only one of many polls was that bad, all others had LSU.

None of the games were played at LSU. In the last 3 games LSU spent the same time in N.O. as the opponents. The fields are 100yds long everywhere. The crowds aren't allowed om the field.

Oct 16, 2020, 12:31 PM

Florida Marlins. I thought that too. They always had a fire sale after they won the WS. Teams like that kept the Braves from winning a few more.

Actually I think it was just dumb luck***

Oct 16, 2020, 12:31 PM

Re: Actually I think it was just dumb luck***

Oct 16, 2020, 5:38 PM

SavageTiger3901
Actua­lly I think it was just dumb luck***

Dumb Luck thoroughly kikked Clemson's butt.

Re: Actually I think it was just dumb luck***

Oct 16, 2020, 11:28 PM

Dumb is posting here after running your mouth about how great your program still is then losing to MIZZOU!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic