Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU over OU, why is everyone so sure?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

LSU over OU, why is everyone so sure?

Dec 24, 2019, 8:49 PM

LSU has a suspect defense and OU is very good at scoring points. I think OU outscores LSU and we have our first CFP Championship game without an SEC team.
Tell me why I am wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LSU has a QB who can read defenses and go

Dec 24, 2019, 8:52 PM

through progressions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU has a QB who can read defenses and go

Dec 24, 2019, 9:00 PM

Texas took them to the wire. I think Jalen Hurts
( even though he’s not the greatest passing QB), has played LSU on multiple occasions and knows some of their tendencies, he knows what it takes to beat them and he’s been on big stages before. I kind of like the kid. Make no mistake, it will probably be a shootout. Possibly and 49-47 type of game. I think LSU wins but I will say it wouldn’t surprise me if Chokla upsets.

Dec 24, 2019, 9:15 PM

L$U is a better team now than they were when they played Texas. Just like we’re a better team than when we played The tar holes.

Dec 24, 2019, 9:26 PM

We were a good team when we played the Tarhole, our guy were just to over confident that it would be a cake walk, and they played careless and sloppy, and that hasn't happened again bc they learned well that playing over confident can cause them to get bitten!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That close game was NOT due to mere overconfidence . . .

Dec 25, 2019, 12:27 AM

there may have indeed been some overconfidence in the beginning, but by the mid-2nd quarter when we still found ourselves in a dog fight, - had it been mere overconfidence, they could have snapped back to reality at that point and taken it over. Clemson definitely played sub-par, but it was a combination of that and UNC's defensive coordinator coaching his butt off and their D making some great plays, staying in position, etc.

Dec 24, 2019, 10:22 PM [ in reply to LSU has a QB who can read defenses and go ]

Chill dude! Jalen Hurts put the would be dagger in us in 2016 if not for the Goat doing what the GOAT do. If he can run with Watson he damb sure can run with Kevin McCallister.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU over OU, why is everyone so sure?

Dec 24, 2019, 8:56 PM

Football is quickly becoming "just offense"! Most people look at Joe Burrow's accuracy rate and go, "no way they don't score a bunch on a Big 12 defense"!

Oklahoma is use to shoot outs! LSU's defense is playing better of late - but the offenses they have faced have struggled against "regular opponents"! A&M and Georgia! Oklahoma is not a regular offense to defend. Lincoln Riley and a motivated QB have had extra time to prepare for the LSU defense and I think they score with LSU.

I am not convinced they score enough exactly; but wouldn't be shocked!

So in short - people love offense is my answer to why people are so sure!

Not me - I love defense - football is still enjoyable to me if the score is 21 - 17. I don't need a score every 5 minutes.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 9:13 PM

So many of LSU's big plays come out of their 'bunch' or 'pod' sets, if a DC has a good plan to defend that it can make a huge difference.

But then you also have to defend Edwards-Helaire out of the backfield and Burrow's scrambling ability.

Nobody yet has handled all 3.

I doubt OK can either, but I'd love to find out.

Dec 24, 2019, 10:36 PM

Its not a matter of knowing how to defend the bunch sets, Its a matter of having the necessary speed to do it with man. Zone opens up the run too much.

Dec 24, 2019, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU over OU, why is everyone so sure? ]

Its not a matter of knowing how to defend the bunch sets, Its a matter of having the necessary speed to do it with man. Zone opens up the run too much.

Dec 24, 2019, 9:59 PM

LSU can score points too and OK's defense isn't very goiod either, plus OK is missing a bunch of players.

Dec 24, 2019, 10:07 PM

Ok. Because LSU CAN play defense. They just have been hot/cold. They have dudes, they have solid coaches. I think personally they got a but lazy at times knowing the offense could always score more. Oklahoma had a few defensive players, but they are kind of small up front and I see them getting worn down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2019, 10:15 PM

Why, you ask? Because LSU is better on both sides of the ball. OU's defense is complete trash. LSU's defense isn't great but there is no comparison.

At some point OU will fold. Jalen Hurts is great but he can't do it all. If he isn't even the best QB in the game, OU is doomed.

Then you have the suspensions which make it even more lopsided.

Dec 24, 2019, 10:31 PM

You guys keep talking about how LSU has a better Defense than Oklahoma, but they don't. Oklahoma is 25th in the country and they played 4 top 25 Offenses. LSU is sitting at 32 while playing 2 offenses ranked in the top 25. Also in those 2 games they gave up over 1300 yards and 78 points.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Advanced stats like LSUs defense more

Dec 24, 2019, 10:44 PM

My eyes certainly do as well.

Well, if Auburn could have completed a forward pass they

Dec 25, 2019, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: LSU over OU, why is everyone so sure? ]

would have beaten LSU in Baton Rouge. Auburn lost 23-20.

Ole Miss rolled up 611 yards of total offense on LSU in week #10 of the season. Four teams; Ole Miss, Bama, Texas, and Vandy all scored at least 37 points on LSU. Florida scored 28 in Baton Rouge (UF had 457 yards of offense). It was a back and forth game until the 4th quarter. LSU has given up a lot points and yardage in both the beginning and end of the season. Yes, they kept A&M and UGA under wraps, but Fisher plays a slow down game, and that fits right in to LSU's defense. Then there is UGA's offense, well, it just stinks.

LSUs defense is less suspect than some people

Dec 24, 2019, 10:42 PM

are trying to make it out to be, their offense has been virtually unstoppable, OUs best pass rusher is suspended, Hurts has been turning the ball over at an alarming rate, and OU hasnt really had a convincing win since around late September. Also, LSU finished the season beating A&M 50-7 and crushing Georgia so they may be peaking.

On the other side, OU has riley and it looks like LSUs RB is going to miss the game with a hammy.

I just see way more reasons to like LSU and I would be surprised if the game is even particularly close. I think LSU wins something like 45-28 or 45-21.

I think Chokelahoma could beat them. I don't get why that is

Dec 25, 2019, 8:31 AM

such a foreign concept. We of all fanbases should know what happens when a team is motivated by disrespect. I think Hurts shows up and OU boat races them.

And I'm gonna laugh.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Dec 25, 2019, 10:01 AM

You never know, that's why you play the game. If LSU is going to lose a game this season, OU is one of the few teams with the talent to beat them. But if both teams play their A game, LSU wins. Though I will say I think Lincoln Riley is a smarter coach than Shrek.

SEC speed

Dec 25, 2019, 12:58 PM

;)

SEC must win or else eSECpn will implode and we'll never get to watch their broadcasts anymore.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC speed

Dec 25, 2019, 1:09 PM

I believe the SEC is way down this year and OK takes em out in a shootout.

Dec 25, 2019, 1:10 PM

I think Oklahoma has a great chance. However, you are wrong about it being the first non-sec championship. OSU beat Oregon in the title game a few years back.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic