Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
what do you guys want to happen in LSU/Bama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

what do you guys want to happen in LSU/Bama?

Nov 4, 2015, 11:15 AM

I really can't decide. I just hope either way it's a blowout so that it knocks out one of the teams for good

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well the dream scenario over there probably involves Bama

Nov 4, 2015, 11:20 AM

winning and then Ole Miss winning out to win the SECW with 2 losses, so I'll probably pull for that. OTOH, LSU winning eliminates Bama, and LSU still has to play Ole Miss and A&M later so there's potential for that to work out as well, but it doesn't seem quite as likely.

Re: Well the dream scenario over there probably involves Bama

Nov 4, 2015, 12:15 PM

The regular season needs to mean something. That is playing out well in the SEC and ACC. The purpose of a conference should be to determine the best team over the course of the whole season to represent the conference in the CFB Playoff. That needs to be determined on the field. Alabama has put itself in a hole losing to Ole Miss. FSU is not in bad shape because they lost to a non-contender for the division, creating a one game playoff for the division. If Alabama and
Clemson take care of business they are still in the picture for the playoff picture. If they both lose, it would be almost impossible for either to stay in consideration for the playoff because of the failure to win their first qualifier. That brings up the fallacy of a 4 team playoff. A Power 5 conference champion and perhaps several teams that may deserve a place in the playoff cannot prove it on the field

LSU over Bama to eliminate them. Ole Miss over LSU...***

Nov 4, 2015, 11:21 AM

I think Ark could beat LSU next week coming off the Bama

Nov 4, 2015, 11:36 AM

game. Definitely want LSU to knock Bama out this week.

^^^^^^ This!

Nov 5, 2015, 11:44 AM [ in reply to LSU over Bama to eliminate them. Ole Miss over LSU...*** ]

bama losing to lsu knocks out bama, ole miss beating lsu knocks out lsu because ole miss would win the sec west, and then we need ole miss to beat florida in the sec championship and then there is no way an sec team gets in the playoff.

^^^THIS^^^***

Nov 5, 2015, 12:09 PM [ in reply to LSU over Bama to eliminate them. Ole Miss over LSU...*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

^^^THIIISSSSSSS!^^^******

Nov 5, 2015, 1:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to see Bama win...

Nov 4, 2015, 11:22 AM

Just to possibly get payback from 2008 in the semis or NC game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All In, All The Time...1314797352813

Bama to win it...then all sec teams have 1 loss***

Nov 4, 2015, 11:25 AM

in case you haven't noticed, Bama is still undefeated

Nov 4, 2015, 11:38 AM

;)

Re: in case you haven't noticed, Bama is still undefeated

Nov 5, 2015, 11:34 AM

Wanna bet?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: in case you haven't noticed, Bama is still undefeated

Nov 5, 2015, 11:47 AM

Re: what do you guys want to happen in LSU/Bama?

Nov 4, 2015, 11:25 AM

I think I have the whole scenario boiled down. To answer your question, I am hoping for an LSU win. That way Bama has two losses and is out completely. If Bama wins, you could end up with both of them hanging around. But then I also hope Ole Miss wins out, and by beating LSU, wins the west. UF wins the East, and if FSU can lost to us, yet beat the Gators, it all works out. After that, it dosnt really matter who wins the SEC. You will not have an SEC team in the playoff. a Two loss SEC Champ wont make it in. I guess if we had to pull for anyone in that conference, it really just needs to be Ole Miss. If they win out, that means they have beaten LSU, and handed Florida at best their 2nd loss, and no way a one loss, not conference champ LSU gets put in. Ole Miss is the key.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I would be thinking is which would would I rather play?

Nov 4, 2015, 11:32 AM

In the playoff semi-final or final. What happens in that game will have nothing to do with whether Clemson is in or not. But it could have something to do with whether Clemson wins the whole thing or not.

not that concerned with either to be honest

Nov 4, 2015, 11:34 AM

they are not explosive offenses and I think our defense could hold them in check and Watson and company could put up enough points to get a win

Re: not that concerned with either to be honest

Nov 4, 2015, 11:52 AM

exactly, neither Bama or LSU scare me offensively. Fournette is a great back, but their quarterback is not very good. same thing (but worse quarterback) with Bama. Never thought I would say this, but I would rather face Alabama than LSU, I think. Hell let's play Bama in the semis and LSU in the championship game. Then those buffoons in Columbia can't say we didn't beat the best.

I don't think it matter which of those two gets a seed.

Nov 4, 2015, 11:59 AM [ in reply to What I would be thinking is which would would I rather play? ]

IMO, a week's prep is long enough to stop the running game of either. I'd rather have the time between the CCG and the first round to prepare for OSU or the other non SEC teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly I'm much less worried about those types of teams

Nov 4, 2015, 12:29 PM [ in reply to What I would be thinking is which would would I rather play? ]

in comparison to Baylor/TCU with the crazy offenses, or OSU with all of the talent (and Meyer). Given the choice I'd probably rather face a Les Miles teams in the playoff than a Saban team, but both of those teams are in trouble offensively if you contain their running games.

yes. Baylor/TCU both somewhat scare me***

Nov 4, 2015, 12:37 PM

Re: What I would be thinking is which would would I rather play?

Nov 5, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to What I would be thinking is which would would I rather play? ]

Line us up with ANYONE this year. I like our chances. O & D are both strong. Only weakness is the kicking game. We certainly can play with anyone. Could lose, but we'd be competitive.

936 Overtimes that lasts until mid February.***

Nov 4, 2015, 11:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If LSU beats Bama, then they jump Clemson

Nov 4, 2015, 11:48 AM

Bama wins, they jump up to 2 or 3, and let ND in. I think Bama is going to stay in the top 4. I don't agree with it, but that's how it is seen by the powers that be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If LSU beats Bama, then they jump Clemson

Nov 4, 2015, 11:53 AM

Bama won't be in the top 4 if Ole Miss wins out. The committee said last year if you can't win your conference then you can't play for the title. If Ole Miss keeps winning they win the SEC by virtue of their win over Bama. I know it has been said before, but we need to be pulling for Swag and his boys if we really want to see the SEC left out.

Nov 5, 2015, 11:41 AM

Also a lot of fans on Tnet think if LSU beats Bama they will jump us, this is not the case however. If the Tigers play solid on both sides of the ball with better special teams play and throw FSU a convincing beat down, no one will jump us. A lot of you guys know this is our biggest game every year in this conference, FSU is the boogie man. We need to put the boogie man to sleep.

Go Tigers

Nov 4, 2015, 11:58 AM [ in reply to If LSU beats Bama, then they jump Clemson ]

LSU will not jump Clemson if we beat FSU by 2-3 touchdowns. We need a win in the range of 42 - 17, with another solid offensive performance.

Nov 4, 2015, 11:53 AM

I want LSU to win 6 - 3 and I want Bama to have 8 turnovers. If that happens, ESPiN will begin talking about how Bama is still the best team, but the 8 turnovers gave LSWho the game. The week following the game, we will hear about how LSWho and Bama have to 2 greatest defenses to ever play at the college level, and that Bama is the best 2 loss team ever and their losses are actually more impressive than any of the undefeated teams' wins.

Truth is that I want LSU to win by 80!

Nov 4, 2015, 12:04 PM

LSU to win in it. Even with the dream scenarios of no sec getting in the playoffs out there. The committee has sent a strong message that one way or the other they will make sure an sec team is in. So I just want Saban out of the playoffs so I don't have to hear his whining ### reasons after getting beat in said playoffs.

LSU

Nov 4, 2015, 12:07 PM

If they win out then they deserve to be in. If Bama wins out, they won't deserve it.

Nov 4, 2015, 12:39 PM

Bama has to lose at least 3-4 more games to actually have a loss that might count against them in the playoff system. Losing to teams that have 2 losses doesn't count if you are Bama.

I just wish that Memphis would play Bama and kick their butts, but that would not count either.

I'm still counting on Kevin Steele to ruin the LSU defense by the end of the season. They aren't confused enough yet. I don't see their hands waving in the air like the Keystone Cops yet, so LSU might beat Bama.

The Steele factor could come into play vs A&M***

Nov 5, 2015, 11:15 AM

I just hope it doesn't rain

Nov 5, 2015, 11:27 AM

Since I'll be there...

Nov 5, 2015, 11:31 AM

LSU

I'll lose my mind if it is an overtime and they switch spots***

Nov 5, 2015, 11:31 AM

Sinkhole?***

Nov 5, 2015, 11:36 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

open season for brother-sister secks?***

Nov 5, 2015, 11:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Can they both lose? That's what I want.***

Nov 5, 2015, 11:52 AM

It's only unthinkable if you don't think it.

Bama, they won't jump us with a win, LSU probably would.

Nov 5, 2015, 12:10 PM

Also, I want to play Bama in the title game. It would make for great headlines and a lot of attention to Dabo and Clemson even more so than other teams would.

Also, we haven't take them down yet, so its their turn!

Nov 5, 2015, 12:20 PM

I'd rather lsu win because they have a tougher remaining schedule but Alabama winning would be better short term.

LSU by 50 or Alabama bus crash

Nov 5, 2015, 12:41 PM

and many injured (no deaths) and they have to cancel rest of season. That's how sick I am of Bama favoritism.

If Bama and Ole Miss win out, Bama is in, 99.9% for sure. I'd bet any amount of money on this (Tmail me if interested). Committee has never said it's mandatory to win your conference. If Bama wins out and 1-loss LSU or Fla win SEC then a possibility Bama gets left out. It would depend on other teams. I think it's most likely LSU/Fla and Bama both get in.

Pulling for LSU, but don't really think The Hat can beat

Nov 5, 2015, 1:53 PM

Little Nicky when it counts, so Bama probably wins the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic