Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU offensive line is why Burrow is good.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

LSU offensive line is why Burrow is good.

Dec 30, 2019, 2:08 PM

LSU offensive line along with talented receivers. If Burrow was the starting Qb for Arkansas instead of LSU. Arkansas would have won 8 games max. Why you ask because burrow has time to eat a sandwich before he throws the football. He wouldn’t have that luxury with a average team. So before everyone says burrows the best Qb ever look at the team around him. Hopefully Clemson can get to him on the blitz and Venables and confuse him and force a interception or two. Go Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU offensive line is why Burrow is good.

Dec 30, 2019, 2:38 PM

7.73 seconds. He had 7.73 seconds on one of his plays from snap to the time the ball left his hands. No DB can cover for that long.

People want to talk about how well versed etc. etc. That was dang near the closest version of back yard football I have ever seen.

QB runs around until a receiver gets open.

OK rushed 3 and LSUck LT held every play

Dec 30, 2019, 2:40 PM

I saw him grab the top of the OK player's shoulder pads and turned him like a rag doll...

Dec 30, 2019, 2:40 PM

Any great passing quarterback has to have a great offense of line… Thanks for the insight Nostradamus.

Posts like that aren't very respectful my friend

Dec 30, 2019, 2:48 PM

Just saying.

Dec 30, 2019, 2:43 PM

Their O-line is good at pass protection but it's only one reason why Burrow is so good. He also does very well when conditions are not ideal because his pocket presence is the best I've ever seen in college, he's very mobile and can complete passes while on the run.

That’s incredibly reductive

Dec 30, 2019, 2:45 PM

Yes the OL is very good but let’s not discredit what Burrow has done. He’s been very accurate, mobile in the pocket, eyes downfield, and super poised. He doesn’t make mistakes very often. Certainly having a great OL and good skill around him makes his job easier but if you drop 99% of the other QB’s in the country into his spot, they likely don’t have the same kind of numbers he has. And that’s not mentioning he’s the unquestioned leader of that team.

Lwesnot forget Justin Fields threw 40 TDs and 1 INT

Dec 30, 2019, 2:49 PM

Until he played us.

Dec 30, 2019, 2:59 PM

This is one of the dumbest posts ever. Against great competition he is completing nearly 80% of his passes. Suggest you check out end of fourth quarter against Texas and TD pass to Justin Jefferson. Texas had more blitzers than LSU could block and it was 3rd and long. Burrow stepped forward into the pass rush,jumped up and left, falling over his offensive lineman and threw a 15 yard strike that Jefferson took,70 yards for winning score. One of the best passes, thrown at a crucial time while off balance, that I have ever seen at college or pro level.

You could also check out a 15 yard TD pass against Georgia Southern that was thrown into such a tight window that you couldn't even see most of the receiver who was blanketed behind a defender.

Be very lucky to hold LSU to 35 points. Most likely LSU will score 45 points. On the other hand LSU defense is only above average and Clemson will be able to score.

So his 29 sacks are all on him then?***

Dec 30, 2019, 3:07 PM

How come they are 72nd in country for Sacks Allowed?

Dec 30, 2019, 3:08 PM

They gave up 30 so far this year, an average of 2.1 per game. They are lower rated than the coots.

By contrast, we are 7th in the country and allowed just 16.

I know, SEC schedule........

Re: How come they are 72nd in country for Sacks Allowed?

Dec 30, 2019, 3:25 PM

Greercat said:

They gave up 30 so far this year, an average of 2.1 per game. They are lower rated than the coots.

By contrast, we are 7th in the country and allowed just 16.

I know, SEC schedule........

No. No.
Our D is very talented. But we were dealing with a ton of injuries. So it took a long time to gel. Did not really field a healthy group until Texas A&M.

You guys will be lining up NFL 1st Rounders at 2 WRs, QB, and RB. You'll score. No question.
But it shouldn't be a walkover. Your folks will be going against three future 1st Round DBs. There will be a lot of talent on the field.

Re: How come they are 72nd in country for Sacks Allowed?

Dec 30, 2019, 8:18 PM

you saf

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic