Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU in 2020 and Bama in 2021 - Two best teams ever?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,430

LSU in 2020 and Bama in 2021 - Two best teams ever?

Jan 11, 2021, 12:31 PM

Many are making that case.

I say let us all WAIT until the game is played tonight before we even ENTERTAIN that idea! Calm down, pundits!

But, the way LSU and Alabama have destroyed teams in the regular season and the playoff does at the very least raise the question.

I’m thinking Alabama has way too much speed and strength for Ohio State and pounds them easily.

Played Indian Mound today - 38-39-77

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The consensus amongst college football experts is the...

Jan 11, 2021, 12:33 PM

2018 Clemson Tiger football team is the best in college football history. This is well documented.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Second and third behind this crowd. ^^^***

Jan 11, 2021, 12:35 PM

You know the team that beat the best 2018 Alabama team ever. Like a drum stick I might add.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For sure! 15-0 including our stomping what was........

Jan 11, 2021, 12:52 PM [ in reply to The consensus amongst college football experts is the... ]

considered to be one of Bama's best teams. There's no doubt our 2018 team ranks near the top.

Re: For sure! 15-0 including our stomping what was........

Jan 11, 2021, 5:42 PM

Ed Zachary! That Bama offense was the greatest offense ever! Held to 16 points.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson was the first 15-0 and definitive national champ

Jan 11, 2021, 12:35 PM

but I am sure we'll see the SEC bias all the way. Bama was in the game for about 13 minutes and was called the 'best ever' just moments before Clemson rolled them over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

We all heard that same nonsense in 2018...

Jan 11, 2021, 12:36 PM

before the epic beatdown in Santa Clara.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Do you mean offenses? Or team?

Jan 11, 2021, 12:36 PM

I'd say the offenses were really outstanding but the defenses for both aren't/weren't incredibly elite. So no. Not close. If you put the defense from 2016 on this Alabama team you might have a case.

LSU just found lightning in a bottle with the receivers they had and securing the Burrow transfer. But had you inserted the normal prototypical LSU QB then they would have been a 2/3 loss team.

Clemson 2018 throttled the most dominant team in SEC history.

Jan 11, 2021, 12:38 PM

Anyways you are on a coot’s level coming on here to beat your chest about other teams in your conference.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU in 2020 and Bama in 2021 - Two best teams ever?

Jan 11, 2021, 12:38 PM

Both teams' offenses are better than their opponents' defenses.

Neither team's "superstar" DB is as good as advertised.

Both teams have an elite go-to WR.

Both teams have an elite RB.

The difference in the game may come down to healthy Jones vs injured Fields. Fields is a far greater talent but if his injury hampers him then he may be at or below the level of Jones for the game.

I think Bama wins because OSU is coming off of a "revenge game" and won't have the same energy, but to say Bama's speed and strength are "way too much" for OSU is nonsense.

This isn't even the best Bama team in the last 5 years and maybe not top 2 when taking their defensive struggles into account. People just like to say "best ever" to get people excited and talking every single year when somebody wins a title.

it's hard to tell since Bama only played against weak SEC defenses all year

Jan 11, 2021, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

That was Bama in 2019 (2018 season)***

Jan 11, 2021, 12:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are so many sports shows, message boards and talk..

Jan 11, 2021, 1:23 PM

radio that topics like these generate buzz and get ratings...so of course its gonna be talked about and I think those teams are well within the argument. And all bias aside, so are the 2018 Clemson Tigers. We technically hold a higher margin of victory in both playoff games and if you recall, the 2018 Alabama team was said to be the greatest offense in college football history and Saban's best team. Food for thought.

Having said all of that, in my nearly 40 years of college football the 1995 Nebraska team is probably the most dominating I've watched. I mean, they beat a high-powered, undefeated #2 ranked Gator team in the national title by almost 6 touchdowns...not to mention obliterating several teams throughout that season...including multiple top 10 teams.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,430
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic