Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU has tough games not a tough schedule...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,196

LSU has tough games not a tough schedule...

Nov 7, 2019, 2:50 PM

Aside from Florida at home and Auburn at home they've played nobody and the Texas win isn't impressive when Texas gave up 50 to Kansas.

LSU gave up 40 nearly to VANDY the same team that put up 10 on UNLV.

LSU gave up 450 yards to a backup QB with a sprained knee missing a starting receiver.

Georgia Southern before Texas then northwestern state/vandy into Florida then Miss St into Auburn then a bye into Alabama. They have tune ups before every semi decent team to prepare for it and nobody is talking about it.

Alabama will expose them because I trust Nick Saban in two weeks prep 100x more than Coach O, Alabama wins and Alabama covers easily as long as the run game is at least mediocre.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU has tough games not a tough schedule...

Nov 7, 2019, 3:06 PM

You are going to be in for a shock. There is no different between tough games and a tough schedule. One makes up the other.

LSU is legit this year and Bama is the team that hasn't been challenged.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 3:10 PM

I believe what he is saying is that everybody is thinking Auburn and Florida are good because they gave LSU a close game.

He is instead thinking that LSU played close games with those teams because LSU is in fact overrated and has shown holes in other games against weaker competition.

Just because a game is close and tough to win does not mean that it should have been a tough game.

See our game against UNC that keeps being brought up over and over again as evidence.

That was a tough game for us, but UNC is not a tough team on the schedule.

Nov 7, 2019, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU has tough games not a tough schedule... ]

Vandy UF Texas all had the game of the year against them? Doubtful.

OU defense slowed texas down substantially more than LSU could giving up 220 less yards and 11 less points...

UofSC outplayed 2 teams that LSU has, UF and Vandy. They held UF to 100 less yards not including the missed false start and hold play and the obvious pick which added 85 yards and 14 points alone.

They slowed vandy to the tune of 200 less yards and 31 less points.

Miami slowed down UF who didn't have injuries in week one like they did vs LSU and on a neutral field not at LSU by 150 yards and 4 less points.

Let's not forget how good LSU is in the big game as they are pushing a decade without beating Alabama. I just don't see a 30 point turn around on the road with a defense that is playing substantially worse than any time in recent history I can remember. UofSC defense and OU defense have outplayed them against these "bigger" opponents.

Nov 7, 2019, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU has tough games not a tough schedule... ]

There's a large difference between tough games and a tough schedule if you have bye weeks and tune up games before all of your decent teams.

Nov 7, 2019, 5:48 PM

I don't know if I would go as far as to say Bama covers, but I do see a shootout game (unlike the recent past).

Typically Bama has feasted on LSU because LSU tried to mirror the "typical" Bama offense. This year both teams like to air it out significantly more.

I see a 35-31 type of game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 5:53 PM

I don't see any way that Bama scores less tagainst an LSU team who's having defensive troubles but now loses a DT LB and possibly Delpit who's a game time decision and a faster paced offense.

Nov 7, 2019, 6:00 PM

Do you see a way that Bama slows down LSU's passing attack?

Neither defense has been that great this year. Bama gave up 23 to USuCk, 31 to Ole Miss, 28 to A&M.

Let's also not forget Bama's offense only scored 28 against Tennessee as well, so their offense isn't unstoppable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2019, 6:11 PM

28 without Tua and no prep for Mac as starter, after one week of prep as the starter he was up 48-0 so I can promise you it's a difference. Also none of those compare to 38 and 400 yards vs Vandy. 500 yards to a backup QB who's #1 WR was out and that QB was injured. I don't for the life of me see Alabama stopping LSU's passing game but it's extremely similar to mimicking what Alabama did last year with multiple cross slants short if not open go deep. So I definitely think Alabama will be the most prepared to stop it. With that said that LSU team got blanked last year, if they start off slow I promise they will start thinking about it and it's over.

Nov 7, 2019, 6:15 PM

21 points 1/2 way through the 2nd when Tua was in the game.

Nov 7, 2019, 6:23 PM

SethSlyy said:

21 points 1/2 way through the 2nd when Tua was in the game.

What's glaring is Vandy really struggles on offense and they were able to score 38 points on LSU. Vandy did give up 66 but; they don't have the same athletes LSU has - so whether or not LSU would win was never a huge surprise. Giving up 38 points was though.

LSU only has 1266 rushing yards a game on 279 carries. Clemson in comparison has 2452 on 352 yards. What would happen if you "forced them to run it"? Would they panic? Would they get impatient and throw it into double and triple coverage where the other teams athletes are just as elite as their own? IDK; but that is a glaring thing to me.

Seth Slyy I agree - Overrated is correct!
Everyone is so high on LSU b/c we have never seen the Bayou Bengals with an offense! But, everyone must remember Alabama "rolled" these same teams last year by an average of 29.1 point a game.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,196
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic