Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU had an elite team, we have an elite program.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

LSU had an elite team, we have an elite program.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:50 AM

That's why we will be a favorite to get back to the playoffs for years to come. We just reload each year. Meanwhile, LSU has to go through some serious rebuilding.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU had an elite team, we have an elite program.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:51 AM

Serious rebuild? Do your homework.

Congrats on a great year and win

Jan 14, 2020, 11:55 AM

it's time to go home

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats on a great year and win

Jan 14, 2020, 11:56 AM

Nah. I have a permanent stake here now. All the crap y’all talking before the game. I don’t wanna hear that.

Message was edited by: Kelevra®

here or hear whichever***

Jan 14, 2020, 11:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats on a great year and win ]

"I don't wanna here that" - assume you meant "hear" instead of "here". LSU education??

To be the man you have to beat the man and LSU did just that. So congrats to LSU on the win - they earned it.

Now, as for next year I think LSU will be lucky to win the SEC West much less make it to the CFP playoffs. Burrow and LSU had a "lightening in a bottle" kind of year - doubt that happens with a new QB at LSU next year... Clemson, on the other hand, is built to make another run and has a lot of this past year's missing pieces already on campus waiting for Spring ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 12:57 PM

If we are going to make another run then we must do these few things.

1. Have more than just jump ball type receivers of the 6', 5" inch variety. Teams have caught on to this and it can be defended if the team is elite/very good in the secondary....
We drastically need a slot receiver to replace Renfrow. We went the entire season without one. No go to guy on 3rd down that is Mr. Clutch...... More speed instead of height. Fast route runners over the middle and the slant with yards after the catch. Didn't have it all year and it hurt us badly against a very good/elite secondary. It makes Trevor look bad but in reality there is nobody open.

2. The adjustments we made for losing our entire defensive line to the NFL worked against most every other team, but we're sorely missed not being able to get pressure on the QB with our 4 down lineman against an elite passing offense. We could only get pressure when we blitzed. Joe picked us apart when we blitzed. He would just throw the ball in the spot the linebacker or safety vacated. That must have happened 8-10 times.

3. Start a cornerback that will absolutely not let the wide receiver get behind him. I can understand giving up a big play once and getting burned, but not time after time. Terrell was plenty fast enough to not let this happen but was getting out positioned/out foxed over and over. CAN'T HAPPEN!

Ogre just locked down the state of Louisiana in recruiting.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:56 AM

They'll be competing with Bama for the next several years in the SEC West...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2020, 12:28 PM

ELITE PROGRAM????? Clemson is not elite, they just have the easiest path in ALLLL of college football.....

#### roaches coming out of the shadows!***

Jan 14, 2020, 12:31 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: #### roaches coming out of the shadows!***

Jan 14, 2020, 12:40 PM

Just like Clemson fans!!!!!! Y’all was on every board on the internet Hyping This overrated team........

Jan 14, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: LSU had an elite team, we have an elite program. ]

Clemson had one of the toughest roads in 2016 when we won it.

This year was pretty easy but proved we were elite by beating Ohio St.

I agree. Clemson will be back in the CFP in 2020.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:35 PM

LSU won't even win the SEC West.

LSU will be lucky if they're not on probation***

Jan 14, 2020, 12:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic