Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stoops, Meyer, Harbaugh
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,297

Stoops, Meyer, Harbaugh

Oct 27, 2020, 11:07 PM

The C0ckadoodle Coaching Wish List over at FGF

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stoops, Meyer, Harbaugh

Oct 27, 2020, 11:26 PM

I doubt even Harbaugh is dumb enough to accept the job of coot head football coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 11:36 PM

I don't know. The Coot administration is great at giving unbelievable retirement packages for coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2020, 12:15 AM

I could see Urban at Texas or the real USC.....not USCjr ever. Stoops nope. Harbaugh gets fired Michigan then maybe a small chance for Cooterville, Stoops and Meyer is just crazy unrealistic.

They can hire Stoops and Meyer.... they have never beat

Oct 28, 2020, 7:08 AM

Clemson either! Lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2020, 8:34 AM

I can see Ed Orgeron in a year or two after he's run out of LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...Stoops and Meyer aren't nearly as stupid as Spurrier

Oct 28, 2020, 9:04 AM

so to even remotely suggest those two would be interested in the HC positionat uof6c is just further evidence of their complete lack of self-awareness.

Their grossly over-inflated opinion of their program never ceases to amaze. For some reason, they seem to think its among the top jobs in college football when, in reality, it just isn't. In fact, I'm not sure it makes the top 30 or 40 nationally. Heck, there are at least 20 HC jobs in the southeast alone that would be better.

There is a good reason why they had to settle for NoChamp the last time around. It was because every other decent candidate either turned them down or withdrew their name from consideration. I suspect they'd encounter something similar again assuming they can manage to scrape-up enough to money to fire CussChamp.

We can only hope they hire Harbaugh.

That arrogant mouthy POS would be a great fit in that cesspool. He would also continue their losing tradition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: LOL...Stoops and Meyer aren't nearly as stupid as Spurrier

Oct 28, 2020, 9:17 AM

Harbaugh wouldn't take it. Does not have the recruiting roots in the region (have an issue with UM).

Both Mumble Mumble and Spurrier were established in the SE prior to taking the coot gig. (NC State/W&M for Lou). At least they would know the difference between Chester and Chesterfield. Harbaugh will take one look at the Pee Dee and be lost forever.

My guess is that they take a run at Hugh Freeze or McEwwwwlain. Any former SEC coach.

However, they would be smart trying to find some young new talent to career-kill but I don't think they are that smart. They will shove a lot of money at another failure than take a chance with less dollars on a young kid... which would be cheaper to buy out.

You can add Les Miles and Art Briles to their list....

Oct 28, 2020, 9:26 AM

The love to hire coaching retreads who had success and/or won championships at other programs.

One of the funniest things I ever saw, when Lou was coaching there, he lined the walls with pictures of the All-American players he coached while he was at Notre Dame.

Apparently their list of All-American's is similar to their list of championships.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Harbaugh would be a sizable upgrade over Muschamp***

Oct 28, 2020, 9:59 AM [ in reply to LOL...Stoops and Meyer aren't nearly as stupid as Spurrier ]

Harbaugh is an arrogant and mouthy dbag...

Oct 28, 2020, 10:39 AM

just like most of the uof6c fan base.

He's still a decent coach. I think his stint at Michigan

Oct 28, 2020, 5:33 PM

has shown he's not in the Saban, Dabo, Urban tier of coaches, but he's 47-18 with three 10-3 seasons in five years there. He hasn't been able to get past Ohio State, but nobody in that conference really has.

Re: He's still a decent coach. I think his stint at Michigan

Oct 28, 2020, 7:03 PM

Actually at this time, Dabo would have been 1-5 against the coots (counting interim year) or 0-5 against Spurrier if you didn't.

Harbaugh is 6 year in and while it was a painful previous 5 years he is still outpacing Dabo in that time (although not as much as a rebuild).

If UofM get rid of Harbaugh, well they will not have a 9 win season for the next 20 years. Because every coach worth their salt will look at Meechigan as not even giving a historic alum enough rope at nearly an averaged 10 win season outing.

He might not win a championship but that still puts him at least on Mark Richt level. And mark richt was better than just about anyone who didn't have a ring, snyder and welsh excluded.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,297
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic