Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots are hilarious
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Coots are hilarious

Dec 16, 2020, 10:53 AM

So i scrolled over to the fantasy forum and i did not get disappointed.
Some of those idiots think 6 or 7 wins next year. Let's see, no recruiting class, coot players from this year have quit yet they get 6 or 7 wins? LOL

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/next-season-is-setting-up-to-be-an-epic-failure.347266/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....

Dec 16, 2020, 11:04 AM

One of them said 6-7 wins next year....

Coot 2 says, "The eggnog must be good this year!"

BAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAH

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL....

Dec 16, 2020, 11:49 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL....

Dec 16, 2020, 11:50 AM

When did they not suck? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misspelled "ignorant" and "deluded".

Dec 16, 2020, 11:05 AM

In fairness, I'd say five wins is a very real possibility for them in 2021. Not because they will be any better. The won't (although that's exactly how they'll spin it), but because they play more cupcake opponents.

Eastern Illinois

East Carolina

Troy

Vanderbilt

They will be underdogs to Auburn, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Missouri but will likely slip-up and win one they probably shouldn't (i.e., Georgia in 2019 and Auburn in 2020).

They'll still get pounded by teams like Georgia, Florida, Texas A&M, and Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You misspelled "ignorant" and "deluded".

Dec 16, 2020, 11:34 AM

So they got scared of scheduling UNC or NCSU OOC and added a cupcake.

Well...at least for the next couple of years.

Dec 16, 2020, 12:17 PM

They are scheduled to play UNCheat and Liberty in 2023, Miami in 2026 and 2027, NC State in 2030 and 2031 and Virginia Tech in 2034 and 2035. Shane Beamer will be long gone by then (either fired or left for a better job).

Otherwise, excluding Clemson of course, the OOC schedule is filled with a bunch of weak sisters

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You misspelled "ignorant" and "deluded".

Dec 16, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to You misspelled "ignorant" and "deluded". ]

Yep. Year after next, they'll beat Clemson and finish top 10.

Re: Coots are hilarious

Dec 16, 2020, 11:05 AM

It’s the same song and dance every year for them . In August they will have heard how good the boys are practicing and have a go get um attitude that they will win 8 or more games . Then reality sets in by the second game .
It’s like watching the movie Groundhog Day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 11:08 AM

Well I heard someone say that their 3 rotating OOC games for the '21 season are ridiculously easy.

That's 3 wins.

Vanderbilt is an automatic win for everybody in the SEC.

That's 4 wins.

Finding 2 more wins with teams like Tennessee or others falling apart may be possible but is certainly not guaranteed.

The funny thing will be if they get to 6 wins because 6 teams on their schedule are completely pathetic, then all of their fans will think Beamer is "bringing us back to where we used to be".

That will set them up nicely for the crash that frequently happens down there after a tiny bit of success.

Dec 16, 2020, 11:19 AM

I love what Frank Beamer did for Virginia Tech football, and I wish his son all the best. That said, U of SC is not a place for a first-time P5 head coach to cut his teeth -- it's the place where old coaches go to retire!

Since joining the SEC, the Gamecocks have had success under, what, ONE coach (and he a Hall-of-Famer in Steve Spurrier)? So how is a rookie going to get them "back" to a place they've only visited once? Lou Holtz was also HoF but his career record there was 33-37.

Dec 16, 2020, 11:30 AM

The coots I know believe the only difference between the past few seasons and the Spurrier time at scar was the mentality of the players.

Since having a few opt outs and some former players calling them quitters and saying "that would never have happened in my day", the coot fans have decided that Beamer knew how they did it then and can magically bring that feeling back to their team.

It all fell apart under Spurlid***

Dec 16, 2020, 11:58 AM

Dec 16, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots are hilarious ]

No one coot coach has had any post-coot HC job at another power-5/Div1 program in 103ish years. SEC, ACC, Indy - it does not matter.

In the 1918 Frank Dobson (also a former Clemson coach) took a war-time sabbatical or break from the University of Richmond (which did not play a normal schedule due to the war) to coach one season at South Carolina. Went 2-1-1 and then went back to coach at Richmond. Eventually, he would coach at Maryland prior to WW2 and at the outbreak of WW2 he coached the at the vocational shipbuilders school in Newport News.

Dec 16, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots are hilarious ]

I'll take Troy over USuC.

Dec 16, 2020, 11:28 AM

Troy has had a pretty rough year.

No clue what they may be returning for next season though.

Dec 16, 2020, 11:33 AM

They've got enough talent to knock off the right P5 team. Hopefully they're heading back to being a contender in the SBC.

Message was edited by: gbhwa®

Feels like an 0-11 building up

Dec 16, 2020, 11:10 AM

Maybe 1-10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They could pull off another 2 win season

Dec 16, 2020, 11:12 AM

since they have a couple of really bad teams to play

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 1:36 PM

I just looked at there schedule, they can definitely win 6 or 7.. Heck I hope they come in at 11-0 highly ranked when Clemson beats them.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic