Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Question

Dec 20, 2020, 5:39 PM

Ohio St last year vs this year. Which one is better?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who knows, they didn't play enough games this year to get

Dec 20, 2020, 5:40 PM

a good read.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who knows, they didn't play enough games this year to get

Dec 20, 2020, 5:51 PM

I promise you it doesn't matter to Dabo and the coaches how many games they have played.

Re: Question

Dec 20, 2020, 5:49 PM

This year better offense. Last year better defense.

Dec 20, 2020, 11:27 PM

I'd have to debate you on the defense. We lost muse, Terrell, pink, Simmons and Foster. Was hoping foster may sneak in for playoffs but I guess not. We could use a healthy XT even if used for 2 deep. But last year we were forced into 3 man front and this year CBV has much better flexibility. The South bend game with ND helped us tremendously in the long-term.

So definitely have to say this year's D is slight edge and big edge for versatility. Hopefully we get Jake back for playoffs but that doesn't seem to be happening.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Question ]

I'd have to debate you on the defense. We lost muse, Terrell, pink, Simmons and Foster. Was hoping foster may sneak in for playoffs but I guess not. We could use a healthy XT even if used for 2 deep. But last year we were forced into 3 man front and this year CBV has much better flexibility. The South bend game with ND helped us tremendously in the long-term.

So definitely have to say this year's D is slight edge and big edge for versatility. Hopefully we get Jake back for playoffs but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Last year. The general comment is that their secondary is

Dec 20, 2020, 5:51 PM

very average in 2020. I believe Herbstreet made that comment.

Fields has not played at a high level this year. He is 64th in passing yardage. He has 15 TD's and 5 ints.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 5:59 PM

I believe their defense is worse and their offense is
probably the same but maybe slightly worse than last
year. They lost some key players on both sides of the
ball but mostly defense in my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 6:16 PM

Last year Bucknuts team was much better. Ohio St lost best back JK Dobbins (although Sermon/OKLA transfer) looked good Sat. Also lost best cover man Okudah (Wade is a thumper CB who struggles in coverage). And lost top player DE Chase Young. Also D Arnette/CB, M. Harrison/LB, D. Hamilton/DT, KJ Hill/WR, J. Jackson/LG, J. Fuller/S, B. Bowen/RT, B. Victor/WR, R. Lander & J. Cornell/DT's, A. Mack/WR, R. Berry/TE.

Like Bama & Clemson, Ohio St has plenty of young talent, but they lost some stars and leaders, and this year's team has not had reps and lacks 2019 leadership. Clemson is in a good position if O-line protects.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 11:08 PM

Well said and laid out. Think only 6 games has hurt as well as not having the whole unit to work in practice together. The best offense they've seen this year is Indy. Best D obviously NW.... But NW has started strong on D in every game and then wore down in 2nd half for lack of depth. O310 just out atheleted everyone they've played.

Dec 20, 2020, 6:20 PM

They only played half a season. Just who do they think they are, Steve Spurrier?

I think Ohio State was a little better last year.

Dec 20, 2020, 6:22 PM

Although I think we were probably a little better last year too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dec 20, 2020, 9:36 PM

last year - by far.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:42 PM

Last year, with no doubt.

They have played 2 teams this year that would possibly finish .500 in the ACC, but probably not. They looked weak against both of them. Ohio State is closer to Pitt than they are to UNC. They aren't as good as Miami.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Kweschun added to your Kweschun

Dec 20, 2020, 10:40 PM

Which Tiger Team is better? 2019 or 2020?

This year's team vs Miami and the ACCCG is by far the best team play of both years. We were unstoppable against Miami, and last night, we were in championship mode. I think we could have beaten Bama last night. 2019's ACCCG was pretty easy.

I might give a healthy 2020 team the edge over our 2019 team. Although, we miss Ross and I wish Higgins was around for another year.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:47 PM

Last year, Easily.
Better at RB, DLINE, CB’s were best in the nation IMO. OL was also better.
Fields will be running for his life.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:50 PM

Last year with Chase Young it would seem. Theyre still stacked though when healthy.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic