Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Korey foreman situation reminds me of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Korey foreman situation reminds me of

Dec 17, 2020, 6:52 PM

The Robert Kmdechie story. The best thing that came out of that was Gallman and Ryan Carter. I know the kid has talent but too much drama. Likes to be center of attention in the spotlight type. Another one he reminds me of Chad Kelley. Remember he called himself “swag”. He probably spoke in the third person too. Hard pass if you ask me. Could be locker room cancer

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Korey foreman situation reminds me of

Dec 17, 2020, 6:57 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with you about the drama around his signing and I don't know what kind of an attitude he would have in a locker room. That being said, it seems like he is generational talent that no one would want to pass up. Like I said, you may be right, but I would not be upset if he put a Clemson cap on in January.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 7:31 PM

Not knocking you for using the term but in general I’m not a fan of the term “generational” talent. There’s one or two “generational” talents EVERY year. They said that about Watson. Then bam here comes Trevor wins the natty as a true freshman. So unless there’s a bunch of two and three year old kids having babies that instantly grow into teenagers with extraordinary football talent the term generational talent is a lie

Its usually in reference to a team.

Dec 17, 2020, 7:48 PM

We had a once in a generation talent in Watson. You hope to get that kind of talent at least once in a generation. The fact that we got Lawrence right after is rare. If DJU develops like it looks like he will, it will be an extrememly rare situation where we ended up with 3 in a row of what you hope to get at least once in a generation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Generational Talent - #### Yes

Dec 17, 2020, 8:16 PM

Agree with you Joe and disagree with RPC. Both DW4 and TL16 are generational talents. DW4 is one of the top 5 QB's in the world, and TL 16 is about to be drafted #1 with one of the highest college QB and player ratings of all time.

DW4 carried Clemson to a natl championship beating a significantly more talented Bama team. TL16 put on a show in his freshman year championship when Clemson had a better team than Bama and IMHO the best team in our history (thanks CW42 and Power Rangers).

This year TL16 will need to pull a DW4 and gut it out to win against possibly better teams in the playoffs. He can do it with solid blocking, BV, and a few guys stepping up with big games.

The fact that Clemson has never ever had another QB in the category of DW4 or TL16 should be self-evident. The curiosity that these QB's played a year apart from each other had much to do with DW4's success, our HC and coaching staff, and "the something in those hills" -- it does not detract from their generational talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Generational Talent - #### Yes

Dec 17, 2020, 8:22 PM

Well said!

Dec 17, 2020, 6:57 PM

I reallt couldn't care less if we get him. Thee program is way beyond one dude. If we land him I will assume that Dabo knew. If he goes elsewhere it won't change any of our wins or losses.

Dec 17, 2020, 7:02 PM

I would imagine he wants to come to Clemson more than anything!

That said, "Clemson is across the country from his family and friends"! Not a easy choice. He wants Clemson - in his heart and mind - but his heart also likely wants to be closer to home. Had we not been in the middle of a pandemic perhaps it would be a lot easier(less restrictions on traveling and coming and going).
In my mind it's nowhere near the Robber Nkemdechie thing! He was closer to Clemson and wanted to play here - but his brother was at Ole Miss. So, "I guess" I understand that! But, not really! My brother and I were in college for two years at the same time and we didn't want to necessarily be on the same campus! Depends on your relationship and how you were brought up I guess. We always like "visiting" each others campus( understand me ). But, to each their own!

Neither situation in my opinion means they are attention seeking people. When family comes into play and wanting your family to see you play(will they on a 12 kick against Wake ) you have to consider that. IF he plays at Southern Cal - they can see him play! Football wise - and having the time of "his life wise" Clemson would likely be the choice hands down! I give him a break on those grounds!

Dec 17, 2020, 7:27 PM

Nkemdechie's mother was the one person took him away from Clemson to go be with his brother. Do you not remember her saying, "I never heard of Clemson, don't even know where it is!"?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The recruitment reminds me of Shaq Smith.***

Dec 17, 2020, 7:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Comments

Dec 17, 2020, 7:49 PM

1) In this peculiar year dominated by COVID-19, Foreman has taken the path less traveled all the way to Clemson and other college towns to see what's out there. Job well done to Foreman in following his curiosity is my takeaway.
2) If this young man was wrong for Clemson, regardless of his talent level, Coach Swinney would have no part of recruiting him. The fact Swinney has held a spot for Foreman tells me all I need to know about Foreman's character.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comments

Dec 17, 2020, 8:40 PM

Thumbs! Two of my friends and clients are significant USC boosters who have sons playing HS ball in LA.

They are pretty confident that Foreman ends up at USC, but they both said he is the kind of kid who Clemson resonates with. Their biggest concern is that he will go with his heart over USC, which realistically is a great choice for him too.

Even if you fly private to Oconee, getting to Clemson by plane is a logistical nightmare from his area and apparently that comes up a lot.

Dec 17, 2020, 9:21 PM

You can fly from LAX to Atlanta then Rent-A-Car and drive to Clemson easier than you can get from almost anywhere in LA to LAX. It’s easy to drive from Atlanta to Clemson, even easier to drive to Clemson from Charlotte, which also has direct flights to LAX.

Any family coming to see their kid play is going to spend the weekend so renting a car and driving to Clemson is no big deal from Charlotte or Atlanta.

Dec 18, 2020, 10:34 AM

Huh? I assume you are being facetious, but even best case scenario if they can get a direct flight from John Wayne, they are burning half a day traveling. It sucks. I do it 1-2x year and it will get old for them fast and we’re not even considering going to away games and missing team/family events and all that stuff. Throw in the COVID stuff and things get even more dicey. Maybe that distance is a plus for him though? I didn’t apply to any school within a 10 hour radius from home (except a hail-Mary to UVA, who rightly rejected me).

As for recruit comparison, I’d say Flowe, hopefully with a better outcome.

An incidental similarity perhaps ... that’s all.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:01 PM

Foreman doesn’t appear to be under the influence of scheming family members looking for the highest bid. He just seems like a kid who is having fun. Personally, I really hope he finally settles on Clemson.

Re: An incidental similarity perhaps ... that’s all.

Dec 17, 2020, 9:12 PM

He is under the influence of his family.... that is not a bad thing. i can tell you first hand that his dad wants him to stay and play at USC.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic