Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mack Brown running his mouth, dissing Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Mack Brown running his mouth, dissing Clemson

May 10, 2019, 3:39 PM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2019/05/10/mack-brown-expects-north-carolina-beat-clemson/1166697001/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knew this was going to pop up

May 10, 2019, 3:41 PM

And holy sh!t read the actual article before you post crap like this. His reasoning was “you have to believe you can beat anybody, even the national champs.”

He wasn’t running his mouth. Get this garbage out of here, not everything is a slight toward Clemson.

Yep, that's quite the headline compared to the quotes***

May 10, 2019, 3:42 PM

Clemson

The editor did his/her job

May 10, 2019, 3:44 PM

And got you to click because the OP was too dumb or lazy to actually read the article before posting it.

Re: Knew this was going to pop up

May 10, 2019, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Knew this was going to pop up ]

Right!! How was that dissing Clemson?

^^^^^this^^^^^***

May 10, 2019, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Knew this was going to pop up ]

May 10, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Knew this was going to pop up ]

FU

May 10, 2019, 4:20 PM

Please

That's nowhere NEAR locker room board material

May 10, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Knew this was going to pop up ]

I mean what's he going to say, there's no way in #### we're going to beat Clemson? He's absolutely right, why play then? I mean really. And I really hope Dabo or any of our coaches don't use this as any kind of motivational material because it isn't.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mac Brown vs Clemson

May 10, 2019, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Knew this was going to pop up ]

Brown at NC was 3-7 vs the Tigers. Only two of his games were against Danny Ford coached teams.

It makes sense for him to go into the season planning on being competitive in every game.

It makes ZERO sense for a coach to talk this far ahead and this early in his tenure at a school in a manner that leads to where he says he expects to beat Clemson in 2019.

Brown and UNC did beat us badly in Chapel Hill near the end of Brown's tenure. I was there for the 0-45 game against the Heels. I think we owe Brown a solid game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read what he said, not just the headline.

May 10, 2019, 3:47 PM

“Some of the fans will laugh and say, you play Clemson and I said, you know, ‘if you don’t believe you can beat the national champ then why play the game. So it’s not always the best team, it’s whoever plays best that day.”

Re: Mack Brown running his mouth, dissing Clemson

May 10, 2019, 4:14 PM

Yeah . He should have been like CTB right before his last game against Bama when he said Bama was going to kick the $hit out of the Tigers .

ON NATIONAL T.V .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

May 10, 2019, 4:24 PM

Message removed by Author

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 8:07 PM

You're right - allorange .. But I hope UNC changes that this year !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 10, 2019, 4:25 PM

“Running his mouth, dissing Clemson”, do you even read coot? If this is dissing Clemson then please go crawl back into your safe space and show your mommy on your teddy where the internet hurt you. -1 for being a coot snowflake

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 5:23 PM

Theres nothing wrong with what he said. You have to go into every game with the mindset that you can win the game. That doesnt mean you will, but theres a serious problem if the coach says "We do not have a chance to win the game."

I Think Vegas Disagrees by 3-4 Scores***

May 10, 2019, 6:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing wrong with what Coach Brown said...***

May 10, 2019, 7:06 PM

Re: Mack Brown running his mouth, dissing Clemson***

May 10, 2019, 7:13 PM

In fairness, I don’t think Mac Brown is going to just run around and telling his fan base that we have no shot at beating Clemson, so there is no used to even playing this year. He’s not dissing Clemson, he’s just trying to rally his troops behind him.
My bigger concern is... are the football players going to be able to pass their imaginary class to be eligible for the 2019-2020 season?

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Re: Mack Brown running his mouth, dissing Clemson***

May 10, 2019, 8:36 PM

Think they usually get imaginary grades - usually A's or B's - for the imaginary classes - Touch .... -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 10, 2019, 7:18 PM

He had his way with us when Bowden and West were at the helm, and he recruits as well as anyone in the country.

Still, clemson is on another planet right noe.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 8:11 PM

You're right - TBalm .... But - actually - a lot of people had their way with us when Bowden and West - as well as Hatfield - were at the helm ... -:(

Mack Just Trying to Sell Tickets

May 10, 2019, 8:20 PM

He has to do something to fire up that wine and cheese snooty Tarheel crowd. Who are basically just waiting for basketball season.
And, he has to believe in what he is doing. He has to sell it to the team. No recruit would go to a coach who said, "we can't do it". That would be "welcomed" free advertisement to that recruit "FOR-PRO-Clemson"!

I hope we can beat NC badly!

Like a steak cooked at the 3 am shift at the Savannah Waffle house on the North side! ***as a RANDOM - non-specific example*** Well! Burnt! Charcoal! Burnt to dust! LOL!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 8:20 PM

OP is a snowflake if he considers this a diss.

Re: Mack Brown

May 10, 2019, 8:56 PM

They should change the name of Kenan Stadium to Jurassic Park.

May 10, 2019, 8:57 PM

he can say what he wants in print. I just don't want to hear his annoying screechy voice

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 8:57 PM

so you call this dissing clemson huh. smfh at some of you people

Mack Brown needs to beat SCAR first.***

May 10, 2019, 9:11 PM

my, aren't we thinsitive***

May 11, 2019, 9:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Some of you are just WRONG

May 11, 2019, 8:42 PM

What MB said was absolutely mind numbingly stupid. Just setting yourself, your players, and your fans for epic failure when you lose the game by 40+. You dont say nonsense like that when you have ZERO chance of backing it up. He should have said Clemson is what we strive to be eventually. We are just getting started, we will give it all we got and see what happens, etc. As it is you just sound like a delusional senile old man. You have to be invincibly stupid to believe you can beat clemson this year with that wreck of a team you inherited. Like gamecock fan level stupid. You play the game cause they are on the dang schedule. You think furman or georgia state or northwest tech rolls in thinking they are going to win? Be smart, say smart things.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic