Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joungers with freedom, stay out! Joungers with kids GITT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1,212

Joungers with freedom, stay out! Joungers with kids GITT

Dec 2, 2020, 9:07 AM

and tell me what Santa is bringing your kids this year.

Greenr and MauldinT® take your time with the list (and stop reproducing).

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

We are keeping Christmas lowkey, or at least that was the

Dec 2, 2020, 9:18 AM

plan.

However, wife keeps finding SOMETHING for a kid, then has to buy two more things for the other two to "keep it even." Unfortunately, I have no idea what we have bought. Looking at the massive amount of cardboard boxes in my closet and linen closet, it appears as though they are getting hundreds of dollars worth of shit they will not be using in 2 months.

Truthfully, I know the 9 year old girl is getting a new bedspread (her request) and curtains. The boys, 7 and 5, love legos, matchbox cars, etc so that is what a majority of their presents are.

There are 3 Trevor Lawrence jerseys that I bought for them, but that is all I bought. That was because we bought Etienne jerseys for the boys last year, daughter asked for a 16 this year so I got it. Wife thinks they all need them to be fair, so we got two more. I sweater gawd, I have 15 Clemson jerseys in my house.

#10 x 2
#4 x 2
#9 x 2
#16 x 3
#4 Texans
#00 x 2 (infant thing, gonna pass those to friends soon, I think)

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are keeping Christmas lowkey, or at least that was the

Dec 2, 2020, 9:30 AM

Greenr said:

Truthfully, I know the 9 year old girl is getting a new bedspread (her request) and curtains.

DUDE, YOU'RE RAISING A MONSTER!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm raising a 9 year old version of my wife and it

Dec 2, 2020, 9:54 AM

scares the fuck out of me.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just don’t get them confused

Dec 2, 2020, 9:56 AM

For few more years anyways

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Gross, Steve***

Dec 2, 2020, 10:05 AM

Re: Just don’t get them confused

Dec 2, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Just don’t get them confused ]

I assume #3 is your Duayne Coleman jersey?

Dec 2, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to We are keeping Christmas lowkey, or at least that was the ]

And #23 is the one that your wife wore home doing the walk of shame from Kevin Youngblood's Thornhill Apartment back in the day.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

NM, Youngblood was 17. I had a brainfart***

Dec 2, 2020, 11:20 AM

hahahahaha what an idiot!!!!***

Dec 2, 2020, 11:29 AM

An empty bottle of Smirnoff Caramel

Dec 2, 2020, 9:28 AM

what is the last thing those kids did for me? What have they given me this year? Huh? Answer that question for me!! Those kids wont get a darn thing until they start, burp, giving back in this house. I will give them a whooping when they dont brush their teeth or a handshake when they wash the dishes, but I ain't buying, burp, no darn gifts this year until I get something myself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re still giving them more than I’m giving mine.***

Dec 2, 2020, 9:32 AM

Re: An empty bottle of Smirnoff Caramel

Dec 2, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to An empty bottle of Smirnoff Caramel ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kettlebells for the 12 yo, building a swingset for the 14 yo

Dec 2, 2020, 9:45 AM

14 yo Special needs son's favorite thing to do is swing, so i'm building one for him. Not out of pallets, sorry.

12 yo decided he wants to lift weights during the offseason to get ready for football next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rather lowkey

Dec 2, 2020, 10:09 AM

two oldest girls getting laptops, a watch here, wireless ear buds, a Kroger gift certificate, bottles of Tito's vodka

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First off, Santa isn't real thanks to my MILs influence

Dec 2, 2020, 10:09 AM

on MsLovin.

So kids are getting gifts from us including:

Legos, scooters, books, and other things. Our kids are kinda getting gipped but they are too young to know it :)

Oh, we have never done the Santa thing either

Dec 2, 2020, 10:13 AM

my youngest has ruined Santa for quite a few kids and became persona non-grata for a while around our friends

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm ready for Santa to be over. But the 5 year old has a

Dec 2, 2020, 10:19 AM

way to go. The 9 year old is getting suspicious, I think. Hopefully her friends spoil it soon and then she spoils it for her brothers.

We always get both a big gift then each little gifts

Dec 2, 2020, 10:11 AM

such as toys or clothes.

The big gift this year will either be fourwheelers or a two seater go-cart.

Something gas powered. I'm tired of buying 16v batteries from "Susan" in Chiy-na.

Was looking at a golf cart but jesus christ they are expensive. I can buy 4 125cc fourwheelers for 1 golf cart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So if any of you find a good deal on fourwheelers

Dec 2, 2020, 10:14 AM

125cc or under

or a two seater go-cart let me know.

ryanadidas®

I was looking hard at the Hammerheads

Dec 2, 2020, 11:21 AM

and another kind... Can't recall offhand. We decided to go in a different direction, though.

You know anything about the mini-bikes from

Dec 2, 2020, 12:01 PM

tractor supply?

You mean the Trailer Park 125? Oh I'm sure it's fabulous.***

Dec 2, 2020, 12:05 PM

Re: You mean the Trailer Park 125? Oh I'm sure it's fabulous.***

Dec 2, 2020, 12:17 PM

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/massimo-mb200-mini-bike

Probably too big for my 4 year old but looks like it would work for my 7 year old

My 3 kids are getting Apple Watches.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:15 AM

22, 21, & 14

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Golf clubs***

Dec 2, 2020, 10:33 AM

A new iphone apparently.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Dang

Dec 2, 2020, 10:39 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Pretty extensive list

Dec 2, 2020, 10:38 AM

A Christmas ornament, a book, and a Chelsea FC kit. Thats it. That's the list.

And hopefully a hot nanny for dad to fork (Guy or girl, don't care at this point)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I find it interesting that you're more picky about the

Dec 2, 2020, 11:23 AM

perceived attractiveness of the person, rather than the gender.

Well, the oldest is going to visit her Marine boyfriend in

Dec 2, 2020, 10:53 AM

Hawaii. My parents are going to give her a ticket with Frequent flyer miles - she asked for cash for a ticket by my dad just decided to buy it with his unused miles. Her Marine boyfriend is footing the rest of the bill, but we'll probably get her a whole bunch of clothing and some hiking boots since her summer clothes are still at college and they will be hiking a lot.

The oldest boy wants cash towards the new XBOX or a full on gaming computer he hasn't decided.

The middle girl doesn't know what she wants so we will have to wing it.

The youngest boy has a really long list of mostly inexpensive stuff so we'll supplement that

The two year old doesn't care but she'll get toys, clothes, books and other junk.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So far i have bought a ThermaPen with the IR option

Dec 2, 2020, 11:08 AM

and the wife and i each a new pair of Tecovas.

Probably still going to buy myself some new enameled trays for thawing/seasoning/smoking/grilling. Oh and some new Cambros for brining and marinating.

Yay, Christmas!

I literally had to look up everything you listed. Never

Dec 2, 2020, 11:15 AM

heard of any of them.

I knew cambros

Dec 2, 2020, 12:01 PM

at least, i thought I did.

turns out the site i go to has a hyphen between cam and bro

Cash.*******

Dec 2, 2020, 11:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last few years I (we) have focused on minimizing the

Dec 2, 2020, 11:45 AM

amount of crap in our house.

Last year....

Xbox 1 for son

Trampoline for daughter.

Then a few small things.

This year.....

new dresser/bedroom furniture for daughter and maybe a few clothes

Maybe a fancy gaming chair for the son... a new headset for his xbox.

Santa is taking the family to Beech Mountain skiing in February. So they'll get some ski clothes and Santa will make a poster board type thing with pictures of people skiing, letting them know about the trip.

#### that's smart. I'm going to make a poster board

Dec 2, 2020, 11:49 AM

of Disney World so my kids will know it exists.

We don't wanna, but not only do they want a Nintendo Switch,

Dec 2, 2020, 11:54 AM

they each want THEIR OWN.

They've 'settled' on the idea of getting the Switch Lite (lesser featured, handheld one) to keep costs down (thanks, I think)

but (2) $199 "consoles" are more than (1) $299 console, especially when more screen time / games is the OPPOSITE of what those ######## need

Apparently, it's all for ONE game, too...Animal Crossing, or something like that, and they say they EACH need their own game-chip to have separate accounts, so they can then play with/against each other....no idea, doesn't seem accurate tho

So there's that, and with no other (realistic) 'big' request or ideas on our part, we might succumb to the idea, tho I'd go the regular switch, just get one, get Mario Kart, and then never let them play because I'll be playing it.

Re:Lated Threadjack....2 part kweshun

Dec 2, 2020, 11:58 AM

1a) how old is too old to believe in Santa? (and i don't care to hear from the "we've never done the Santa thing" crowd....I get it, you were smarter than us. But here we are)

1b) how old is too old to continue to let us believe they still believe in Santa, and carry on this ruse?

Just do like my dad did when I was 8.

Dec 2, 2020, 12:00 PM

Leave all the boxes in the yard on purpose. When they ask questions, just tell them the truth.

I thought we were just about there a few years ago

Dec 2, 2020, 12:07 PM

daughter was incessant about asking me, and mostly SheGUAR, if WE were pretending to be Santa...getting all upset (or at least acting that way, tho i think it was legit)

finally SheGUAR was all lik "Do you REALLY want to know? if so, ASK ME ONE MORE TIME ############, and I'll TELL you the truth....or you can stop asking, and keep getting gifts from Santa" (give or take, not sure of the exact wording)

and that worked. Not ONE question about it since....but she's 12 now.

still gets excited about the #### elf on the #### shelf, too

My boy is a very naive 9 year old

Dec 2, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re:Lated Threadjack....2 part kweshun ]

and my daughter is a very savvy 8 year old.

I think they're both skeptical but believe... but our time is running out.

My son one day randomly says, sorta quitely, "is Santa real?" I said, "what???" and He said, "nevermind" and walked away. He's done that twice. My standard answer is, "if you don't believe, you won't receive."

Daughter still loves the Elf on the Shelf. Our elf is currently under a cake dish being quarantined for 2 weeks. That was a genius idea to keep from having to move it each day.

We've pulled off some pretty awesome gifts in the past few years that have helped keep them believing.

Wife and I built a full sized trampoline with headlamps in the freezing cold on Christmas eve night last year.

Previous year we sent my daughter to Rally Cat Camp from Santa. We pulled some strings and had one of the Rally Cats send a video saying that "DAUGHTERADIDAS, I'm Rally Cat NAME. Santa told me that you wanted to come spend the weekend with us, so we're going to take great care of you!". That was a pretty awesome gift. The rally cat was the one that won Ms Clemson last year. She got all dressed up in her gear just to shoot the video. Her mom is a friend of a friend... basically she had no clue who we were. Very sweet of her! She also made sure all of the Rally Cats knew that Santa sent my daughter so they'd play along.

Also, my daughter broke her snow globe a few years ago. I fished it out of the trash and replaced the glass part with a mason jar that I cut and glued. I put it under the tree with a note. Daughter swears that the Elves fixed it.

Fnck the Elf on a Shelf. He didn't visit last year and I am

Dec 2, 2020, 12:18 PM

trying to keep him away this year. Made it to December 2 with only one question about him so far.

Daughter asked the other day about Santa. Then said she knew Santa was real because Mom and Dad cannot afford to get as many presents as our kids get. That right there was the nail in the coffin that "we" (wife) buy too much for them.

He probably didn't come back b/c you Fncked him.***

Dec 2, 2020, 12:23 PM

That's like asking how old is too old to believe the earth

Dec 2, 2020, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re:Lated Threadjack....2 part kweshun ]

is round.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's like asking how old is too old to believe the earth

Dec 2, 2020, 12:21 PM

Your kids know the truth about santa but just dont want to

Dec 2, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re:Lated Threadjack....2 part kweshun ]

derail that sweet sweet gravy train of presents.
But at least you get cookies out of the deal.

My kids said the same thing

Dec 2, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to We don't wanna, but not only do they want a Nintendo Switch, ]

we've got the Regular switch and each want the lite for Christmas and I'm trying to figure out why we need 3 of something... and they gave me the same Animal Crossing explanation. It's a conspiracy.

I think I talked them out of it but those f*ckers are spoiled and will probably end up getting them anyway.

9yr old daughter of has a color coded, priority ranked list

Dec 2, 2020, 12:32 PM

of what she wants santa to bring vs "everyone else"

She wants Santa to bring an Apple Pencil and a Sewing machine (###, don't know where this came from). She wants her own nintendo Switch lite because she doesn't like sharing with her brother because "he might touch his butt and then the Switch" which is a pretty legit concern.

5 Year old son of wants a Nintendo Switch Lite, a big screen TV for his room, and an iphone. He needs to make a new list.. he's tripping.

Daughter created a Google Doc (LAST year) that she

Dec 2, 2020, 12:42 PM

shared w/ us and just continually updates throughout the year...this year, she's highlighted the things she wants the most, and has provided links for easy shopping.

not sure whether to be pizzed or impressed, actually...

Switch and a chess set.

Dec 2, 2020, 1:00 PM

And guaranteed now that it's all on the way he's gonna change his mind about the 17th

Replies: 50
| visibility 1,212
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic